ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 311 of 341
« First < 211261301307308309310311 312313314315321 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Off Season Lets Talk Guns, Part 2
HonestChieffan 11:58 AM 01-23-2011
Been a while since we had a guns n' ammo discussion.

Some of you are AR shooters Im sure. Im looking at a Colt 6920. Will be my first AR. Picked up a Glock this fall and really enjoy shooting it. Any feedback on that weapon?

Anyone else been in a buy/sell/trade mood with hardware?
[Reply]
notorious 06:20 AM 06-12-2022
Originally Posted by kozzman555:
The SASS is dope af. I believe our snipers used to roll with it. This AR10 isn't as heavy as I thought it'd be. It's about 11.5lbs fully loaded. I've carried heavier things, it's half the weight of a loaded SAW. We designed it as a jack of all trades type gun. We can reach out and touch something, use in CQB or urban environments.
It's not the KAC version, it's the version that lost the competition for that contract.

Which means the Armalite was a lot cheaper. :-)

Not to get sidetracked too much, but Palmetto or Eurooptic had the semi-auto SAWs on sale a month or two ago. Way too expensive for what you get, but still cool as hell.

(I think it was Palmetto since FN makes their CHF barrels.)
[Reply]
notorious 07:43 AM 06-12-2022
What kind of bipod is that, Kozz? I usually go cheap and get Harris, but that one looks nice.
[Reply]
kozzman555 12:41 PM 06-12-2022
Originally Posted by notorious:
What kind of bipod is that, Kozz? I usually go cheap and get Harris, but that one looks nice.
It's just a magpul bipod that swivels. I specifically wanted my bipod to be able to swivel for tracking side to side without having to reset my position. I was originally looking at the Magpul BOE bipod, but it doesn't swivel. I snagged it off Opticsplanet just because I was getting my scope rings from them. Here's a link https://www.opticsplanet.com/magpul-...pul-bipod.html

Some people don't like it, feel it has too much "wobble" in the legs, but I haven't seen that yet in jacking around with it in the house. I think if the legs are loaded a little before shooting, like i normally do, it's fine. However, we will see once I get doing outside at the range.
[Reply]
srvy 04:16 PM 06-17-2022
Has anyone found any good fathers day deals out there, PSA has a few decent on a Blemishes AR Pistol 10.5"and an AR-style .308cal.

https://palmettostatearmory.com/blem...sl-pistol.html

https://palmettostatearmory.com/psa-...age-rifle.html

Little inflated but PSA are pretty solid.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 04:18 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
PSA are excellent. Having FN barrels = super long lifespan. They are worth every penny.
[Reply]
Fish 08:22 PM 06-17-2022
Originally Posted by srvy:
Has anyone found any good fathers day deals out there, PSA has a few decent on a Blemishes AR Pistol 10.5"and an AR-style .308cal.

That 10.5" is cheap, but the parts are relatively cheap too. I bought a 10.5" that came with one of those plastic blades, and I was not happy with it at all. Ended up changing it out with an SBA3 immediately. If you ever wanted to shoot suppressed with that, you'd probably have to change out the gas block. It would be a fun cheap little shooter though. But you could find something very similar for around $600 just about anytime.

Now the .308, that's a decent deal. You should jump on that. It's built with some quality PSA parts. I've been wanting a .308 setup like this, and I'm kinda tempted to jump on that deal myself. That's a really good value if you're wanting an AR10.

EDIT: So, one thing I've learned in my experience with ARs. There are certain parts that you should never go cheap on if you want a good reliable accurate gun. The barrel. The bolt carrier group. The trigger. The optic. Mostly in that order.

That .308 excels in those areas and more. Very nice lightweight dimpled stainless barrel. Adjustable click detent 5 position gas block(adjustable gas block allows for customizing gas for suppressor or just general use). Nice Toolcraft BCG with different strength extractor springs. Two-stage nickel boron trigger with a 4.5lb pull. Magpul STR stock.

I've almost much talked myself into this... $917 shipped + $25 FFL fee.
[Reply]
notorious 09:02 PM 06-17-2022
F/N makes the CHF (cold hammer forged) barrels.

I don't think they make the nitrate barrels.
[Reply]
notorious 09:05 PM 06-17-2022
Short barrel .308?

Jesus, that thing will be a flame thrower. :-)
[Reply]
Fish 09:09 PM 06-17-2022
It's a 18" barrel. That's standard for .308.

The 10.5" barrel is 5.56.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 04:59 AM 06-18-2022
I wish I had an extra $900 laying around.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:02 AM 06-18-2022
If you need any 223, or 5.56 ammo, you might consider getting on it. Lake city may very well be going military sales only, which is going to be bad for the average guy.

"Winchester, which operates the US Army’s Lake City ammunition plant, has been informed that it may no longer sell M855 and SS109 ammunition produced in excess of the military’s needs on the civilian market. How would that affect the civilian supply of .223 and 5.56 ammunition? We understand that as much as 30% of the commercial market’s sales volume of .223/5.56 is produced by Lake City."
[Reply]
Bowser 08:24 AM 06-18-2022
Just grabbed a case of .556 (and 9mm) a couple of weeks ago before all the insanity happened. On one hand I'm glad I did it, but on the other hand I don't want to go to the range with it. I feel like hoarding it is a better call for right now.
[Reply]
Bwana 08:43 AM 06-18-2022
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Just grabbed a case of .556 (and 9mm) a couple of weeks ago before all the insanity happened. On one hand I'm glad I did it, but on the other hand I don't want to go to the range with it. I feel like hoarding it is a better call for right now.
Yeah everything is going up big time. The 20 rounds of .500 ammo I could get for $25 last year, is now $50. That Lake city cluster is going to raise prices as well. Anytime you take 30% of the total supply out to the market, there is only one direction prices are headed. I knew something like this was coming. Expect more moves like this for other ammo as well, in the future.
[Reply]
Fish 01:22 PM 06-28-2022
My best friend got heavily into 3D printing over the last few years. He kept asking me if I wanted any parts printed for any guns, and at first I was pretty skeptical. Today he gave this 3D printed insert for an SBA3 AR pistol brace. It fits great, and makes the brace a lot more solid. Has a nice grip to it. Cost about $3 to print.

(For storage and transportation use only of course
:-))
[Reply]
Otter 02:40 PM 06-28-2022
Originally Posted by Fish:
My best friend got heavily into 3D printing over the last few years. He kept asking me if I wanted any parts printed for any guns, and at first I was pretty skeptical. Today he gave this 3D printed insert for an SBA3 AR pistol brace. It fits great, and makes the brace a lot more solid. Has a nice grip to it. Cost about $3 to print.

(For storage and transportation use only of course
:-))
Is the puppy real? (alive)
[Reply]
Page 311 of 341
« First < 211261301307308309310311 312313314315321 > Last »
Up