ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 34
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
The Gonzo Lounge>Do you Believe in Bigfoot ?
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:28 PM 08-03-2019
I gotta admit that this is a topic that's intrigued me for many years. There are now just so many videos relating to this that I find myself spending countless hours watching usually late at night when I'm bored but are so fascinating.

I'm wondering what your opinions are on if they exist or not. This guy has lots of great hunting stories to tell and several Sasquatch encounters if you like this type of thing.

Here you go.


[Reply]
Halfcan 11:30 AM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
That's incredible....so have you found a pic on the internet yet that looks like it?

I'm intrigued by your description.



If you take this pic and remove most of the facial hair so you could see more of the leathery face that would be close to what we saw. Much smaller and rounder head.

I had the artist rendering pics on an old computer that stopped working. It would be interesting to take it in and see if I could get them off the hard drive. He was pretty talented and ended up moving to the area (Lees Summit) we kept in touch a few years.

Like I said- I don't talk about it much. I usually get this response. :-) :-) :-)

Soon as you mention Bigfoot- you are a nut-lol Plus, my encounter did not look like the typical beef jerky Sasquatch either.
[Reply]
redhed 11:56 AM 03-04-2020
I just watched an excellent analysis of the PGF, and I'm back to 'maybe there is a bigfoot'. I'm just astounded there isn't any biological evidence. Where's the poop, hair, bones or fossil record?
[Reply]
Detoxing 12:59 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by redhed:
I just watched an excellent analysis of the PGF, and I'm back to 'maybe there is a bigfoot'. I'm just astounded there isn't any biological evidence. Where's the poop, hair, bones or fossil record?
PGF?
[Reply]
LiveSteam 01:02 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This was my post of an encounter we had up in British Columbia.

Posted 6 /27 / 2013

I felt the exact same way until I saw one.

I was with my family on vacation up in Canada. We were winding through the mountains in British Colombia. I was driving, my ex in the passenger seat half asleep and the kids in the back were sleeping and watching a movie.

We were winding around a bend and then descending into a slight grade. Three small cars were in front of me and a flat bed transport truck in the lead. As we came around the bend, everyone slammed on their brakes because something was crossing in the road.

I stomped on the brakes and skidded to a stop barely missing the car in front. A semi in back of us locked them up and nearly smashed us in the rear. My ex was thrown hard against the seatbelt and all the loose stuff slammed to the front. It took a second to realize we were okay.

As I looked up I saw the top of a head just above the truck- putting the height at over 8 feet. We had just seen moose and elk along the way and assumed that is was one of those until it stepped out from the truck.

When you see something unexpected it takes your mind a second to register. First thought- two legs? What in the world?? Then it turned and looked right at us while casually walking accross the road. It was brown- short-haired with a round gorilla/ man looking face. It's head almost seemed too small for its body and had a leathery looking skin like a monkey. It was extremly muscular- seems you could see every muscle flex as it walked. Not bulked up just lean and fit. Similar to the family of Mountain goats we had just seen on the side of the road. The are wild and very lean- completely opposite of zoo animals.

So the whole line of traffic just sat there as it stepped over the guardrail in stride and disapeared down into the valley below. I had a video camera and a 35mm camera sitting there but we were just so stunned and it happened so fast. As traffic moved we pulled over. I jumped out with the camera. The valley went down about 100 feet in a straight dropoff and you could see for miles- but it was gone. I don't know how in the world anything could have gotten down that cliff, but after seeing the goats bounce down sheer cliffs on little hoaves- I guess nature has a way?

When I watch that show with the supposed encounters- nothing described looks like what we saw. Maybe since it was summer they shed or something- but it was clean looking with very short hair. I think 95% sightings are fake, with the true sightings getting lost in all the drama. I know we will never forget it.

And a follow-up post answering a few questions.

Yep posted in another Bigfoot thread- on here I think it was. When we got back I started doing research and most every picture looked the same-lol Absolutely nothing looked like what we saw.

So I posted on a Bigfoot Research site. All hell broke loose. I was immediatly called a liar, a faker, ect. It was crazy- how dare I describe an animal that did not have long dirty tangled hair ect.

So they started checking on my story- turns out the flatbed is common to a trucking company there and I identified the exact truck type. They pinpointed where I saw it and there were several other reports in that area- something like 30 in a two month period. None that close. An artist on there contacted me by phone and drew pics of what I saw- it looked amazingly close- so he posted it.

There were 2 or 3 total a holes- that slammed the pics- the evidence- everything- they closed the thread and locked it for some reason. About two weeks later a team went to that area and found footprints and nesting. They posted a thread about it and several sent me apologies.

I mean what did I have to gain? I didnt even know these people. Most of the threads on there were about growling and stuff and I post a day light sighting with an exact location and details and they about ran me off there-lol It was pretty disapointing. It was several years before I told anyone again.

And a follow up post.


lol It was not a badger. We had just went to Calgary zoo the day before and saw gorilla's, bears and about every other animal. We saw moose and elk up close at Baniff national park. And probably an hour or less before the sighting pulled over and saw the family of mountain goats. So like I said my mind was thinking elk or moose because it was so tall.

I tried to get pics- we sat on the side of the road for maybe 15 minutes but it was gone. I just have no idea how it could get down that sheer drop off. It was like it just casually stepped over the rail and just right over the side without breaking stride. I had a 35 mm with a 200-600 zoom and scanned the whole valley.

I usually don't talk about it much- people just think you are nuts-lol We were stunned and didn't talk for maybe 50 miles before the kids were asking what it was. I just said I didn't know-lol

You've actually seen one.
That's awesome.. And ya. People do think you're crazy when you tell your story.
Lucky for me. Crazy has been part of my DNA since i was about 16 and Ive learned to embrace it.
[Reply]
redhed 01:06 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
PGF?
The Patterson-Gimlin Film, it's the classic BF vid from 1967, you've prolly seen it.
[Reply]
Detoxing 01:22 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by redhed:
The Patterson-Gimlin Film, it's the classic BF vid from 1967, you've prolly seen it.
Ah gotcha. Yeah.
[Reply]
Detoxing 01:55 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This was my post of an encounter we had up in British Columbia.

Posted 6 /27 / 2013

I felt the exact same way until I saw one.

I was with my family on vacation up in Canada. We were winding through the mountains in British Colombia. I was driving, my ex in the passenger seat half asleep and the kids in the back were sleeping and watching a movie.

We were winding around a bend and then descending into a slight grade. Three small cars were in front of me and a flat bed transport truck in the lead. As we came around the bend, everyone slammed on their brakes because something was crossing in the road.

I stomped on the brakes and skidded to a stop barely missing the car in front. A semi in back of us locked them up and nearly smashed us in the rear. My ex was thrown hard against the seatbelt and all the loose stuff slammed to the front. It took a second to realize we were okay.

As I looked up I saw the top of a head just above the truck- putting the height at over 8 feet. We had just seen moose and elk along the way and assumed that is was one of those until it stepped out from the truck.

When you see something unexpected it takes your mind a second to register. First thought- two legs? What in the world?? Then it turned and looked right at us while casually walking accross the road. It was brown- short-haired with a round gorilla/ man looking face. It's head almost seemed too small for its body and had a leathery looking skin like a monkey. It was extremly muscular- seems you could see every muscle flex as it walked. Not bulked up just lean and fit. Similar to the family of Mountain goats we had just seen on the side of the road. The are wild and very lean- completely opposite of zoo animals.

So the whole line of traffic just sat there as it stepped over the guardrail in stride and disapeared down into the valley below. I had a video camera and a 35mm camera sitting there but we were just so stunned and it happened so fast. As traffic moved we pulled over. I jumped out with the camera. The valley went down about 100 feet in a straight dropoff and you could see for miles- but it was gone. I don't know how in the world anything could have gotten down that cliff, but after seeing the goats bounce down sheer cliffs on little hoaves- I guess nature has a way?

When I watch that show with the supposed encounters- nothing described looks like what we saw. Maybe since it was summer they shed or something- but it was clean looking with very short hair. I think 95% sightings are fake, with the true sightings getting lost in all the drama. I know we will never forget it.

And a follow-up post answering a few questions.

Yep posted in another Bigfoot thread- on here I think it was. When we got back I started doing research and most every picture looked the same-lol Absolutely nothing looked like what we saw.

So I posted on a Bigfoot Research site. All hell broke loose. I was immediatly called a liar, a faker, ect. It was crazy- how dare I describe an animal that did not have long dirty tangled hair ect.

So they started checking on my story- turns out the flatbed is common to a trucking company there and I identified the exact truck type. They pinpointed where I saw it and there were several other reports in that area- something like 30 in a two month period. None that close. An artist on there contacted me by phone and drew pics of what I saw- it looked amazingly close- so he posted it.

There were 2 or 3 total a holes- that slammed the pics- the evidence- everything- they closed the thread and locked it for some reason. About two weeks later a team went to that area and found footprints and nesting. They posted a thread about it and several sent me apologies.

I mean what did I have to gain? I didnt even know these people. Most of the threads on there were about growling and stuff and I post a day light sighting with an exact location and details and they about ran me off there-lol It was pretty disapointing. It was several years before I told anyone again.

And a follow up post.


lol It was not a badger. We had just went to Calgary zoo the day before and saw gorilla's, bears and about every other animal. We saw moose and elk up close at Baniff national park. And probably an hour or less before the sighting pulled over and saw the family of mountain goats. So like I said my mind was thinking elk or moose because it was so tall.

I tried to get pics- we sat on the side of the road for maybe 15 minutes but it was gone. I just have no idea how it could get down that sheer drop off. It was like it just casually stepped over the rail and just right over the side without breaking stride. I had a 35 mm with a 200-600 zoom and scanned the whole valley.

I usually don't talk about it much- people just think you are nuts-lol We were stunned and didn't talk for maybe 50 miles before the kids were asking what it was. I just said I didn't know-lol
It'd be sweet to see the pics you DID take. Of the Valley, road etc just to better envision it.
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:08 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by LiveSteam:
You've actually seen one.
That's awesome.. And ya. People do think you're crazy when you tell your story.
Lucky for me. Crazy has been part of my DNA since i was about 16 and Ive learned to embrace it.
This! When we got home, I could not stop thinking about it. So I went through everything Bigfoot on the (World Wide Web) and nothing came close to matching up to what we saw. I found the Bigfoot Research site and posted my encounter. It was crazy. I had people threaten me, call me every name in the book, ect. I was only looking for answers. A few "sane" people that run site, sent me a long-form for the encounter, which I filled out. I had my trusty road atlas that had our trip all marked up, so I knew almost the exact place. With all this information- Bigfoot "researchers" in the area, went out for a weekend looking. In the end, I felt vindicated with their follow up post, but after two weeks of crazies sending me hate email, I got off the site for good. I checked back years later and they had the same old stuff as before I posted. Pics of Muddy tracks and a lot of grainy videos that could be about anything. I have told a few people about it, but I figure it is best to keep it to myself.

With so many folks out hiking now and having phone cameras, drones, ect I figure someone will get some legit great footage of these unknown creatures, at least I hope so. :-)
[Reply]
Halfcan 02:22 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
It'd be sweet to see the pics you DID take. Of the Valley, road etc just to better envision it.
It must have been the summer of 2001 because my youngest son was still in a car seat. I had an Olympus 35 mm camera ( which I lost in the divorce) but I have photos somewhere of that trip. I will see if I can dig them up and scan what I have. :-)

Looking back, I wish I would have documented the entire site more. Pics of the guard rail- to show how tall it had to have been to just step right over it in full stride. Pics going straight down the cliff with some kind of marker like a tree- to get an idea of the sheer dropoff. I think if we had not just been in a wreck I would have been way more cognizant of not only what we saw, but getting more pics. Film and developing was a little pricy then so I took pics sparingly. Today I would have an entire memory card full.
[Reply]
LiveSteam 02:39 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
This! When we got home, I could not stop thinking about it. So I went through everything Bigfoot on the (World Wide Web) and nothing came close to matching up to what we saw. I found the Bigfoot Research site and posted my encounter. It was crazy. I had people threaten me, call me every name in the book, ect. I was only looking for answers. A few "sane" people that run site, sent me a long-form for the encounter, which I filled out. I had my trusty road atlas that had our trip all marked up, so I knew almost the exact place. With all this information- Bigfoot "researchers" in the area, went out for a weekend looking. In the end, I felt vindicated with their follow up post, but after two weeks of crazies sending me hate email, I got off the site for good. I checked back years later and they had the same old stuff as before I posted. Pics of Muddy tracks and a lot of grainy videos that could be about anything. I have told a few people about it, but I figure it is best to keep it to myself.

With so many folks out hiking now and having phone cameras, drones, ect I figure someone will get some legit great footage of these unknown creatures, at least I hope so. :-)
I was the same way.. I went straight over to Bugs house and jump on his computer and we started looking for Bigfoot sounds.. But never found anything that sounded like what i heard. Eventually I got internet at my house and kept trying to find something like what i heard. But gave up. That was years ago now.. Then about 6 months ago. My kid was listening to Howler Monkeys on her laptop. And Im like DAM, thats what i listened to that night, for 2 or more hours.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 08:15 PM 03-04-2020

[Reply]
SuperBowl4 08:33 PM 03-04-2020
Shaquille O'Neil wore/wears a size 22 shoe. Bigfoot/feet!
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 08:38 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
The guy totally nails it shut!

They are out there, no doubt about it.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:25 PM 03-04-2020
I’m not gonna doubt people’s accounts of seeing something that they can’t identify. But for me, personally, I don’t believe in anything I’ve never either seen myself or that there isn’t unarguable proof for the existence of, at least at one time.
[Reply]
Ubeja Vontell 09:30 PM 03-04-2020
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
I’m not gonna doubt people’s accounts of seeing something that they can’t identify. But for me, personally, I don’t believe in anything I’ve never either seen myself or that there isn’t unarguable proof for the existence of, at least at one time.
Did you watch the video? Not about things they can't identify, it was about actually confronting these things.

Way too many people have seen these things.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 34
« First < 7891011 1213141521 > Last »
Up