ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 145 of 146
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:51 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
I don't know what happened at halftime....but it fucking worked.
[Reply]
ModSocks 10:52 AM 02-13-2023
I feel like a lot of what we studied and discussed came to fruition.

1. We said that their pass rush was a bit of a paper tiger, and they never rushed a Qb like Mahomes before. We were correct in that assessment. Personally, it wasn't high on my worry list and i know some others felt the same.

2. We said that their secondary is compromised because they can't just play zones all game and they're not great at man. We discussed how their read-and reacting in the secondary works against them and can be exploited. We discussed their issues dealing with motion.

3. We thought the Chiefs could run on them too. They did.

4. We discussed how big of a threat their OL is, how dominant it is. And it was. We discussed how the Chiefs need to stay out of 3rd and short, as we thought they'd have a tough time getting off the field in those situations. And the Chiefs found themselves in a lot of 3rd and shorts....and couldn't get off the field.

I'm sure there's a lot im missing, but to me those are the main points that stand out. We kinda nailed this one, CP. This game fleshed out, mostly, how we envisioned it, and why a number of us were so comfortable headed into the game.

The caveat being that a lot of us underestimated Hurts' ability to shred out secondary.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:54 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Not even close. Lamar is a better runner, but nowhere near the passer Hurts is. Most offenses in the league now use a lot of college concepts. Even KC. Hurts was very effective from the pocket last night as well as running. Not sure what game you were watching.
Yeah, I agree. Before the game, I would have put Hurts in the same tier of QBs as Dak and etc. 3rd-tier.

Now?

Elite god-emperor-of-Dune-Qwisatz-Haderach tier: Mahomes
Elite almost-Qwisatz-Haderach tier: Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Hurts, Rodgers when he gives a F
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:02 AM 02-13-2023
I still think Lamar is underrated here. Hurts is a better passer but Lamar is a more effective runner.

Keep everything the same but replace Hurts with Jackson during this Eagles run and I have no doubt that they still make it to the Super Bowl.

Jackson's got his obvious limitations and lately the injuries have been piling up, but when he is healthy, he is still one of the best football players in the league.
[Reply]
Redden 04:44 PM 02-13-2023
Congratulations Chiefs fans! Great game.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:47 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
WHY THE FUCK IS IT SO QUIET IN HERE!??

YA'LL BETTER GET SOME ENERGY IN HERE!!

Thats what
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:48 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
The caveat being that a lot of us underestimated Hurts' ability to shred out secondary.
I think a lot of us put stock in a small sample of games post-injury and just assumed his shoulder wasn't 100%.

It was pretty obvious after the first couple deep balls he threw that there was nothing wrong with his arm.

I think that's really the one thing we had wrong.
[Reply]
Mecca 04:51 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I think a lot of us put stock in a small sample of games post-injury and just assumed his shoulder wasn't 100%.

It was pretty obvious after the first couple deep balls he threw that there was nothing wrong with his arm.

He also played above his head, no one expects dude to pull out his career game on that stage.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:51 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Redden:
You guys played a HELL of a game, nothing to hang your heads about at all

Hurts is 100% legit, he dropped several straight up indefensible dimes, he was money in his first big game... you guys are in good hands, great game

And I have newfound respect for Sirianni after watching him cry during the anthem, he's a great young coach
[Reply]
New World Order 04:53 PM 02-13-2023
Our linebackers were really sellin out to stop the run. It seemed like we stayed in a 4-3 a lot of the time and our linebackers were really attacking gaps to shut down their sweep runs.

That made Hurts' passing a little easier, but he still played a great game.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 05:13 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Toradol.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 07:46 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Toradol.
I believe Mahomes said they didn’t give him any painkillers at half
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 08:21 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by htismaqe:

I really thought the game might come down to Hurts bad shoulder taking away his deep ball versus Mahomes bad ankle* letting the Eagle's pass rush be the deciding factor.

Wrong on both accounts.

*I figured correctly he would come up hobbling at some point in the game...
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 08:23 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Redden:
Classy. Can you really complain about going 1-1 between Nick Foles and Jalen Hurts?
[Reply]
tredadda 09:41 PM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Yeah, I agree. Before the game, I would have put Hurts in the same tier of QBs as Dak and etc. 3rd-tier.

Now?

Elite god-emperor-of-Dune-Qwisatz-Haderach tier: Mahomes
Elite almost-Qwisatz-Haderach tier: Joe Burrow, Josh Allen, Hurts, Rodgers when he gives a F
Hurts has grown on me as the season went on. We can argue the Eagles played a weak schedule or his team is stacked but he played very well all season. Far better than Jackson ever has, even in his MVP season. I am curious to see how he continues to develop.

On another note, I finally saw Dune a few weeks ago so I now understand your name and avatar. Still don’t get your above comparison, but I know enough to understand the tiers.
[Reply]
Page 145 of 146
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146 >
Up