ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is it time for Mike Tomlin to step aside?
scho63 11:26 AM 01-20-2022
No doubt Mike Tomlin has been a great coach and got a lot from his teams over the years.

Now with Big Ben gone, a major rebuilding needed should he ride off into the sunset or look to go to a team that may be missing just a piece or two?

I think he could be a better fit now on other teams.

The Cowboys, Broncos and Raiders come to mind.

Am I being foolish?

Pittsburgh has so many holes it could be 3-4 years of subpar football.

What do you say?
[Reply]
scho63 12:16 PM 01-20-2022
Dallas need a RB and not too much more IMHO.

Dallas just isn't getting the most out of their players, especially Dak and Ezekiel.
[Reply]
DaFace 12:18 PM 01-20-2022
Nah. Let's see what he does with a new QB. It's hard to judge him when he's had a geriatric at the helm for the past few years.
[Reply]
tredadda 12:24 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
They have no running game, bad Oline, not a great secondary, no QB, aging and injured WR's.

TJ Watt can't carry the whole team.
And yet still finished with a winning record. Why would he leave an organization that has had 3 or 4 HCs since the 70s?
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 12:31 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
I'll say where the perfect job for Tomlin is - Kansas City. If Reid decided to retire, thats where I would be looking at.
I expect the John Harbaugh-Lamar marriage to end poorly.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:33 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
And yet still finished with a winning record. Why would he leave an organization that has had 3 or 4 HCs since the 70s?
Yep. The guy has never had a losing season. He's not going anywhere.
[Reply]
Spott 12:38 PM 01-20-2022
No, he needs to wallow around in mediocrity with crappy QB’s coming and going every couple of years.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:39 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by jettio:
Mike Florio has been suggesting that a head coach for draft picks trade is underutilized.

That seems the only way Tomlin could possibly leave if he was traded for draft picks and seems like he would have to agree and I think he would rather work for the Rooneys than Jerry Jones.
Again - 3 HCs in the last 50 years.

What has given anyone the impression that they'd be interested in trading one?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:40 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
Dallas need a RB and not too much more IMHO.

Dallas just isn't getting the most out of their players, especially Dak and Ezekiel.
Pollard can play. They don't need a RB - they just need to give the ball to their good one.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 12:43 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Nah. Let's see what he does with a new QB. It's hard to judge him when he's had a geriatric at the helm for the past few years.
But what about the 10 years prior to that when he had a HoF quarterback at the peak of his abilities and managed to coax a mere 1 AFC Championship out of him?

The guy's won 3 playoff games in the last 11 seasons - that's the sort of track record that got Marty fired. And he did it with obscene talent at times.

I mean - I'm not sure Tomlin's actually a good coach either. I think he's probably an average but flawed one. The problem is that even those aren't easy to find.
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 12:44 PM 01-20-2022
I really don't understand why people keep putting Tomlin on the hot seat. It has to be comical to him at this point. Get a QB with a pulse, beef up that ol and get better in the secondary, and their back to being a thorn in our ass. And they can do all that in one offseason
[Reply]
displacedinMN 12:44 PM 01-20-2022
As long as he does not step on the field and trip a player
[Reply]
staylor26 12:45 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Again - 3 HCs in the last 50 years.

What has given anyone the impression that they'd be interested in trading one?
Exactly, but while we’re on the subject, if in 5 years or so Andy retires, would you be willing to trade a pick for McVay or somebody like that?
[Reply]
CatfishBob2 12:45 PM 01-20-2022
But what about the 10 years prior to that when he had a HoF quarterback at the peak of his abilities and managed to coax a mere 1 AFC Championship out of him?

The guy's won 3 playoff games in the last 11 seasons - that's the sort of track record that got Marty fired. And he did it with obscene talent at times.

I mean - I'm not sure Tomlin's actually a good coach either. I think he's probably an average but flawed one. The problem is that even those aren't easy to find.
He definitely didn't have a Tom Brady in his division for 10 years lol
[Reply]
Simply Red 12:45 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Pittsburgh is a QB away from being competitive. I don’t think he’s going anywhere.
yip!
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:46 PM 01-20-2022

Any other team might be tempted. The Steelers, like you said previously, are notoriously patient with their coaches.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up