ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Mortal Kombat (2021)
Fish 11:11 AM 02-18-2021
New Mortal Kombat movie set to release April 16, 2021. Looks like some cheesy bloody fun...

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:14 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Stryker:
Opening scene first 7 minutes...

Spoiler!
SIIIIIIIIIICK!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:05 PM 04-22-2021
Originally Posted by Rasputin:
I can get it on HBO MAX tomorrow the 23rd.

Saw the trailer, not sure I'm going like the Scorpion from the trailer, but he is my favorite in MK so he better be good in it.
He's still Hanzo Hasashi in that scene. He won't become Scorpion until he's killed and resurrected.

I thought he was pretty badass here though and I don't even particularly like Scorpion.
[Reply]
Ceej 02:43 PM 04-22-2021
Something I just noticed.

Who or what is that flying creature in the trailer?
[Reply]
BWillie 09:27 AM 04-23-2021
When I heard about this movie I wasn't even going to watch it and I loved MK. But I saw the first 7 minutes and it drew me in. I think its going to be nonstop action and enough story that it will be good. Its funny how movies like John Wick can have almost no plot and all action and ppl love it but id other types of movies do it ppl rip them to shreds.
[Reply]
Ceej 12:45 PM 04-23-2021
Got HBO Max downloaded!

I'll be watching this with the wife (she wants to watch it with me) when she gets home from work.

Also, there are two fatality scenes on YouTube if you wanna scratch that itch before watching the movie.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 01:05 PM 04-23-2021
Christopher Lamber will always be MY Lord Raiden.
[Reply]
Fish 01:10 PM 04-23-2021
Just downloaded. 14.5GB

Giddy up!
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 01:12 PM 04-23-2021
Watched it this afternoon. Yes the plot is not going to win any best picture nods and it sucks the main character isn’t a real MK person. But the fights deliver and the fatalities are pretty good. I’d say it’s worth the watch if you’re a fan.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 01:28 PM 04-23-2021
Kano steals the show, fucking awesome iteration
[Reply]
Fish 05:37 PM 04-23-2021
Originally Posted by Ceej:
Something I just noticed.

Who or what is that flying creature in the trailer?
Nitara
[Reply]
Fish 06:02 PM 04-23-2021
I liked it. About exactly what I expected. Some really good fights. Lots of gore. Kano was really hilarious. Had me laughing so much a few times I missed some lines. They're definitely setting up for a sequel.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 06:13 AM 04-24-2021
I thought it lacked the charm of the original but I was still entertained. As you'd expect, there was some clunky dialogue, a convoluted story, and the low budget really took some bite out of the costume design and fight choreography. That said, Kano stole the show and the fatalities were pretty awesome.

Also, the idea of the dragon mark and arcana was a fresh take. I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it, but I definitely didn't hate it, I know that much. I am a little confused as to what Cole's arcana was supposed to be, though..

Spoiler!

[Reply]
unlurking 08:42 AM 04-24-2021
Watched with super low expectations, but was pleasantly surprised. Fight scenes were fantastic (but JFC it's way too dark, turn you TV brightness up a million), and Kano definitely helped make the crappy plot moving scenes more bearable,
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 09:19 AM 04-24-2021
Looks like im in the minority on this one. This is hot garbage IMO. Whoever wrote this, and people like them are the reason you cant get good movies based on videogames.

What's that? I have a metric shit ton of well established, fan favorite characters to draw from?

Nah pimpin. Im good. Im going to pull the most boring, basic, b fighting movie cookie cutter character out of my ass and insert him as the main character.

Now you would think that if one were to insert an all new character in place of all of the others, that new character should be good, right? Even so cool to the point that fans want this guy in the new games that come out.

Unfortunately, that did not happen. Cole Young is ****ing boring. I dont give a shit about him. His "ability" isn't even explained and best i can tell its a combo ripoff of Colossus from Xmen and Black Panther. And the way he learns his ability is the most vile, unearned slap in the face of the whole film.

Spoiler!

I checked out at this point. I know theyre setting up for more, but I just dont care. When you relegate big names like Liu Kang and Kung Lao to little throwaway support characters, you better know what youre doing.

The film borders on false advertisement, as the hype is all for Sub Zero and Scorpion, and there's probably 5-7 minutes of that in total, and thats basicly the best parts of the story.

Visually there's some good stuff and callbacks to the game, but the story is just abysmal. Not even the Johnny Cage tease at the end interests me, because like the rest, he will be a throwaway background character.
[Reply]
bdj23 09:28 AM 04-24-2021
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
Christopher Lamber will always be MY Lord Raiden.
This

Also, I watched it last night. It was ok, but I quit playing MK after SNES, so some of the plot lost me.

Kabal was sweet.

I'll watch it again sometime when I don't have a colicky baby and give it a real opportunity
[Reply]
Page 3 of 9
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up