ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 144 of 146
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
ThaVirus 11:17 PM 02-12-2023
Hats off to the Eagles. They’ve got a great squad and I can see how they just run away from teams. That offense is the real deal.

I will say, though, like half their defense is set to be FAs this off-season. They really needed to win this one.
[Reply]
kccrow 11:22 PM 02-12-2023
Man, my hats off to Philly and their fans for a great game and a fun two weeks leading up.

We struggled to defend what really is a high-school offense, which was wild and I totally didn't expect it. They have the pieces to run it at the NFL level though. I thought we'd thoroughly dominate them because I didn't respect their offense. That O-line is really, really good and obviously makes it all possible.

Hurts also played a lot better than I thought he would. Some of that is he was healthier than I thought he was going to be and some of it was he just made some gutsy throws. Against a more veteran secondary I think he gets picked a couple of times but he understood he could take chances and he did, to great results. As Hurts continues to grow as a passer, he's going to get even more difficult to defend.

This will be a fun game to go back and watch again.
[Reply]
duce22 08:05 AM 02-13-2023
Well, congratulations to your Cheifs. Well deserved win. I wasn't expecting to eat crow but that's how it goes.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:06 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by duce22:
Well, congratulations to your Cheifs. Well deserved win. I wasn't expecting to eat crow but that's how it goes.
Respect for coming back. Hell of a squad there in Philadelphia.

What a game.
[Reply]
Molitoth 08:13 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Man, my hats off to Philly and their fans for a great game and a fun two weeks leading up.

We struggled to defend what really is a high-school offense, which was wild and I totally didn't expect it. They have the pieces to run it at the NFL level though. I thought we'd thoroughly dominate them because I didn't respect their offense. That O-line is really, really good and obviously makes it all possible.

Hurts also played a lot better than I thought he would. Some of that is he was healthier than I thought he was going to be and some of it was he just made some gutsy throws. Against a more veteran secondary I think he gets picked a couple of times but he understood he could take chances and he did, to great results. As Hurts continues to grow as a passer, he's going to get even more difficult to defend.

This will be a fun game to go back and watch again.
The NFL is all about adjusting to adjustments.
When D-coords adjust to this Eagles college offense, it will be interesting to see if Hurts can be successful from the pocket as a QB, and not a RB.
Or if his body can hold up over time with all of the hits he is going to take on designed runs.

I'll put Hurts in the same category as Lamar Jackson and Josh Allen.

I think there are many better passing QB's.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:24 AM 02-13-2023
Well, got the answer to whether the Eagles only benefited from a cupcake schedule or if they're actually pretty damn good... and they're pretty damn good.

A bit of mixed feelings on Hurts... made some great throws, and had some Burrow "throw it up and see what happens" throws, but he clearly has the receivers for it. They were really impressive.

I feel like maybe the field impacted both defensive lines, since neither were consistently effective? :-) Think I saw a quote from Frank Clark mentioning how bad it was (not that it wasn't obvious enough on TV), and Eagles players saying the same.

I need to watch the game again so I can just enjoy it. :-)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:25 AM 02-13-2023

[Reply]
wachashi 09:50 AM 02-13-2023
We had our way with the Eagles defense and I think exposed them as the beneficiaries of a cupcake schedule and not some historic, elite pass-rushing team on par with the 85 Bears.

The Eagles offense is legit. Jalen Hurts is legit. They put a ton of stress on our defense.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:20 AM 02-13-2023
Your guys are excellent.

That offense is much better, and Hurts is much better than I thought he was. I really thought KC would be able to limit him and just did not.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 10:26 AM 02-13-2023
I was really surprised by how effective Philly's offense was last night. They completely dominated TOP and hung 35 points on an excellent KC defense that were playing their asses off. Yes, their schedule was soft, but they were the #2 offense for a reason: they are really, REALLY fucking good. That was an impressive display.

I was not surprised by the KC offense. :-) I expected them to move the ball & score a ton of points, because that is what they do.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 10:33 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
When D-coords adjust to this Eagles college offense, it will be interesting to see if Hurts can be successful from the pocket as a QB, and not a RB.
Or if his body can hold up over time with all of the hits he is going to take on designed runs.

I don’t think Lamar belongs in nearly the same category. Hurts has the leadership Lamar does not. And he’s a much better passer. I just find that so hard to believe considering what he was in college. But he is good enough to take what a defense defending a terrific running game and running qb give him. Which I really reluctantly say about Lamar who takes advantage of wide open looks he gets because of his running ability
[Reply]
tredadda 10:42 AM 02-13-2023
Respect on coming back. I will say that I liked Hurts before the game and thought some underrated him. He put on a clinic and did everything he could do to will his team to a SB and just came up short. One of the finest performances I have seen in a long time for someone on the losing side.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:42 AM 02-13-2023

The Chiefs offense in the second half:

4 total drives: TD, TD, TD, game-winning FG

Patrick Mahomes: 13-of-14, 2 passing TD

They had ZERO total penalties, allowed ZERO sacks and had ZERO negative runs against arguably the best DL in the NFL.

— Field Yates (@FieldYates) February 13, 2023

[Reply]
tredadda 10:45 AM 02-13-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:

Not even close. Lamar is a better runner, but nowhere near the passer Hurts is. Most offenses in the league now use a lot of college concepts. Even KC. Hurts was very effective from the pocket last night as well as running. Not sure what game you were watching.
[Reply]
ChiTown 10:46 AM 02-13-2023
26 for 158 yards 6.1 ypc. That was THE difference in the game, IMO. Our ability to run the ball, and Mahomes ability to scramble from the pocket to get positive yards made all the difference in the world - especially in the 2nd half.
[Reply]
Page 144 of 146
« First < 4494134140141142143144 145146 >
Up