ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Not smoking pot
rabblerouser 06:20 PM 07-31-2018
So, for the first time in my adult life, for several reasons, I am abstaining from ingesting anything with THC.

DAY 3 :

Jittery, anxious. No coffee this morning. Stomach is..."tight."

Yogurt for breakfast.

The day seemed to drag on and on, in a painful way.

I have some real anxiety issues, and my self-control is being tested.

Anyone ever take a 'hiatus' or quit and have some...'side effects'?

I could take a benzo or a painkiller, but I'm really not a fan of either...

Trying to be normal.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 07:29 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
So what is your favourite strain
Glad you liked that. The harvest is great but the laborers are few.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 07:37 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by eDave:
I was in Oceanside a few months ago and made my first legal purchase. It looked like they just pop up then move to avoid feds. Is that true? Seemed very secretive to me.

And the weed was meh.
The places I've been to around Hollywood and Studio City have been in business for years, first as Medical then switching to Recreational. They've all accepted credit cards. The employees and facilities were very nice.

Since recreational was passed, all of these same stores upgraded big time and some have been bought out and converted to chains (Sweet Flower is a biggie). They're like Apple Stores now, with young attractive women walking around with iPads showing people product behind glass cases. I see Mercedes, BMW's, Range Rovers, Maserati's and even Rolls in parking lots and the age ranges have mostly been between 30 and 80. Yeah, that's right, 80. I see finely dressed older women in their 60's and 70's all the time.

My buddy that lives in North County has described places similar to what you've talking about. Cash Only, janky and skeevy. It sounds more like they're laundering money rather than actually selling great product.
[Reply]
eDave 07:46 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
The places I've been to around Hollywood and Studio City have been in business for years, first as Medical then switching to Recreational. They've all accepted credit cards. The employees and facilities were very nice.

Since recreational was passed, all of these same stores upgraded big time and some have been bought out and converted to chains (Sweet Flower is a biggie). They're like Apple Stores now, with young attractive women walking around with iPads showing people product behind glass cases. I see Mercedes, BMW's, Range Rovers, Maserati's and even Rolls in parking lots and the age ranges have mostly been between 30 and 80. Yeah, that's right, 80. I see finely dressed older women in their 60's and 70's all the time.

My buddy that lives in North County has described places similar to what you've talking about. Cash Only, janky and skeevy. It sounds more like they're laundering money rather than actually selling great product.
Yea, Same class of peeps around dispensaries here too. Being a clean cut, older dude, I get great customer service. It's nice. Ran into an old boss once. A real WTF moment.
[Reply]
patteeu 08:33 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by ThyKingdomCome15:
God is proud man. Getting high is a sin against ones ability to reason. Our greatest purpose in life is to know God. You cant nurture your relationship with God and be stoned. In life there are many choices. In eternity there are only two.
Will smoking weed keep a person out of heaven? How about beer and spirits? And those 5 hour energy shots they sell in gas stations?
[Reply]
eDave 08:35 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Will smoking weed keep a person out of heaven? How about beer and spirits? And those 5 hour energy shots they sell in gas stations?
Smoking weed puts me that much closer to heaven. I remember this one time, outside of Kelly's, that I touched the hand of God.

I'm not shitting.

Lois explains it best

[Reply]
eDave 09:00 PM 03-17-2020
Originally Posted by Monticore:
Pot is probably not as harmful as cigarettes or alcohol, but it can still affect brain development, I have no problems with it being legal but age should be pushed to around 25.and.we seem to be seeing more cases of Cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome since it has been legalized up here.
Agree to the bolded portion of your post.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 03:40 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Thanks for the questions my friend.

Smoking weed to get high is mortal sin, yes. (But always remember God extends his mercy before his justice. But part of repentance is not committing the sin anymore. I'm Catholic so there are many articles that would be helpful with a search.)

Beer! General rule of thumb is to not drink past the buzz.

5 hour energy is fine because it doesn't detour ones ability to clearly reason. (Though I hear they are not healthy.)
[Reply]
POND_OF_RED 04:29 PM 03-18-2020

Smoking weed to get high is mortal sin, yes. (But always remember God extends his mercy before his justice. But part of repentance is not committing the sin anymore. I'm Catholic so there are many articles that would be helpful with a search.)

5 hour energy is fine because it doesn't detour ones ability to clearly reason. (Though I hear they are not healthy.)
As someone who has obviously never smoked weed we’re very happy to have your input. If there’s no weed growing in heaven then why even call it that? We’ve got much better drugs down here from the sound of it!
[Reply]
candyman 05:05 PM 03-18-2020
God is proud man. Getting high is a sin against ones ability to reason. Our greatest purpose in life is to know God. You cant nurture your relationship with God and be stoned. In life there are many choices. In eternity there are only two.
So why did he create it? Dumbass.
[Reply]
R Clark 05:14 PM 03-18-2020
Originally Posted by candyman:
So why did he create it? Dumbass.
Good question can’t wait to hear the answer
[Reply]
patteeu 05:15 PM 03-18-2020

Thanks, man. I would only smoke pot for medicinal reasons more or less, but I’ve got a big 5 hour energy monkey on my back. I’m getting sleepy now. I better pop another one!
[Reply]
dmahurin 05:33 PM 03-18-2020

Genesis 1:29

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 12:37 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by dmahurin:
Genesis 1:29

And God said, “Behold, I have given you every plant yielding seed that is on the face of all the earth, and every tree with seed in its fruit. You shall have them for food.
I'm sorry brother but if you think this passage is a license to get stoned then you are mistaking. To use any of God's gifts in excess is wrong. If it were acceptable indulge in God's gifts to any degree we wanted, then gluttony would not be a sin.

Truth is I believe people get stoned for the same reason I pray the Rosary. Anxiety, emptiness, longing for fulfillment and happiness. I only mesh with you guys so well because I am one of you. I use to self medicate with alchohol and miss church. I credit praying the Rosary to the liberation of my vices. I'd still be that same person had it not been for divine assistance, for which I will always be grateful.

I believe in all of you guys. You are going through nothing that isnt common to man. God would never put a cross before you that you are unable to bear. Ultimately there is divine purpose to all your struggles. God has a plan. Every struggle is an opportunity to know God in new divine way. Even the hairs on your head are numbered. You are beloved.
[Reply]
Mephistopheles Janx 12:44 AM 03-19-2020
I'm sorry brother but if you think this passage is a license to get stoned then you are mistaking. To use any of God's gifts in excess is wrong. If it were acceptable indulge in God's gifts to any degree we wanted, then gluttony would not be a sin.

Truth is I believe people get stoned for the same reason I pray the Rosary. Anxiety, emptiness, longing for fulfillment and happiness. I only mesh with you guys so well because I am one of you. I use to self medicate with alchohol and miss church. I credit praying the Rosary to the liberation of my vices. I'd still be that same person had it not been for divine assistance, for which I will always be grateful.

I believe in all of you guys. You are going through nothing that isnt common to man. God would never put a cross before you that you are unable to bear. Ultimately there is divine purpose to all your struggles. God has a plan. Every struggle is an opportunity to know God in new divine way. Even the hairs on your head are numbered. You are beloved.
So God created a plant that makes people feel good... but it is wrong to use it?

Obviously everything in moderation but to say that people can't get "stoned" on a plant that was created by Him, and does so without absolutely nothing else done to it, seems... strange.
[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 02:51 AM 03-19-2020
Originally Posted by Mephistopheles Janx:
So God created a plant that makes people feel good... but it is wrong to use it?

Obviously everything in moderation but to say that people can't get "stoned" on a plant that was created by Him, and does so without absolutely nothing else done to it, seems... strange.
Begs the question. How does getting stoned affect ones relationship with God? Isnt it far too easy to light up and in exist in some superficial form of happiness? After some time your love will lean towards the creation rather than the creator.

This will go on until one's love for weed is greater than one's love for God. What's left of the conscience will become more and more screwed. In time weed becomes a person's God. Then they justify their use of weed with God. (Even the devil tempted Jesus with scripture during the 40 days in the wilderness.)

Thus a choice is presented. Who do you love? Weed or God. To choose God is to carry the cross of giving up weed. Only those who carry their cross after Jesus will enter through the narrow gate my brother.

In the end God gives people what they want. If they choose Him, they shall have Him for all of eternity. If they choose the broad path, they shall have its end for all of eternity.

There are two kinds of people in the world. Those who say to God "Thy will be done." Then there are those who God says "thy will be done." In the beginning we make our own decisions. In the end our decisions make us. Overcoming these vices will merit great graces in heaven. You all can do it but not by yourself. We are hardwired for Him even if we don't recognize it right away.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 17
« First < 289101112 13141516 > Last »
Up