ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 19
« First < 91516171819
Nzoner's Game Room>Eric Fisher to the Colts
staylor26 09:52 AM 05-10-2021

Pro Bowl LT Eric Fisher is signing a one-year, $9.4 million deal with the Indianapolis Colts, per source. The former No. 1 overall pick now will be Carson Wentz’s blindside protector.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) May 10, 2021

[Reply]
chiefforlife 12:48 PM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
$13.4 million salary for Bradberry this year and at 29 yrs old I have no interest in extending him in a way that would make that more palatable going forward.

I'd rather use that $13.4 million to keep Ward and it's not particularly close. If Allegretti has the kind of trade value to be the principal in a trade for a solid starting CB, I'd simply try to move him for something else.

If the Giants want Allegretti, they can send us Darius Slayton for him. Slayton would be a guy I'd be interested in working on an extension with and at worst, he walks in the offseason w/ no real harm done after playing out his final year at $2.5 million.

With Golladay, Shepard and Toney, the Giants have some WR depth they can trade from and Slayton is unlikely to look to extend there in his current role.

That deal would make a lot of sense for both sides provided that the Giants actually put that level of value on Allegretti.
Yeah, I could go for that too!
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 01:32 PM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
I think Wylie is going to get significantly more than we think. Won’t be crazy money but I bet it’s 6-8m per year for 3-4 years.
I think teams will value him than Chief Fan does, but I doubt many see him as a starter.
[Reply]
BossChief 06:20 PM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I think teams will value him than Chief Fan does, but I doubt many see him as a starter.
He’s improved during his time here and was a solid starter, for the most part.

Solid OL that are still young bring a premium.
[Reply]
tredadda 06:34 PM 03-09-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
He’s improved during his time here and was a solid starter, for the most part.

Solid OL that are still young bring a premium.
Agree. He was better than most (myself included) thought he would be. He’s young and can play RG or RT. He’s not elite at either, but he is good enough that a team will pay decent money for that youth and versatility.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 07:59 PM 03-09-2022
Who’s that dude that got a surprising deal with Houston who wore glasses and SNR loved?

Herb something, right?

Might be a similar situation. Versatility and youth got him a much bigger bag than we expected. Then he kinda sucked but that’s neither here nor there.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:05 PM 03-09-2022
Who’s that dude that got a surprising deal with Houston who wore glasses and SNR loved?

Herb something, right?

Might be a similar situation. Versatility and youth got him a much bigger bag than we expected. Then he kinda sucked but that’s neither here nor there.
Herb Taylor?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:05 PM 03-09-2022
Okay so the accountant looking dude that SNR loved was Herb Taylor and he did not play for the Texans or really anyone else after KC. He mostly just sucked.

The person I’m thinking of is actually Wade Smith, who signed a 4 year, $12 million deal with Houston completely out of left field.

And in fact he did NOT suck after he left. He was a good 4-year starter fro them and even made a Pro Bowl. So I completely combined two people into one there.

So Wade Smith is the comp here.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:06 PM 03-09-2022

Herb something, right?

Herb Taylor from TCU.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 19
« First < 91516171819
Up