Oct. 8: at Florida, time TBD

Oct. 15: Bye

Oct. 22: Vanderbilt, time TBD

Oct. 29: at South Carolina, time TBD

Nov. 5: Kentucky, time TBD

Nov. 12: at Tennessee, time TBD

Nov. 19: New Mexico State, time TBD

Nov. 25: Arkansas, 2:30 p.m.

I found the schedule, so I figured that now is as good of a time as any to start a new thread. Coach Drink has done well turning around the mess that Odom left behind. Solid recruiting has our best commit class in years coming in this year. The schedule isn't bad. A bowl game should be a given. I would like to see 9 -10 wins this year, with one of the wins coming against Arkansas. I really don't like losing to Odom.

Missouri head coach Eli Drinkwitz called it the best recruiting class ever for the Tigers.

Sure enough, Mizzou's current class is ranked No. 11 by ESPN, No. 14 by 247 Sports and No. 17 by Rivals, the highest in program history
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 01:22 PM 12-29-2022

News: Mizzou QB Brady Cook underwent surgery today on his throwing shoulder (right arm).

He'll miss spring practices.

Injury was suffered during Week 2 loss at Kansas State. More coming at @stltoday

— Dave Matter (@Dave_Matter) December 29, 2022

[Reply]
Jerm 01:45 PM 12-29-2022
Cook tears his LABRUM against K-State and Drink proceeds to play him for the remaining 90% of the season…I can’t even any more with this guy lol. Incompetence at the highest level…
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:54 PM 12-29-2022
I have a torn labrum. A lot of little tears so surgery wouldn't help much.

And if he has a labrum tear it can't be much of one. You have any kind of real damage in your labrum and you can't throw a ball 20 yards.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 02:28 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
….and yet the results still aren’t there so no it’s not a dumb statement.

3 years in, he’s a below .500 coach after yet another listless season and heading into another one. Oh and he’s completely botched the most important position on the field as well….now hopefully Horn can rectify that.

His first season was his best and it’s been downhill since, does that not concern anyone else lol?
They are a 2 win squad tops if the benefits of recruiting weren't clearly visible in other areas. Does nobody remember how much of a dumpster fire the Defense was a year ago? Yeah they certainly didn't go from like the 109th ranked Defense to top 20. No results to be seen!

My statement stands. Your statement was dumb as fuck.
[Reply]
Pepe Silvia 02:31 PM 12-29-2022
Crosseyes REALLY didn’t want us to get a look at Horn this year.
[Reply]
Jerm 02:48 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by BryanBusby:
They are a 2 win squad tops if the benefits of recruiting weren't clearly visible in other areas. Does nobody remember how much of a dumpster fire the Defense was a year ago? Yeah they certainly didn't go from like the 109th ranked Defense to top 20. No results to be seen!

My statement stands. Your statement was dumb as fuck.
Ok sure….what ever makes you feel better about the complete goof running the program.

I’ll be right in the end so it’s all good…
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 02:57 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by Pepe Silvia:
Crosseyes REALLY didn’t want us to get a look at Horn this year.
Maybe an 18-year-old two-sport athlete who didn't start practicing with the team until Fall Camp started in August simply wasn't ready, despite his recruiting ranking?

That's far more likely than a coach at this level not playing a superior player because ... reasons.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 05:50 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by Jerm:
Ok sure….what ever makes you feel better about the complete goof running the program.

I’ll be right in the end so it’s all good…
No, you'd still be wrong and your asshole is clearly chapped about it.

My statement was never an indication on how good of a coach Eli is.

Your statement that his recruiting has brought zero results is statistically wrong.

In other news, I think I totally missed them signing a 4 star QB.
https://247sports.com/college/footba...owl-201451770/
[Reply]
'Hamas' Jenkins 10:40 PM 12-29-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I You have any kind of real damage in your labrum and you can't throw a ball 20 yards.
Well, that part of the injury checks out
[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:37 AM 12-30-2022

We’ll get more details today, but Bucs quarterback Blaine Gabbert was one of the first to respond on his jet ski Thursday evening when a helicopter went into the water off Davis Islands. All four aboard survived, with Gabbert’s help. https://t.co/DkWVPe9XNc

— Greg Auman (@gregauman) December 30, 2022

[Reply]
KurtCobain 08:53 AM 12-30-2022
Damn, at least somebody got some positive use out of that guy. I guess he did have potential, after all.
[Reply]
blake5676 08:59 AM 12-30-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Maybe an 18-year-old two-sport athlete who didn't start practicing with the team until Fall Camp started in August simply wasn't ready, despite his recruiting ranking?

That's far more likely than a coach at this level not playing a superior player because ... reasons.
You think there's any chance that in addition to the above, Drink didn't want to put an 18 year old out there behind a putrid offensive line and just ruin his confidence from the get go? That would make a little sense in my head as well.

I'm really just praying it's something other than incompetence and an unexplainable affinity for the suck that is Cook.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 09:07 AM 12-30-2022
Originally Posted by blake5676:
You think there's any chance that in addition to the above, Drink didn't want to put an 18 year old out there behind a putrid offensive line and just ruin his confidence from the get go? That would make a little sense in my head as well.

I'm really just praying it's something other than incompetence and an unexplainable affinity for the suck that is Cook.
Yes, I think that's likely some of it.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 12:06 PM 01-04-2023

Source: Missouri is finalizing a deal to make Fresno State OC Kirby Moore the school's next offensive coordinator and quarterback coach. He was the OC/QB coach and play caller for Fresno State's Mountain West champion this year.

— Pete Thamel (@PeteThamel) January 4, 2023

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:22 PM 01-04-2023
I like that a lot.

Fresh set of eyes, takes some burdens off Drink.

Smart decision.
[Reply]
Page 104 of 109
« First < 45494100101102103104 105106107108 > Last »
Up