ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 17 of 39
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 General Fitness thread
Buehler445 11:48 AM 01-02-2021
How's everyone's 2021? These threads have been full of good stuff in years past.

What are we doing this year?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:47 AM 05-24-2021
Anyone ever used a meal prep service? I'm thinking about trying Evolve. Yeah I get it I can make the shit myself but I'm lazy and my skills are trash. Putting some money into this will help me stick to eating better and be more consistent.
[Reply]
loochy 06:22 AM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Anyone ever used a meal prep service? I'm thinking about trying Evolve. Yeah I get it I can make the shit myself but I'm lazy and my skills are trash. Putting some money into this will help me stick to eating better and be more consistent.
Yeah. It helps a TON. My wide uses Freshly. The meals taste great and they are not at all plain, but they are also kind of expensive.

I've been using a meal prep that operates out of a gym here in town. The meals are $5 each and you just pick from a menu of one meat and two sides. Just consult their calorie table and build up your meal. I eat 4 of those per day, and my 5th meal will be something I make at home (usually anabolic French toast or egg whites and oatmeal).

A meal prep makes counting calories much easier...its easy to track, convenient, and you don't have to worry about overeating portions.

I suggest looking on google for a local business that does it. It'll be fresher, probably cheaper, and you support a local business.
[Reply]
lewdog 06:49 AM 05-24-2021
Learn to cook Billay. Your future wife will love you for it.

Unless you’re ripped and hung like Loochy. Then you can forget it.
[Reply]
loochy 07:16 AM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
Learn to cook Billay. Your future wife will love you for it.

Unless you’re ripped and hung like Loochy. Then you can forget it.

I don't blame him though. Sure, I could cook all of the stuff myself, but then I'd have to go to the store and buy salmon, chicken, and steak; weigh each piece; measure out the peas, beans, and rice; then cook everything. That's a lot of time spent. If you have the money to spare then I say go for it. If you have lots of spare time and not much money, then do it yourself.
[Reply]
lewdog 07:40 AM 05-24-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I don't blame him though. Sure, I could cook all of the stuff myself, but then I'd have to go to the store and buy salmon, chicken, and steak; weigh each piece; measure out the peas, beans, and rice; then cook everything. That's a lot of time spent. If you have the money to spare then I say go for it. If you have lots of spare time and not much money, then do it yourself.
Yeah, even a prepped meal a day can stop people from grabbing some shitty fast food somewhere.

I have also tried some local meal prep services and they are better/cheaper than the national companies. Good recommendation there.

A game changer for me is using the instant pot for making chicken. I can throw chicken breast in there (even frozen if I forget to thaw) and cook lbs of chicken at a time for the week without having to do much work. It's a game changer for saving time.
[Reply]
loochy 09:13 AM 05-24-2021
A game changer for me is using the instant pot for making chicken. I can throw chicken breast in there (even frozen if I forget to thaw) and cook lbs of chicken at a time for the week without having to do much work. It's a game changer for saving time.

I may give that a try. For a long while I did a Sunday afternoon thaw/butterfly/marinate/grill of chicken breasts for the week. It wasn't bad, but the thaw and butterfly process was messy and kind of long. I'll try your frozen instapot method.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 08:52 PM 05-24-2021
Heard alot of great things about Evolve but its 10-11 a meal. Went to Hyvee tonight they have premade meals for 5.50 with the macros printed on them as well.
[Reply]
loochy 05:33 AM 05-25-2021
Heard alot of great things about Evolve but its 10-11 a meal. Went to Hyvee tonight they have premade meals for 5.50 with the macros printed on them as well.
Are they the littke type you pop in the oven that have like salmon and asparagus, steak and potatoes, chicken and green beans, etc? I bought those kind of things from our local HEB (regional grocery chain) when I wasn't dieting. They are very tasty and a good way to get solid, real food while controlling portions.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 10:53 AM 05-25-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
Are they the littke type you pop in the oven that have like salmon and asparagus, steak and potatoes, chicken and green beans, etc? I bought those kind of things from our local HEB (regional grocery chain) when I wasn't dieting. They are very tasty and a good way to get solid, real food while controlling portions.
Yeah pretty much. I got chicken with zucchini just throw it in the microwave boom done.
[Reply]
lewdog 11:24 AM 05-25-2021
I never thought about local grocery stores doing these. What section would they be located in?
[Reply]
Titty Meat 11:39 AM 05-25-2021
I never thought about local grocery stores doing these. What section would they be located in?
The ones at hyvee were over by the deli/hot food section
[Reply]
loochy 01:17 PM 05-25-2021

My store has them in a big refrigerated area between the produce and the frozen food. I'm particularly fond of the "Seafood-stuffed salmon with roasted potatoes". They come in a little foil dish with shrink wrap over the top. You just take off the wrap and put it in the oven for the specified time.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:33 PM 05-25-2021
Yep, this is the way to go.
[Reply]
Kyle DeLexus 07:19 PM 06-05-2021
Yeah, even a prepped meal a day can stop people from grabbing some shitty fast food somewhere.

I have also tried some local meal prep services and they are better/cheaper than the national companies. Good recommendation there.

Do you just cook up a bunch and shred it?
[Reply]
penguinz 11:00 AM 06-26-2021
I have some tadalafil arriving today. Off to buy some lab rats for experimentation.
[Reply]
Page 17 of 39
« First < 71314151617 1819202127 > Last »
Up