ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 143 of 146
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let’s talk about the Eagles (Super Bowl edition!)
RunKC 09:23 PM 01-29-2023
Well fellas what do we think?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:15 PM 02-12-2023
Hurts is better than I thought
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 09:37 PM 02-12-2023
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
The Eagles racked up 70 sacks in the regular season. Impressive. Here's who the majority of those sacks came against:

Carson Wentz - 9 sacks
Kenny Pickett - 6 sacks
Matt Ryan - 4 sacks
Ryan Tannehill - 6 sacks
Daniel Jones - 7 sacks
Justin Fields - 6 sacks
Dak Prescott - 6 sacks
Andy Dalton - 7 sacks

51 of their 70 sacks came against those 8 QB's. 5 of those lines ranked among the Bottom 10 pass blocking lines in the league, per pass blocking win rate. 2 of them did rank in the Top 10 (Bears and Steelers).

Would you say the above list is an impressive list of QB's? Any Top 10 QB's in there??

How bout the playoffs:

Divisional: Daniel Jones, again. 5 more sacks for the Eagles.

NFC Title Game:

QB's faced:

One armed Brock Purdy, no armed Josh Johnson, and everyone's favorite running QB; Christian McCaffrey.

They managed 3 combined sacks against this collection of elite QB's.

So taking all that into account, are their sack numbers really as impressive as they look on the surface?

QB they will be facing in the Super Bowl? That would be Patrick Mahomes. The best QB in football. The soon to be annointed MVP. The guy that plays behind the #1 O-Line in the league for pass block win rate. The 3rd least sacked QB in the NFL among QB's with at least 400 pass attempts.

We'll see if the Eagles pass rushing 'dominance' continues against Kansas City in the Super Bowl . . . . . .
So much for that ‘dominant’ pass rush, huh Eagles fans?

We tried to tell you it was a mirage because of all the garbage QB’s you went up against.

Now you know what’s it’s like to go up against an elite O-Line and an elite QB.

Welcome to the BIGTIME!
[Reply]
cmd227 10:20 PM 02-12-2023

We tried to tell you it was a mirage because of all the garbage QB’s you went up against.

Welcome to the BIGTIME!
Thanks for being humble. Great game! The tragedy is the call at the end. I know as Chief fans you have seen your share of bad calls so you can surely relate. As expected, Gannon sh1t the bed on D. The Hurts fumble and Sky return really hurt as well. Kudos to the O-Line I guess. If your getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds there is not much you can do as a D Line. Great year and congratulations! Go Birds!
[Reply]
Holladay 10:44 PM 02-12-2023
Nice to see you come back. Kudos.

There were bad calls on both sides. That holding call against the Eagles at the end....ticky tack. But there were a few against the Chiefs as well.

The Eagles dominated the first half, the Chiefs dominated the 2nd.

Hurts impressed me!
[Reply]
Rausch 10:45 PM 02-12-2023
They tried.

God bless 'em...
[Reply]
seamonster 10:47 PM 02-12-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
I've ALWAYS liked Hurts. He'll run the ball with a torn shoulder joint and throw a 30+ yard moon ball if needed . If Russel Wilson wasn't a bitch he'd be half as good as Jalen Hurts.
[Reply]
Munson 10:59 PM 02-12-2023

In the last four months for Philadelphia sports:

◽️ The Union lose to LAFC in MLS Cup final
◽️ The Phillies lose to Astros in World Series
◽️ The Eagles lose to Chiefs in #SuperBowl pic.twitter.com/dLALzEOF7H

— The Athletic (@TheAthletic) February 13, 2023

[Reply]
Fat Elvis 11:02 PM 02-12-2023
On paper, it seemed like it would be a really close game if you looked at the stats. It was tied in the final seconds before we kicked a game winning field goal. The Eagles played admirably, but the Chiefs were the better of the two best teams in football this year.
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:04 PM 02-12-2023

Welcome to the BIGTIME!
I would NOT call our Oline elite... even with Mahomes' pocket presence making them look a little better...
[Reply]
Molitoth 11:08 PM 02-12-2023
Originally Posted by Fat Elvis:
On paper, it seemed like it would be a really close game if you looked at the stats. It was tied in the final seconds before we kicked a game winning field goal. The Eagles played admirably, but the Chiefs were the better of the two best teams in football this year.
Teams figured out Mahomes throw-deep or cross-body tendencies and he had to adjust.

Teams will figure out the Hurts College-style Running-QB offense... and we will find out how good of an actual QB he is. He has to stay healthy on top of that. Same critique I have of Josh Allen.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:14 PM 02-12-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
I would NOT call our Oline elite... even with Mahomes' pocket presence making them look a little better...
Literally every metric has them as a Top 5 O-Line and they were the #1 pass blocking line in football this year per EPA.

They ARE elite, even if every individual isn’t.
[Reply]
PattyFlakes 11:15 PM 02-12-2023
Originally Posted by cmd227:
Thanks for being humble. Great game! The tragedy is the call at the end. I know as Chief fans you have seen your share of bad calls so you can surely relate. As expected, Gannon sh1t the bed on D. The Hurts fumble and Sky return really hurt as well. Kudos to the O-Line I guess. If your getting rid of the ball in 2 seconds there is not much you can do as a D Line. Great year and congratulations! Go Birds!
It was a hold, your DB even admitted it after the game.
[Reply]
Why Not? 11:15 PM 02-12-2023
Originally Posted by Molitoth:
They were dominant tonight. Best game by our O line this season.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 11:16 PM 02-12-2023
Originally Posted by cmd227:
Maybe Bradberry shouldn’t have held him? :-)

He even admitted as much after the game in post game interview.

But continue to cry about ‘the tragedy’ at the end of the game if it makes you feel better . . . . .
[Reply]
New World Order 11:17 PM 02-12-2023
Originally Posted by Rainbarrel:
They're a tough fucking team.

Their offense was really good.
[Reply]
Page 143 of 146
« First < 4393133139140141142143 144145146 >
Up