ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 PFF Grades for Chiefs
Hammock Parties 08:26 PM 01-18-2022
Make sure to post about how terrible these are.

Originally Posted by :
Mahomes 79 (12th)

Originally Posted by :

Kelce 85 (4th)

Hill 85 (7th)

Hardman 69 (56th)

Pringle 67 (70th)

Helaire 64 (78th)

Originally Posted by :
OBJ 75 (31st)

Thuney 82 (8th)

Humphrey 93 (1st)

Smith 73 (16th)

Wylie 64 (59th)

Originally Posted by :
Jones 83 (6th)

Ingram 79 (16th)

Clark 57 (91st)

Reed 48 (100th)

Originally Posted by :

Bolton 69 (17th)

Gay 59 (32nd)

Niemann 49 (55th)

Hitchens 46 (65th)

Sorensen 46 (92nd)

Originally Posted by :

Hughes 77 (14th)

Thornhill 72 (22nd)

Ward 69 (32nd)

Mathieu 67 (40th)

Sneed 65 (50th)

[Reply]
stevegroganfan 03:27 PM 01-19-2022
PFF is mostly right/right on their grades of Mahomes/Kelce/Hill this year. This "grading" isn't "how good" a player is at a moment in time or meant to look at their entire careers but it is how well they have performed this particular season on a play by play basis.

Given the very good line he has worked with and Hill/Kelce plus some other okay receivers, Mahomes hasn't quite had a top 10 year at QB.

It doesn't mean PFF doesn't believe he is a top 5 QB entering the playoffs but they are just not overlooking some meh performances during regular season.

As long as Mahomes has a very good offensive line plus Hill/Kelce still playing at a high level, the expectations for him to put up great numbers are going to be higher than some QB on a team with a clearly inferior supporting cast on offense.

PFF qb rankings I do take with a grain of salt when it comes to outliers. QB's operating with ridiculously good supporting cast or a truly terrible supporting cast. Anything in between, their approach is at least worth looking at even if it is fallible like all of the other methods of player evaluation.
[Reply]
burt 05:48 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
words strung together.
Agree to disagree......
[Reply]
ModSocks 05:50 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
But his coverage is so-so. I don't have any idea on how they weight it but it feels like they value coverage more highly. Sneed is a tackling machine, great against the run, but his coverage really hasn't been great this year and I've no idea why nobody seems willing to recognise it.

Sneed struggled early on as the rest of the defense did. Since the turnaround, he's turned it around too. He's been relatively invisible these last two months as far as coverage is concerned. Which is a good thing.
[Reply]
Sannyasi 08:08 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
PFF is mostly right/right on their grades of Mahomes/Kelce/Hill this year. This "grading" isn't "how good" a player is at a moment in time or meant to look at their entire careers but it is how well they have performed this particular season on a play by play basis.

Given the very good line he has worked with and Hill/Kelce plus some other okay receivers, Mahomes hasn't quite had a top 10 year at QB.

It doesn't mean PFF doesn't believe he is a top 5 QB entering the playoffs but they are just not overlooking some meh performances during regular season.

As long as Mahomes has a very good offensive line plus Hill/Kelce still playing at a high level, the expectations for him to put up great numbers are going to be higher than some QB on a team with a clearly inferior supporting cast on offense.

PFF qb rankings I do take with a grain of salt when it comes to outliers. QB's operating with ridiculously good supporting cast or a truly terrible supporting cast. Anything in between, their approach is at least worth looking at even if it is fallible like all of the other methods of player evaluation.
Yeah Mahomes is naturally going to be penalized this year in PFF's ranking because PFF considers degree of difficulty on throws to be a positive. Whereas Reid and the coaches have obviously been stressing Mahomes to take the easy stuff and find more short throws to rack up YAC.

This is why coaches don't give a **** about PFF, because PFF obviously has no idea what a player was asked to do on a given play.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 09:08 PM 01-19-2022
Nobody cares about this shit.

Sorensen rated that high is all I needed to know how much BS go into these rankings.

He's the worst safety in the league....and I mean ALL safeties from every team, 1st string, 2nd, 3rd, PS etc...doesn't matter...he's the worst.
[Reply]
JPH83 01:38 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Sneed struggled early on as the rest of the defense did. Since the turnaround, he's turned it around too. He's been relatively invisible these last two months as far as coverage is concerned. Which is a good thing.
Yeah I think that's fair. Was going to post that another issue with only seeing the overall grade here is you don't spot growth through the season. Bolton's early grade was pretty average but his grade from mid-season is excellent, the result is a middling grade which is misleading in isolation
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 10:37 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Sannyasi:
Yeah Mahomes is naturally going to be penalized this year in PFF's ranking because PFF considers degree of difficulty on throws to be a positive. Whereas Reid and the coaches have obviously been stressing Mahomes to take the easy stuff and find more short throws to rack up YAC.

This is why coaches don't give a **** about PFF, because PFF obviously has no idea what a player was asked to do on a given play.
It would be interesting to see game by game analysis this year of Mahomes by PFF. His ratings/rankings probably went up once Mahomes just started taking what the defense gives him. Better to make the easy completions and do that well to give the fast Chief receivers, YAC opportunities than to force too many into tight coverages.

Not too long ago, there were long discussions on what is wrong with Mahomes and how he was messing up. He largely fixed those issues but the PFF grades reflect the entire season.
[Reply]
TimeForWasp 12:48 PM 01-20-2022
My Qs under appreciated.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up