ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 46 of 287
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Media Center>*The NEW Movies Thread*
Bowser 11:09 AM 01-04-2014
Old one is crapping out the server, per the new guidelines.

Browse the old thread that is chock full of goodness here -

http://chiefsplanet.com/BB/showthread.php?t=172245
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:38 AM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by Fish:
That's why I asked. Like 50% on RT....

Seemed like an odd target demographic they're reaching for with this film. Dark and slightly scary for the normal little Disney tikes.

My understanding the biggest complaint is they completely fucked up the story. Made the evil queen just misunderstood. Disney-fied one of the original Disney villains.
[Reply]
Setsuna 09:53 AM 06-10-2014
The ****? Really?
I wasn't even going to go see it but my friend invited me and I had nothing else to do so I did. I was surprised it was good.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:54 AM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by Guru:
This is for you....
your words are hurtful.
[Reply]
Setsuna 09:58 AM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by Fire Me Boy!:
My understanding the biggest complaint is they completely ****ed up the story. Made the evil queen just misunderstood. Disney-fied one of the original Disney villains.
They didn't mess it up. Just a different take.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:00 AM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
They didn't mess it up. Just a different take.

Tell that to the fans of her story. I've got a friend who's a huge fan of the character, and he was furious about the movie.
[Reply]
Setsuna 10:03 AM 06-10-2014
Tell that to the fans of her story. I've got a friend who's a huge fan of the character, and he was furious about the movie.
Well there will be angered fans but there will be new fans to make up for it. If you are like him you may not like it, but it is well done. Well told, well paced, and looks amazing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:04 AM 06-10-2014
Watched "I, Frankenstein" last night. Holy fuck was the acting atrocious but it was a decent rent for $1.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:04 AM 06-10-2014
I've never seen There's Something About Mary.

Tonight that ends.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:07 AM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by lcarus:
I couldn't get into the first Thor at all. Or Captain America. Or The Avengers. Iron Man is pretty much the only Marvel movies I've really enjoyed. My comic book excitement pretty much lies with Batman only.
Cap and Iron Man can carry movies. Especially Cap since he's such a fish out of water/time. I just feel like there isn't much to Thor besides swinging his big hammer. He's best as a foil to Loki.

I will say that visually, the Thor movies are fucking spectacular. They're fun to look at.
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 10:11 AM 06-10-2014
Originally Posted by Setsuna:
Well there will be angered fans but there will be new fans to make up for it. If you are like him you may not like it, but it is well done. Well told, well paced, and looks amazing.

Critical response says otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a dog in this fight, I simply urged caution since it's received "mixed reviews" at best. I was telling what I've heard about it. And before anyone says "but it's got 75 percent from audiences on Rotten Tomatoes," keep in mind that actually good movies generally get good reviews from critics and audiences alike. Audiences that go to Maleficent are predisposed to liking it.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:12 AM 06-10-2014
Watched "End of Watch" the other night. I really enjoyed it, though I'm not sure what I thought about the weird narrative convention of having a lot of it shot through handheld cameras by actors. It didn't really make any sense the way they did it. Still the story was pretty decent and characters compelling.

Star Trek: Into Darkness was a lot of fun as well.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:14 AM 06-10-2014
Critical response says otherwise. Don't get me wrong, I don't have a dog in this fight, I simply urged caution since it's received "mixed reviews" at best. I was telling what I've heard about it. And before anyone says "but it's got 75 percent from audiences on Rotten Tomatoes," keep in mind that actually good movies generally get good reviews from critics and audiences alike. Audiences that go to Maleficent are predisposed to liking it.
I've seen quite a few positive reviews from my friends on Facebook (most of whom are parents of children), but most people aren't going to get on FB and talk about how they just paid to see a movie and it sucked.
[Reply]
NewChief 10:16 AM 06-10-2014
Oh. And I think I fell in love with Anna Kendrick a little bit when her and Gyllenhall's characters were dueting on "Hey Ma" while driving in the car. Freaking sneaky cute.
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:24 AM 06-10-2014
The fuck? Really?
Yeah, I don't know. I kind of got my hopes up for Snow White and the Huntsman. They sold it as giant epic battles and it wasn't. But all in all, it is unfortunate that Kristen Stewart's no-acting ass killed really good performances from Hemsworth and Theron. Point is, this looks like a knock off of that, and I was disappointed by Snow White.

I care not about the story, but if it's good I'd rent it. It's just hard for me to get wound up after Snow White. It's a tough niche. I was kind of "meh" after seeing Hansel and Gretel, but that's probably the best of this new type of movie (Stewart was THAT bad in Snow White).

Interestingly, I read an article awhile back that this may be Jolie's last hurrah as a headliner. She's really losing her appeal and may not be able to carry a movie anymore. IIRC, the last thing she did well in was Mr. and Mrs. Smith, and the last thing she headlined at all was either Salt or Wanted, I can't remember, but either one did well. The article postulated that she may be washed up.
[Reply]
Fish 10:27 AM 06-10-2014
I think Anna Kendrick might be the hottest woman in the world right now...
[Reply]
Page 46 of 287
« First < 364243444546 474849505696146 > Last »
Up