ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Toronto Raptors to play in KC for 2021 season?
Deberg_1990 08:31 PM 10-27-2020

KC mayor Quinton Lucas, US Senators Roy Blunt, Pat Roberts and Jerry Moran, and US Rep Emanuel Cleaver co-signed a letter to the NBA commissioner's office and Raptors ownership making the case for Kansas City to be the temporary home, if needed.

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

Never thought I’d type this but Kansas City is legit pursuing an NBA team. Here’s the latest, including three irrefutable takeaways: https://t.co/ZrkvFqUE6F

— Sam Mellinger (@mellinger) October 27, 2020

[Reply]
KCChiefsFan88 09:10 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
So when are they suppose to make a decision on this?
NBA wants to start their season on December 22nd, so they'll have to resolve the Raptors' situation soon.
[Reply]
RockChalk 10:08 AM 10-29-2020
The competition is almost entirely down to KC (Sprint Center) and Louisville (KFC Yum Center), based on someone I'm pretty well connected to who works for Sprint Center (yeah yeah, I know it's now T-Mobile Center). They feel that we have a pretty strong offer on the table and are optimistic about landing Toronto for the 2021 season. Toronto is obviously trying hard to stick in their home city, but finding it difficult to reach a resolution with the government. So if they temporarily relocate, optimism is high that KC will be the choice.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:15 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
The competition is almost entirely down to KC (Sprint Center) and Louisville (KFC Yum Center), based on someone I'm pretty well connected to who works for Sprint Center (yeah yeah, I know it's now T-Mobile Center). They feel that we have a pretty strong offer on the table and are optimistic about landing Toronto for the 2021 season. Toronto is obviously trying hard to stick in their home city, but finding it difficult to reach a resolution with the government. So if they temporarily relocate, optimism is high that KC will be the choice.
I wonder how much of this involves fan revenue? They figure in Toronto they will get zero attendance where in KC they may let them have 3-5k fans or something. Even 3-5k fans for 41 games is alot of money.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 12:19 PM 10-29-2020
I would absolutely order tickets to a game.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 12:29 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I wonder how much of this involves fan revenue? They figure in Toronto they will get zero attendance where in KC they may let them have 3-5k fans or something. Even 3-5k fans for 41 games is alot of money.
I suspect it has a lot to do with it and is one of the main perks of coming here rather than somewhere closer (like New York or Buffalo where that is unlikely to be allowed). Although Toronto is still their first choice given any other alternative, that is probably going to be taken out of their hands soon.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 01:20 PM 10-29-2020
I'd definitely go to a game
[Reply]
sedated 01:37 PM 10-29-2020
Sprint Center (yeah yeah, I know it's now T-Mobile Center)
I know I'm getting old when I still call a bunch of stuff by the old name. I've never said "LA Chargers", that's still San Diego.

I still remember being a kid and thinking it was weird when people said "LA Raiders"
[Reply]
BWillie 01:54 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
I suspect it has a lot to do with it and is one of the main perks of coming here rather than somewhere closer (like New York or Buffalo where that is unlikely to be allowed). Although Toronto is still their first choice given any other alternative, that is probably going to be taken out of their hands soon.
KC CONNECTION NEED TA FLY IN FOR A GAME. GO TO ALLEN FIELD HOUSE AND WATCH HIS RAPS PLAY LEBRONZO ALL IN A WEEKEND. THEN HE KAN COME SPREADS THE RONA BACK TO THE GREAT WHITE NORTH AFTER HE LEAVES. PERFECT TRAP.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:58 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
I know I'm getting old when I still call a bunch of stuff by the old name. I've never said "LA Chargers", that's still San Diego.

I still remember being a kid and thinking it was weird when people said "LA Raiders"
When I was a kid the Grizzlies were in Vancouver and I used to chat with chicks on AIM Instant Messenger. The quest for the most clever away messages always eluded me.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:25 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
KC CONNECTION NEED TA FLY IN FOR A GAME. GO TO ALLEN FIELD HOUSE AND WATCH HIS RAPS PLAY LEBRONZO ALL IN A WEEKEND. THEN HE KAN COME SPREADS THE RONA BACK TO THE GREAT WHITE NORTH AFTER HE LEAVES. PERFECT TRAP.
I would actually do it if restrictions lighten up a bit next year.

I generally come down once a year for a Chiefs playoff game still in January (and if I can combine that with a KU game all the better) but that appears unlikely to happen this year.
[Reply]
CaliforniaChief 03:02 PM 10-29-2020
This would be so awesome for Kansas City and the Raptors! I really hope it happens.
[Reply]
scho63 01:10 PM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I can't really argue with that because hockey is another sport that is freaking amazing live while kinda "meh" on TV.

I just prefer the game of basketball over hockey.
Fair point....:-)
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:20 PM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:

[Reply]
Titty Meat 04:01 PM 11-05-2020
Sounding like it might be Newark
[Reply]
TribalElder 04:13 PM 11-05-2020
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Sounding like it might be Newark
NJ did just legalize weed, put them over the top

plus civil rights groups were warning them to not come to kc since our cops murder black people
https://sports.yahoo.com/civil-right...033023192.html
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up