ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 111 of 319
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:16 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Dude hasn't been healthy for more than 11 games since his rookie seasonl
16 games, 11 games, 10 games, and then 7 games.
He's worth nothing.
I would try and sign him for a minimum $990,000 deal. If another team offers more, then goodbye.

Taco Charlton – He is still only 26 years old.
2017 – Played 16 games with Dallas Cowboys, 399 snaps, 19 tackles, 11 QB hurries, 3 sacks
2018 – Played 11 games with Dallas Cowboys, 401 snaps, 27 tackles, 4 QB hurries, 1 sack. Shoulder Labrum tear, missed 5 games. He also had off season ankle surgery.
2019 – Cowboys released 2 games into season after not playing. Played 10 games Miami Dolphins, 396 snaps, 21 tackles, 1 FF, 5 sacks. Ankle sprain missed 1 game. Elbow sprain missed 1 game. Ankle sprain missed 2 games.
2020 – Played 7 games for Chiefs, 90 snaps, 7 tackles, 2 sacks. Ankle fracture and tore LCL. Missed 9 regular season plus post season games.

Most of the injuries have been the ankle. Sign him and invest in lots of tape.
[Reply]
Wilson8 08:57 PM 02-22-2021
I'd also try and keep, (dependent on if they can sign them to club friendly deals) -

Daniel Sorensen - Spagnuolo, Madison, and Merritt know better how to use Daniel Sorensen in defense. I think Sorensen has a bad reputation from past years where Bob tried to have him cover fast receivers.
2020 – 91 tackles, 3 INTs, 5 PDs, 2 FF.

Damien Wilson 81 tackles in 2019 and 73 tackles in 2020. Hopefully we have a LB that comes along and is better, but I we don't want to be worse.

Mike Remmers - Not as a starter but as a backup that can fill in when it is needed.

I'd also like to keep WR Byron Pringle, OL Andrew Wylie, CB Charvarius Ward, and RB Darrel Williams. They are all on their RFA year. Would prefer a club friendly deal, but Ward and maybe Wylie will probably get paid elsewhere if you don't use the RFA designation on them.

Also if Austin Reiter isn't getting much interest, might try and bring him back on a club friendly deal.
[Reply]
bobhill 09:46 PM 02-22-2021
Wylie can go
[Reply]
kevrunner 10:32 PM 02-22-2021
Originally Posted by ljmhawk:
they still pay taxes on their away games.
Yeah, but only on their game checks, a lot of free agents get big signing bonuses which are not subject to the away game taxes. When Ndamukong signed with Tampa last year, it was for $8 million, $5 was signing bonus, which only leaves $3 million for game checks. Half of that, $1.5 million, is the only amount of Suh’s $8 million contract which is subject to away game state taxes.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 11:18 PM 02-22-2021
Wylie can GTFO. He single handed LT cost us the super bowl. Well him and Remmers were fighting it out for who could be worse
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:50 AM 02-23-2021
Should Jayon Brown be a target as a coverage linebacker? I think Veach should try and spread the money around in key areas instead of going big on one guy.

For example.

Brown
Okung
Clowney
Reed
Samuels
Dunbar

Those are guys who shouldn't break the bank and are veteran guys who could all contribute from day one. You could chop and change names of course but wouldn't that help us more than signing JJ Watt and Allen Robinson to big deals? That's what I'm pondering over right now
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 06:33 AM 02-23-2021
The only “huge” FA deal that makes sense to me is if there’s interest with Trent Williams.

Rest of deals should either be midsized value adds (like Curtis Samuel, maybe Romeo Okwara or Carl Lawson) or ones that take advantage of the market.
[Reply]
RunKC 07:34 AM 02-23-2021
From Matt Miller’s scouting notebook:

Originally Posted by :
Scout’s Quote of the Week:

“This defensive line class SUCKS. There’s not one first-rounder at defensive tackle and a bunch of projects at edge.”
Gotta agree here. But good news is that this appears to be a pretty good FA class for pass rushers.

Lot of great options for us to get someone then take a project later in the draft.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 08:19 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Gotta agree here. But good news is that this appears to be a pretty good FA class for pass rushers.

Lot of great options for us to get someone then take a project later in the draft.

Yeah, it kind of bangs the drum for waiting and taking a project type in round 4 or 5 versus spending high value picks on them. Especially since teams are going to be trying to copycat Tampa.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 08:24 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

I know nothing of the talent available, but unless they feel really confident in a player in the first I agree waiting may be best. After using high picks on DL projects the past 3 years like Kpass, Speaks, and Saunders I’m a little skeptical on their evaluation there. Nnadi is clearly the best of the bunch but not exactly a world beater. Danna and Wharton were two bright spots of 2020, thankfully Veach was able to scout them where he did.

We need that presence opposite Clark, just skeptical of actually finding one that isn’t a bonafide sure fire prospect.
[Reply]
O.city 09:04 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
The only “huge” FA deal that makes sense to me is if there’s interest with Trent Williams.

Rest of deals should either be midsized value adds (like Curtis Samuel, maybe Romeo Okwara or Carl Lawson) or ones that take advantage of the market.
Man, I'd love to add Watt and Lawson. Work on the OL and offense in the draft early.

I think that would make the DL pretty interesting.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 09:12 AM 02-23-2021
One name I haven't really seen that we would probably have legit interest in is Haason Reddick.
[Reply]
In58men 09:29 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
One name I haven't really seen that we would probably have legit interest in is Haason Reddick.
In Week 14 against the New York Giants, Reddick recorded five sacks and 3 forced fumbles during the 26–7 win. It was an Arizona Cardinals franchise record
[Reply]
RunKC 09:41 AM 02-23-2021
This is before cuts too. I know not all these guys will make it to the market but goddmamn look at all these options. This is one of the better FA’s I’ve seen with a position

JJ Watt
Von Miller
Melvin Ingram
Carl Lawson
Matt Judon
Shaq Barrett
Olivier Vernon *injured
Bud Dupree
Leonard Floyd
Yannick Ngakoue
Justin Houston
Ryan Kerrigan
Romeo Okwara
Jadeveon Clowney
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:48 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by OKchiefs:
I know nothing of the talent available, but unless they feel really confident in a player in the first I agree waiting may be best. After using high picks on DL projects the past 3 years like Kpass, Speaks, and Saunders I’m a little skeptical on their evaluation there. Nnadi is clearly the best of the bunch but not exactly a world beater. Danna and Wharton were two bright spots of 2020, thankfully Veach was able to scout them where he did.

We need that presence opposite Clark, just skeptical of actually finding one that isn’t a bonafide sure fire prospect.
Nnadi isn't supposed to be a world beater, he's a hole plugger. He's not ever going to be Chris Jones.

KPass and Speaks are the two major blunders. Saunders had injury problems, too early to tell.
[Reply]
Page 111 of 319
« First < 1161101107108109110111 112113114115121161211 > Last »
Up