ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Is it time for Mike Tomlin to step aside?
scho63 11:26 AM 01-20-2022
No doubt Mike Tomlin has been a great coach and got a lot from his teams over the years.

Now with Big Ben gone, a major rebuilding needed should he ride off into the sunset or look to go to a team that may be missing just a piece or two?

I think he could be a better fit now on other teams.

The Cowboys, Broncos and Raiders come to mind.

Am I being foolish?

Pittsburgh has so many holes it could be 3-4 years of subpar football.

What do you say?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:27 AM 01-20-2022
Pittsburgh is a QB away from being competitive. I don’t think he’s going anywhere.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:28 AM 01-20-2022
I really don’t care.. Gay wrecked a vacuum. That’s all I’m concerned about now…
[Reply]
BWillie 11:28 AM 01-20-2022
Dude has coached like 15 years and has NEVER had a losing season. He now has ridded himself of the corpse that is Ben Roethlisberger. I think he's gonna be there for a while.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:29 AM 01-20-2022
Not a chance. This would be as dumb of a move as Philly getting rid of Reid.
[Reply]
scho63 11:30 AM 01-20-2022
They have no running game, bad Oline, not a great secondary, no QB, aging and injured WR's.

TJ Watt can't carry the whole team.
[Reply]
scho63 11:32 AM 01-20-2022
If the Cowboys were smart, they would fire McCarthy and put Tomlin there.

They would be scary with his defensive intensity and I think he would get much more from Dak.
[Reply]
Jenson71 11:32 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:
They have no running game, bad Oline, not a great secondary, no QB, aging and injured WR's.

They have a great rookie RB and whichever QB they get is likely going to be an improvement.

I wouldn't want him coaching the Raiders or Broncos.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:33 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by scho63:

Aging WRs? What the fuck are you talking about?

None of their WRs are over 25.
[Reply]
Mile High Mania 11:34 AM 01-20-2022
Let him rebuild... I'd be happy to see him in Denver, but I don't know why he would want to leave or why they would want him to leave.
[Reply]
BWillie 11:34 AM 01-20-2022
Their offensive scheme was really limited. That was disappointing to watch, but I think they are smarter to just know what they can and can't do with him. At the same time, he seemed to thrive in the hurry up offense. Probably would have been wise to utilize him in spots he's a little more comfortable.

Either way Tomlin is a great coach. He figured out how to co-exist with Antonio Brown for a long, long time better than anyone else could.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:35 AM 01-20-2022
Sometimes a change of scenery is need for both sides (thinking of Reid in Philly). But, that doesn't seem like the case for Tomlin in Pitt. Seems like if they just get qb who won't turn it over and can throw it accurately more than 10 yards down the field they'll be fine
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:38 AM 01-20-2022
Tomlin needs better coordinators.

I think he's an excellent motivator and seems fairly well organized. He appears to get the respect of his players and does most of those CEO responsibilities well.

I just don't think he's any kind of tactical mastermind, be it offense or defense. He's the kind of HC I think Dave Toub would amount to if he ever got a shot at it.

He needs to be surrounded by creative coordinators that can fill in some of his tactical deficiencies. And I believe Tomlin is now 1 season away from passing Cowher in games coached for them. It just doesn't seem like he's truly been around that long.

And y'know what? As much as I believe Tomlin has a clear ceiling, it's a LOT easier to find good coordinators than it is to find a coach that does the things well that Tomlin does.

So keep hunting for new coordinators and of course a new QB.

It's still completely crazy to me that the Steelers have had 3 head coaches in the last 50+ years.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:39 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Tomlin needs better coordinators.

I think he's an excellent motivator and seems fairly well organized. He appears to get the respect of his players and does most of those CEO responsibilities well.

I just don't think he's any kind of tactical mastermind, be it offense or defense. He's the kind of HC I think Dave Toub would amount to if he ever got a shot at it.

He needs to be surrounded by creative coordinators that can fill in some of his tactical deficiencies.

And y'know what? As much as I believe Tomlin has a clear ceiling, it's a LOT easier to find good coordinators than it is to find a coach that does the things well that Tomlin does.

So keep hunting for new coordinators and of course a new QB.
Canada is hot garbage.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:41 AM 01-20-2022
The time for Tomlin to step aside was when he was blocking the path of that kick returner a few years back.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 10
1 2345 > Last »
Up