ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Media Center>Mortal Kombat (2021)
Fish 11:11 AM 02-18-2021
New Mortal Kombat movie set to release April 16, 2021. Looks like some cheesy bloody fun...

[Reply]
BWillie 02:38 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Yeah i watched it last night with my son.

As a 14 y/o, he loved it. I woulda too if i were 14.

I'd say that it was a better movie than that shit from the 90's.

It both sucked and was awesome at the same time, lol.

I felt like it embraced the cheesiness that is Mortal Kombat though, and didn't try to be something it wasn't. (Jax discovering his Arcano was just so :-) :-) :-))

The lack of a cohesive story and lack of character development, the weird time lapses, odd casting choices (im looking at you Raiden) and several other overlooked nuances were to be expected so i don't really hold it against the movie.

The comedy factor (mostly provided by Kano) and the fan service were cool and unexpected. I didn't expect to laugh as much as i did.

I thought they executed the spell effects pretty well. I sat there thinking i wish the Warcraft movie could've executed the spell effects this well, it woulda been a much better movie.

My one complaint though would be Cole's Arcana. Looks dumb. Rather boring. Built it up and unveiled, basically nothing more than an ugly magic shirt...
I thought the Cole character was clever. He was an MMA fight who made his living getting his ass kicked and taking a beating. What better "power" to have than a exterior that gains power as he takes hits. He was really likeable too, and it was cool how they linked Scorpion and him (they should have focuses more on that, though).

I'm really pissed if Sub-Zero is done. Needed way more of him. Great character. Would like to learn why he's so evil and more of his back story.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:43 PM 04-26-2021
I'm thinking, if there's a next one, they'll bring in Johnny Cage obv, Sub Zero's younger bro, Kitana and maybe a wildcard like Nightwolf. On the other side I'm thinking we'll see Sheeva to replace Goro, Baraka most def since he's a fan favorite, Bi-Han will become Noob Saibot ("death is just a portal) aaaaand maybe a Shao Kahn teaser near the end.

Honestly, I'm looking at a Wiki of Mortal Kombat characters and like 80% of these people are either fucking trash or i don't even know who they are. So if they don't choose wisely, they could fuck themselves over again like they did going with Reiko and Nitara in this first one.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:00 PM 04-26-2021
Nitara was garbage. Jesus.

Scream! Annnnnnnnnnnnnd she’s dead.
[Reply]
Ceej 03:01 PM 04-26-2021
I'd also be okay with Sindel too.

Kind of hot, tbh.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:29 PM 04-26-2021
They need to stop fucking around and Godzilla vs Kong it up.

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter vs Tekken vs Killer Instinct.

I'd watch that.
[Reply]
BWillie 03:31 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
They need to stop ****ing around and Godzilla vs Kong it up.

Mortal Kombat vs Street Fighter vs Tekken vs Killer Instinct.

I'd watch that.
Primal Instinct. Underrated.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:40 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Primal Instinct. Underrated.
Primal Rage! That was a great one but since it's got giant monsters it doesn't really fit the theme of the others.
[Reply]
BWillie 04:12 PM 04-26-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Primal Rage! That was a great one but since it's got giant monsters it doesn't really fit the theme of the others.
Oops. yep that was the name. That was a great game.
[Reply]
Sofa King 09:43 PM 04-26-2021
I’m with wallcrawler on this one. It’s like they tried to smash as many references in there as they could at the expense of a proper storyline. Completely random rushed bullshit. I hated the boring main character and the constant family stuff. I wanted to see fighting, not family time bullshit. Mom slamming an axe into Goro? Wtf?

Sub zero was cool and the scorpion fight wasn’t too bad. Kano was awesome. Sonya was as good as they could do for that character. Kung Lao made sense. Liu, Jax, etc were boring.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:08 AM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:

I'm really pissed if Sub-Zero is done. Needed way more of him. Great character. Would like to learn why he's so evil and more of his back story.
I like the fact that they didn't have Sub-Zero go out like a bitch. Dude got gutted several times and still didn't back down from a 2v1.

He was fucked up, about to get finished off in the last scene and what does he do? He turns around closes the cage door, "For the Lin Kuei". I thought that was cool.

Another under rated scene: The Liu Kang leg sweep scene. Where he swept Kano's leg like 3-4 times in a row?

:-) I thought that was a nice touch, cuz lets be real, who didn't cheese that move as a kid?
[Reply]
Ceej 01:58 PM 04-27-2021
I just watched Scorpion's Revenge this afternoon.

I'm not into animated shows or movies much any more, but it was really good.

Also, assuming there's another MK movie who would you like to see play Johnny Cage?
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 08:29 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Ceej:

Also, assuming there's another MK movie who would you like to see play Johnny Cage?

If you want psycho Johnny I'd say Travis Fimmel
[Reply]
Fish 09:23 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Ceej:

Good call. I watched that a few months ago, and it was actually pretty damn good.

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge:

[Reply]
The Franchise 09:26 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Good call. I watched that a few months ago, and it was actually pretty damn good.

Mortal Kombat Legends: Scorpion's Revenge:

That shit looks awesome.
[Reply]
Fish 09:30 PM 04-27-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
That shit looks awesome.
It is. Very adult anime. Not sure where it's available, I watched it off of the CinemaHD android app...

Pretty much on par with the new movie...

EDIT:

[Reply]
Page 6 of 9
« First < 23456 789 >
Up