ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is it time for Mike Tomlin to step aside?
scho63 11:26 AM 01-20-2022
No doubt Mike Tomlin has been a great coach and got a lot from his teams over the years.

Now with Big Ben gone, a major rebuilding needed should he ride off into the sunset or look to go to a team that may be missing just a piece or two?

I think he could be a better fit now on other teams.

The Cowboys, Broncos and Raiders come to mind.

Am I being foolish?

Pittsburgh has so many holes it could be 3-4 years of subpar football.

What do you say?
[Reply]
jettio 01:26 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again - 3 HCs in the last 50 years.

What has given anyone the impression that they'd be interested in trading one?
I just mentioned the idea that Florio was batting around regarding head coach trade. i am not saying it applies. I agree with you that Steelers value the idea that coaches serve for a long time.
[Reply]
tatorhog 01:29 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Mike Florio has been suggesting that a head coach for draft picks trade is underutilized.
As a fan of the Chiefs during the years of 2006-2008, I would say that sending draft picks for a head coach is actually OVERutilized.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:33 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Raiderhader:
What are the Packers going to do to bring Aaron Rodgers back next year would be an equally relevant question here.
Apparently nothing. Aaron said he kissed an made up with Gutekust.

I have no idea to what degree or if that statement is accurate or if that means Aaron is for sure going to play out the rest of his contract in GB.

But as it is, they don't really have to do anything since he IS under contract this year. The only power Rodgers has over them is holding out if he's not traded to a team he finds acceptable, and even then, I doubt the Packers are going to instantly cave into those demands. They're probably going to keep trying to massage his frustrations awhile into the offseason. Is that smart? Probably not, but given what we've seen out of that franchise this entire time, it's probably what they're going to do.
[Reply]
scho63 01:36 PM 01-20-2022
No doubt the Steelers love stability but maybe it's a good time with Big Ben and the decline of team.

They really didn't deserve a playoff spot this year but they got in last minute.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:39 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Apparently nothing. Aaron said he kissed an made up with Gutekust.

I have no idea to what degree or if that statement is accurate or if that means Aaron is for sure going to play out the rest of his contract in GB.

But as it is, they don't really have to do anything since he IS under contract this year. The only power Rodgers has over them is holding out if he's not traded to a team he finds acceptable, and even then, I doubt the Packers are going to instantly cave into those demands. They're probably going to keep trying to massage his frustrations awhile into the offseason. Is that smart? Probably not, but given what we've seen out of that franchise this entire time, it's probably what they're going to do.
The issue is that it is Aaron Rodgers and one cannot predict what he will actually do, regardless of what he says. Maybe everything is smoothed over and all goes forward with out a hick up. Maybe all is smoothed over and something pushes one of his buttons one day and a hold out happens. I just wouldn't rely on his word is all.
[Reply]
scho63 01:41 PM 01-20-2022
If Rodgers wins the Superbowl or even makes it may be the deciding factor if he wants to stay or go.
[Reply]
scho63 01:48 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Is OP day drinking again?
Not yet but I'm thinking about starting right after I vacuum my house.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:56 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
If Rodgers wins the Superbowl or even makes it may be the deciding factor if he wants to stay or go.
I would certainly consider that appeasing factor.

If they should happen to lose to Frisco this week does he get all agitated again?
[Reply]
penguinz 02:07 PM 01-20-2022
Is OP day drinking again?
He has to be... He said the Steelers WR were getting old and that Tomlin would help Dak. The exact opposite of what reality is.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:31 PM 01-20-2022
Tomlin gets a lot of praise for never having a losing record… but that seems like a low bar for a storied franchise such as Pittsburgh who had a HOF-caliber QB and top level talent for most his coaching tenure with the Steelers.

Seems like more should be expected than simply finishing above 8-8.
[Reply]
TimBone 02:32 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by penguinz:
He has to be... He said the Steelers WR were getting old and that Tomlin would help Dak. The exact opposite of what reality is.
OP definitely having a bad day.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 02:41 PM 01-20-2022
Tomlin now been there as long as Cowher was. Tomlin with the better overall record.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:54 PM 01-20-2022
take it to steelmenarecumming.com
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:12 PM 01-20-2022
Marty resigned in KC.

Now his firing in San Diego was criminal after going 14-2.
Did he, though?

I was always of the belief that he was told he can resign or be fired. I believe the Chiefs made it clear that he would not be coaching the team the following season and had the decency to let him exit on his own terms due to his service to the franchise.
[Reply]
jettio 03:50 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by tatorhog:
As a fan of the Chiefs during the years of 2006-2008, I would say that sending draft picks for a head coach is actually OVERutilized.
Good memory! I had to look that up. 4th round pick that Jets used for Leon Washington, who had some good games for them.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 10
< 12345 6789 > Last »
Up