ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 145 of 256
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155195245 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:59 PM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Thank you! Idk what it was either but I didn't like the way it felt/looked literally from the very beginning. Now that I've finished the main storyline, I realize there were deeper issues than just the look and feel as well.. but, yeah. I got like halfway through and just stopped playing for a while. I forced myself to pick it back up and just grind to the finish line. It was far from enjoyable.
That was my first entry into the AC games and I dropped it after about 3-4 hours. It just never clicked for me and I didn't see myself being forced to play it.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:01 PM 02-14-2022
I'm kind of sad that so many people feel the same. Damn shame, too, 'cause vikings are pretty fucking awesome.

I'm not sure where they'll go with the next installment, but they need a rebound in a major way.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:10 PM 02-14-2022
3-4 hours definitely isn't enough time if I had to guess. Like I said, I spent almost 8 doing the Odyssey prologue and it's not all main story so it's not really "gripping" until you see the plot line start to unfold after you leave the first area.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:14 PM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
3-4 hours definitely isn't enough time if I had to guess. Like I said, I spent almost 8 doing the Odyssey prologue and it's not all main story so it's not really "gripping" until you see the plot line start to unfold after you leave the first area.
You play games a little differently than most lol

3-4 hours should get you roughly 10% of the way through (most) main storylines if you're not distracted by side quests.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:23 PM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
You play games a little differently than most lol

3-4 hours should get you roughly 10% of the way through (most) main storylines if you're not distracted by side quests.
I also play on the highest difficulty level available for most games. In an open world, especially one with level scaling, rushing through the main story is a good way to become frustrated and rage quit...
[Reply]
Frazod 02:31 PM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I also play on the highest difficulty level available for most games. In an open world, especially one with level scaling, rushing through the main story is a good way to become frustrated and rage quit...
I just don't have the patience for that anymore. Perhaps not reaction time/motor skills, either. I'm currently doing another run through Horizon Zero Dawn, and I can't imagine what a pain in the ass it must be at anything beyond normal. Even on normal it can be vicious. Getting dogpiled by three or four different types of creatures, all of which have different attacks and vulnerabilities.... fuck. When a game gets to be so difficult/complex that playing it feels like work, I lose interest quickly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
I just don't have the patience for that anymore. Perhaps not reaction time/motor skills, either. I'm currently doing another run through Horizon Zero Dawn, and I can't imagine what a pain in the ass it must be at anything beyond normal. Even on normal it can be vicious. Getting dogpiled by three or four different types of creatures, all of which have different attacks and vulnerabilities.... fuck. When a game gets to be so difficult/complex that playing it feels like work, I lose interest quickly.
It depends on the game. Most open world RPG's nowadays offer stealth elements and with a bit of careful planning (which takes even more time FWIW), you can get through a lot of content without ever needing good "skillz".

Trust me, I'm a 50-year old burnout. I can't play most FPS games because I'm at such a disadvantage.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:02 PM 02-14-2022
I just don't have the time like I used to...and honestly the patience either. If I'm not into a game right away then I end up dropping it.

I have Witcher 3 that I still need to push through but the combat system to me is fucking clunky as shit.
[Reply]
Frazod 03:13 PM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
I just don't have the time like I used to...and honestly the patience either. If I'm not into a game right away then I end up dropping it.

I have Witcher 3 that I still need to push through but the combat system to me is fucking clunky as shit.
Witcher 3 is another one that I'd never play above normal. Normal's enough.

And don't even get me started on Kingdom Come Deliverance. That's the most difficult game I've ever played, and I think you'd pretty much have to be a fucking cyborg to play it on hard.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:17 PM 02-14-2022
I get the impression playing AC Odyssey that you could get through most of the content without really using too many abilities or upgrading weapons. Even on the hardest difficulty, I find myself letting armor and weapons get several levels behind and it doesn't really make things insurmountable. However, if I want to actually get through the frustrating parts, I find myself making sure I optimize everything.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:20 PM 02-14-2022
I conquered a fort in the 3rd area last night where there were probably 20 guards and 3 captains. I stealthed everyone except the last couple of guards. It took me about an hour. :-)
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:23 PM 02-14-2022
Witcher 3 is another one that I'd never play above normal. Normal's enough.

And don't even get me started on Kingdom Come Deliverance. That's the most difficult game I've ever played, and I think you'd pretty much have to be a fucking cyborg to play it on hard.
Oh I don't play games on anything above normal. I don't have shit to prove to anyone at this point. I'm playing to enjoy myself.

It's also why I can't do Dark Souls and quit trying with Bloodborne.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:36 PM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Oh I don't play games on anything above normal. I don't have shit to prove to anyone at this point. I'm playing to enjoy myself.

It's also why I can't do Dark Souls and quit trying with Bloodborne.
Interestingly enough, I play on harder difficulties to make me be patient and thoughtful about my progress. It's not so much about the difficulty as it is about forcing myself to slow down and take in a game more completely.

That being said, I have never been able to get into From Software titles. I remember quitting Dark Souls 3 because I couldn't beat the tutorial boss.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 03:45 PM 02-14-2022
I just don't have the patience for that anymore. Perhaps not reaction time/motor skills, either. I'm currently doing another run through Horizon Zero Dawn, and I can't imagine what a pain in the ass it must be at anything beyond normal. Even on normal it can be vicious. Getting dogpiled by three or four different types of creatures, all of which have different attacks and vulnerabilities.... ****. When a game gets to be so difficult/complex that playing it feels like work, I lose interest quickly.
I agree with this, I've never been into achievements or pvp. I play for fun and I wanna feel a bit overpowered or it gets boring to me. Survival games are a little different but if they're too harsh then nah i'm out.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:47 PM 02-14-2022
Originally Posted by Imon Yourside:
I agree with this, I've never been into achievements or pvp. I play for fun and I wanna feel a bit overpowered or it gets boring to me. Survival games are a little different but if they're too harsh then nah i'm out.
See, I'm the opposite. I don't find being overpowered fun, if it gets too easy, it gets repetitive and disengaging pretty fast for me. I like to have to stop and think about things - perhaps it's my way of compensating for the fact that I don't have the quick twitch thumbs I used to in my younger years.
[Reply]
Page 145 of 256
« First < 4595135141142143144145 146147148149155195245 > Last »
Up