ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 50 of 53
« First < 404647484950 515253 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****All Things Weather 2021*****
displacedinMN 06:52 PM 01-31-2021
Talk about, report, and complain about weather here. It does not matter where you live. Talk about what you got. Snow, wind, hail, storms, virga, meatballs. Give information about what city is close to you. Pics are great too.

This map can be used by anyone and moved to your area. It is customizable for you and gives a lot of information.

Live storm chasers videos https://www.severestudios.com/livechase/
Windy radar map https://www.windy.com/
Live lightning map https://map.blitzortung.org/#1/52/8
[Reply]
displacedinMN 08:35 AM 12-30-2021
I will start a new thread Jan 1
[Reply]
Bearcat 08:44 AM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by displacedinMN:
Winter classic hockey at Twins stadium on NYD.
And at 5pm... guess they we're taking any chances with global warming this year. :-)
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:05 AM 12-30-2021
Have fun with that. I just get the cold. High on NYD? -2. yes. -2
We are 13. It’s going to feel like the depths of hell after the goddamned 50s and 60s we’ve been having.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 10:55 AM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
We are 13. It’s going to feel like the depths of hell after the goddamned 50s and 60s we’ve been having.
There is a reason why the lowest two layers of Dante's Inferno are cold.
[Reply]
Bwana 11:22 AM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:

We have been really cold over the last week, but today we hit 24, which is going to feel like summer. The only problem is, the wind is also going to pick up, so the wind chill will still be below zero.

We had a nice warm start to the winter, but Mother Nature is making us pay now.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:25 AM 12-30-2021
Got our first snow of the season a couple of days ago. Didn't amount to much, but it was just wet and heavy enough to cover the dish. Normally I don't need to go on the ladder and broom detail until mid-January.

We're supposed to get hit hard on Saturday - up to eight inches, starting in the afternoon. And as luck would have it, I have to go to my dickhead brother-in-law's wedding in Chicago on Saturday, which is also, of course, New Years Day. There really should be a special place in hell for people who get married on or near national holidays, especially during winter. I can't even begin to express how fucking thrilled I am about the prospect of driving 35 miles home in a fucking blizzard because that fucking asshole can't be a normal person and get married in fucking June like everybody else.

:-)

Hopefully the weather people are wrong, and it won't be a big deal, or, more preferably, be a huge deal and hit early enough that I can use it as an excuse not to go. I hate weddings anyway. And I pretty much hate my idiot brother-in-law no matter when he's getting married.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 11:28 AM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Got our first snow of the season a couple of days ago. Didn't amount to much, but it was just wet and heavy enough to cover the dish. Normally I don't need to go on the ladder and broom detail until mid-January.

We're supposed to get hit hard on Saturday - up to eight inches, starting in the afternoon. And as luck would have it, I have to go to my dickhead brother-in-law's wedding in Chicago on Saturday, which is also, of course, New Years Day. There really should be a special place in hell for people who get married on or near national holidays, especially during winter. I can't even begin to express how fucking thrilled I am about the prospect of driving 35 miles home in a fucking blizzard because that fucking asshole can't be a normal person and get married in fucking June like everybody else.

Hopefully the weather people are wrong, and it won't be a big deal, or, more preferably, be a huge deal and hit early enough that I can use it as an excuse not to go. I hate weddings anyway. And I pretty much hate my idiot brother-in-law no matter when he's getting married.
Oof. Chicago in a blizzard = no bueno. Be careful, man
[Reply]
displacedinMN 11:29 AM 12-30-2021
No one should get married on NYE or NYD. No one.
[Reply]
Frazod 11:41 AM 12-30-2021
One of my wife's best friends got married three days before Christmas once, and she was the maid of honor. Another fucking asshole. So in addition to the normal hemorrhaging of cash that comes with the holidays, throw in paying for the wife's dress, hair/nail appointment, plus driving all over hell and creation to accommodate that bitch in shitty winter weather. God I was pissed.

We really aren't friends with them anymore, and that's the main reason why.
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:20 PM 12-30-2021
Originally Posted by Frazod:
One of my wife's best friends got married three days before Christmas once, and she was the maid of honor. Another fucking asshole. So in addition to the normal hemorrhaging of cash that comes with the holidays, throw in paying for the wife's dress, hair/nail appointment, plus driving all over hell and creation to accommodate that bitch in shitty winter weather. God I was pissed.

We really aren't friends with them anymore, and that's the main reason why.
I will allow your reasons.
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:38 PM 12-31-2021
Am I seeing it right that Omaha is getting freezing drizzle now?
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:48 PM 12-31-2021
Originally Posted by ptlyon:
Am I seeing it right that Omaha is getting freezing drizzle now?
not seeing anything now, I am looking around for reports

edit NWS: Light Freezing Drizzle Fog/Mist
[Reply]
ptlyon 12:50 PM 12-31-2021
https://forecast.weather.gov/MapClic...7&lon=-95.9403

Yep
[Reply]
Buehler445 12:56 PM 12-31-2021
I had a buddy do it. Got married in BFE SE KS. Ice storm. I was like really dude? He tells me, “fuck off. I wanted the extra deduction on this years taxes.”

I handed off the mantle of the cheapest fuck ever.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:07 PM 12-31-2021
How much snow is west Shawnee and Lawrence getting? Whats the bottom line?
[Reply]
Page 50 of 53
« First < 404647484950 515253 >
Up