ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 51 of 53
« First < 414748495051 5253 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****All Things Weather 2021*****
displacedinMN 06:52 PM 01-31-2021
Talk about, report, and complain about weather here. It does not matter where you live. Talk about what you got. Snow, wind, hail, storms, virga, meatballs. Give information about what city is close to you. Pics are great too.

This map can be used by anyone and moved to your area. It is customizable for you and gives a lot of information.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/
Windy radar map https://www.windy.com/
Live lightning map https://map.blitzortung.org/#1/52/8
[Reply]
ptlyon 01:11 PM 12-31-2021
Looks like just a few inches

https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...Type=graphical
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:31 AM 01-01-2022
If you follow weather and have any year end comments or data. Put them here.
I will ask mods to close this thread soon.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:37 AM 01-01-2022
My year end data at school
Attached: 2021.jpg (94.2 KB) 
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:20 AM 01-01-2022
Very cool displaced!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:24 AM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Very cool displaced!
I look at the "feels like" temps

110 heat index
-39 wind chill

that is a 150 degree difference

Even in December just normal temps

High 58.1 Low -06.8

There are very few places in the US that get that kind of differences.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:27 AM 01-01-2022
You'll probably break the coldest night on the first day from last year!
[Reply]
mlyonsd 11:03 AM 01-01-2022
I had 20.46 in of rain at my place in 2021. The average precip for around here is 28.5. If I figure in the snow we had using a 10:1 ratio I'd put my total precip at ~22 inches. Which is about 23% below normal.
[Reply]
notorious 11:08 AM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
If you follow weather and have any year end comments or data. Put them here.
I will ask mods to close this thread soon.
February: Fuck you

Spring and Summer: Pleasantly mild

Fall and Winter: Great Temps, Dry as hell. 90 mph sand storm for 6-7 hours.

January: -20 windchill, 45mph wind, and it's only the first fucking day

Sorry my data points are not specific.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:11 AM 01-01-2022
32 and dropping fast with sleet here in western Illinois... guess I can't complain, its been unusually warm up until now
[Reply]
notorious 11:14 AM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
32 and dropping fast with sleet here in western Illinois... guess I can't complain, its been unusually warm up until now
Outside of the sandstorm day this has been the best weather through Nov-December I've ever experienced.

65 degree days in late December? Dude, I dig it. This great weather has basically shortened Winter to 2 1/2-3 months.

Well, that is until Mother Nature goes on the rag and we get freezing temps until May.
[Reply]
Easy 6 11:23 AM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
Well, that is until Mother Nature goes on the rag and we get freezing temps until May.
Yep its been trending that way here close to a decade now, cold and rainy waaay too far into spring
[Reply]
Kman34 11:24 AM 01-01-2022
Well they completely missed the forecast here in KCMO…I know the low pressure is hard to track but JFC you would have thought that one model would get it right…
[Reply]
BWillie 11:29 AM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Well they completely missed the forecast here in KCMO…I know the low pressure is hard to track but JFC you would have thought that one model would get it right…
What did they get wrong
[Reply]
neech 11:58 AM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by Kman34:
Seems like a weak snow storm to me, maybe a quarter inch of snow with a little sleet mixed in currently.
[Reply]
Frazod 05:24 PM 01-01-2022
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Got our first snow of the season a couple of days ago. Didn't amount to much, but it was just wet and heavy enough to cover the dish. Normally I don't need to go on the ladder and broom detail until mid-January.

We're supposed to get hit hard on Saturday - up to eight inches, starting in the afternoon. And as luck would have it, I have to go to my dickhead brother-in-law's wedding in Chicago on Saturday, which is also, of course, New Years Day. There really should be a special place in hell for people who get married on or near national holidays, especially during winter. I can't even begin to express how fucking thrilled I am about the prospect of driving 35 miles home in a fucking blizzard because that fucking asshole can't be a normal person and get married in fucking June like everybody else.

:-)

Hopefully the weather people are wrong, and it won't be a big deal, or, more preferably, be a huge deal and hit early enough that I can use it as an excuse not to go. I hate weddings anyway. And I pretty much hate my idiot brother-in-law no matter when he's getting married.
Well, we survived the trip to Chicago. Left immediately after the ceremony. Roads were getting shitty but there was next to no traffic, so it wasn't that bad. Passed up on the free post-wedding Italian dinner, but it was certainly prudent to leave when we did.

Between covid paranoia and the weather, there were only about 15 people there total. Definitely the smallest wedding I've ever attended. Almost seemed comical to have that few people in a big downtown cathedral.

Anyway, thank God it's over and we got home safe. And I probably won't have to endure my idiot BIL again until Easter. :-)
[Reply]
Page 51 of 53
« First < 414748495051 5253 >
Up