ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 126 of 126
« First < 2676116122123124125126
Nzoner's Game Room>***Official 2023-2024 NBA Thread***
dirk digler 04:43 PM 10-24-2023
Can't believe the NBA Season is starting tonight. Way to early but here we go.

Lakers vs Nuggets: 6:30PM

Suns vs Warriors: 9PM

Both on TNT
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:17 AM Today
The best argument for the Wemby crowd would be games 4 and 5.

Wemby's more likely to be someone like Jokic that controls everything on the floor. And when he was at his best, game 5 happened and the Nuggest waxed Minnesota.

Game 4 was about as well as Edwards can play. He was efficient, he was active, he was smart with the ball. And they lost anyway. Now I think ultimately you put that on Towns shitting the bed and Conley just not doing quite enough while Gobert coasted through much of the game. But that's where the 'gets his teammates involved' stuff comes into play.

Cna Edwards be a guy that gets Gobert to engage or Conley more involved while stil getting his 40 points? He's not that guy yet - but maybe someday.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:36 AM Today
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Wemby's upside trumps both of those guys'.
Wemby has incredible upside for sure. I don't think it's an either/or. I think Ant has broken through as a guy with the cocky personality and explosive skill set that would also break through. But wemby will also be a star, no doubt
[Reply]
BWillie 09:40 AM Today
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
So, in the 90’s MJ was (obviously) the best active player in the league.

Then it went (and I’m sure these are debatable)

Shaq for 4-5 years
Kobe/Tim Duncan for a few years
LeBron for a long time
Pretty clearly it’s Jokic right now

Who do you guys think is next in line when Jokic declines (or maybe retires early)?

Ant? Wemby? SGA? Someone else?

I lean Wemby. Such a unique skill set. His ceiling is insane.
Its going to be Wemby, but it could be SGA for a couple years. His skillset, length, fluidity and shot is a cheat code. Its really not even fair. But my guess is ge gets hurt. Chet and Wemby need to go against traditional wisdom that they need to bulk up. They do not. Thats how you put too much stress on your knees, tendons and joints when you are a giant. Stay thin.
[Reply]
Tundra Scout 09:42 AM Today
Minnesota pro sports. Loserville USA
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:44 AM Today
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
The best argument for the Wemby crowd would be games 4 and 5.

Wemby's more likely to be someone like Jokic that controls everything on the floor. And when he was at his best, game 5 happened and the Nuggest waxed Minnesota.

Game 4 was about as well as Edwards can play. He was efficient, he was active, he was smart with the ball. And they lost anyway. Now I think ultimately you put that on Towns shitting the bed and Conley just not doing quite enough while Gobert coasted through much of the game. But that's where the 'gets his teammates involved' stuff comes into play.

Cna Edwards be a guy that gets Gobert to engage or Conley more involved while stil getting his 40 points? He's not that guy yet - but maybe someday.
I think we saw Edwards take over games in the playoffs and even despite superhuman efforts fell short to Denver. That to me is a teammate issue. It kind of feels like a UVA issue. You have this super defensive team but at some point you're gonna face a team that can explode despite your best defense. And the twolves just don't have firepower outside of Ant. Gobert is worthless on offense, Conley's steady but old, and McDaniels is basically gobert except he can hit a wide open jump shot.

I just see him as much different from a KD or Brandon Ingram who need to volume shoot. Ant seems more than willing to move the ball but he just doesn't trust his teammates... For good reason
[Reply]
BWillie 09:45 AM Today
Originally Posted by BuckeyeTheDog:
Jokic is ridiculously good at basketball.
Unfortunately. And team Europe about to put Alex Sarr, Nikola Topic,, Zaccharie Risacher, and Tidjane Salaun into the league. They are a plaque.

At least Wemby seems like he could be exciting. If Wemby gets paired with Topic thats a great young combination. Really high on Topic but rooting for Dillingham, Sheppard and Clingan.
[Reply]
chiefzilla1501 09:46 AM Today
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Its going to be Wemby, but it could be SGA for a couple years. His skillset, length, fluidity and shot is a cheat code. Its really not even fair. But my guess is ge gets hurt. Chet and Wemby need to go against traditional wisdom that they need to bulk up. They do not. Thats how you put too much stress on your knees, tendons and joints when you are a giant. Stay thin.
I know sga can shoot from the outside but i think the next step is for him to incorporate this more into his game.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:25 AM Today
T Wolves being the T Wolves. Poverty franchise. Fuck Denver....
[Reply]
Page 126 of 126
« First < 2676116122123124125126
Up