ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Media Center>Building a new PC
TambaBerry 06:12 PM 02-28-2023
Have a 3090 currently but am severely bottlenecked. Looking to get the best possible PC that I can build through microcenter in Kansas City. Looking for high end so like 13900k and ddr5 ram.
[Reply]
Fish 12:12 PM 11-21-2023
Is there a specific reason for choosing a mini ITX case and motherboard? They are annoyingly small and usually lack a lot of common features. You might have trouble finding a decent GPU that will fit inside it..
[Reply]
BigBeauford 12:25 PM 11-21-2023
Originally Posted by Fish:
Is there a specific reason for choosing a mini ITX case and motherboard? They are annoyingly small and usually lack a lot of common features. You might have trouble finding a decent GPU that will fit inside it..
I like the smaller form factor and we don't need to play games with the highest fidelity. Mostly indies in this house.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:31 PM 11-23-2023
Don’t know if anyone is interested but on Amazon right now they have a

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core, 24-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

For $290, list price is $570

Limited-time deal: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core, 24-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor https://a.co/d/2yNoRfP
[Reply]
jd1020 12:36 AM 11-24-2023
Originally Posted by Perineum Ripper:
Don’t know if anyone is interested but on Amazon right now they have a

AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core, 24-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor

For $290, list price is $570

Limited-time deal: AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 12-core, 24-Thread Unlocked Desktop Processor https://a.co/d/2yNoRfP
List price is basically useless. $290 isn't much of a deal. It's right around what it was selling for months ago.

https://camelcamelcamel.com/product/...context=search

These guys raise the price on shit to bring it back down for Black Friday and call it a sale.
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 07:31 AM 11-24-2023
Fair enough, had seen it whenever I got on Amazon to look for something, didn’t even think about looking to see if it was worth posting. Thanks for checking it since I was a dumbass
[Reply]
jd1020 11:25 AM 11-24-2023
Originally Posted by Perineum Ripper:
Fair enough, had seen it whenever I got on Amazon to look for something, didn’t even think about looking to see if it was worth posting. Thanks for checking it since I was a dumbass
5900x is just a dead CPU. If you are on AM4, the best upgrade is probably the 5700x or if you strictly want to grab the best gaming CPU for the platform its the 5800x3D.

I just picked up the 5800x3D at the $290 "Black Friday sale" price. Still $20 more than the lowest its ever been, but when it's the day of Black Friday and not even Microcenter is coming down then $290 seems about the best its going to get right now. Such is life.
[Reply]
srvy 10:08 PM 12-21-2023
I am thinking about building my son another gaming computer for part of his xmas and birthday coming up early Jan.

He has an old build by me with a intel 6700k and Geoforce GTX 1070. I bought him a 3060 Ti card but it bogged his system down.

So I was wondering if either of these bundles from Micro center would be a good start to get him upgraded.

This
https://www.microcenter.com/product/...r-build-bundle

Not sure about the motherboard or the ddr5 memory?

Or this
https://www.microcenter.com/product/...r-build-bundle

I built my daughter a gaming machine with and ryzen a couple years ago and its been pretty impressive I think but I am not a gamer.
My sons due and he is pretty anxious but I feel may be a better bundle coming after xmas?
[Reply]
srvy 10:10 PM 12-21-2023
He is old enough to learn to build and he wants to with my watchful eye. He said he needs to learn before I am dead lol.
[Reply]
Rausch 06:03 AM 12-22-2023
Originally Posted by srvy:
He is old enough to learn to build and he wants to with my watchful eye. He said he needs to learn before I am dead lol.
He's right.

Putting that desire into a young person is the hardest part...
[Reply]
BigBeauford 04:34 PM 12-30-2023
Anyone have experience with digital chill mart and buying windows keys? Looks like windows 11 keys are $25.
[Reply]
crayzkirk 05:21 PM 12-30-2023
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
Anyone have experience with digital chill mart and buying windows keys? Looks like windows 11 keys are $25.
I've never had a problem with those places selling OEM PRO license keys; these are typically from company installations where they use an enterprise key instead of the keys from the original equipment.

Most of the time, if you add a Microsoft Account to your Windows 10 license, you can upgrade the hardware and then transfer the key to the new machine. So you upgrade to hardware that supports Windows 11 from an older machine and just let the auto update do it's dirty work.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 10:22 PM 01-26-2024
My gaming PC started not showing as available via HDMI cord to both of my TV's. I tried 3 different HDMI cables, none of them have worked with the PC, but they do work with my bluray player. Any ideas?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:58 AM 01-28-2024
soooooo capture cards

i bought this shitty chinese rybozen capture device so i could record the output coming from the HDMI port on my video card

plugged it in and it shows up as fine as a third monitor in the control panel

OBS simply won't see the device though - am I missing some stupid setting? why would the HDMI output on my video card register differently than the HDMI output on say, a cable box?

I'm tempted to say it's just a POS but maybe I'm missing some stupid windows setting? the desktop is extended to the HDMI out
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 10:46 AM 01-29-2024
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:

I dont have experience with them but I have a ton of experience with Kinguin

https://www.kinguin.net/

windows 11 keys are $21.50 there right now

never had one single problem with kinguin, they're on my short list of recommended places to buy shit
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:18 PM 02-07-2024
Just purchased at 7900XTX to replace my 5700xt... Performance is laughable in a good way. But the fucking GPU is damn near 13 inches (Enough to make a man nervous)

Anyways ended up having to buy a new case. Went with the 5000D Corsairs case. And I'm super impressed with build qaulity.
[Reply]
Page 24 of 26
« First < 142021222324 2526 >
Up