ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2021 PFF Grades for Chiefs
Hammock Parties 08:26 PM 01-18-2022
Make sure to post about how terrible these are.

Originally Posted by :
Mahomes 79 (12th)

Originally Posted by :

Kelce 85 (4th)

Hill 85 (7th)

Hardman 69 (56th)

Pringle 67 (70th)

Helaire 64 (78th)

Originally Posted by :
OBJ 75 (31st)

Thuney 82 (8th)

Humphrey 93 (1st)

Smith 73 (16th)

Wylie 64 (59th)

Originally Posted by :
Jones 83 (6th)

Ingram 79 (16th)

Clark 57 (91st)

Reed 48 (100th)

Originally Posted by :

Bolton 69 (17th)

Gay 59 (32nd)

Niemann 49 (55th)

Hitchens 46 (65th)

Sorensen 46 (92nd)

Originally Posted by :

Hughes 77 (14th)

Thornhill 72 (22nd)

Ward 69 (32nd)

Mathieu 67 (40th)

Sneed 65 (50th)

[Reply]
Chiefnj2 06:56 AM 01-19-2022
Sneed is the worst DB on the team? The kid is an open field tackling machine.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 07:03 AM 01-19-2022
Pretty Fucking Foolish.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 07:21 AM 01-19-2022
Any grading system that has Mahomes as the 12th best QB in the NFL is total BS. How are we supposed to take them seriously?
[Reply]
JPH83 08:04 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefnj2:
Sneed is the worst DB on the team? The kid is an open field tackling machine.
But his coverage is so-so. I don't have any idea on how they weight it but it feels like they value coverage more highly. Sneed is a tackling machine, great against the run, but his coverage really hasn't been great this year and I've no idea why nobody seems willing to recognise it.

On Hughes, the one thing I can't work out is how they grade negative plays where it leads to a short gain but a touchdown versus a play that leads to a massive gain for the opposition but no score. Feels like Hughes got smoked earlier in the year a fair bit but I don't know if that's just because every mistake seemed to lead to a touchdown. I remember, I think, Sneed getting beaten pretty badly against Buffalo for a score, but it feels like a lot of his misses in coverage have not lead to scores. Maybe that makes a difference? I think Hughes has been OK but probably not worth that score and Sneed is probably deserving of a higher one.

Or as others have put it....maybe its a load of ***t.
[Reply]
BWillie 08:43 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
But his coverage is so-so. I don't have any idea on how they weight it but it feels like they value coverage more highly. Sneed is a tackling machine, great against the run, but his coverage really hasn't been great this year and I've no idea why nobody seems willing to recognise it.

On Hughes, the one thing I can't work out is how they grade negative plays where it leads to a short gain but a touchdown versus a play that leads to a massive gain for the opposition but no score. Feels like Hughes got smoked earlier in the year a fair bit but I don't know if that's just because every mistake seemed to lead to a touchdown. I remember, I think, Sneed getting beaten pretty badly against Buffalo for a score, but it feels like a lot of his misses in coverage have not lead to scores. Maybe that makes a difference? I think Hughes has been OK but probably not worth that score and Sneed is probably deserving of a higher one.

Or as others have put it....maybe its a load of ***t.
For being so bad at coverage he sure hasn't been beat much.
[Reply]
stumppy 08:56 AM 01-19-2022
How long before we try to draft a top 5 QB again? A #12 rated QB will only take you so far.
[Reply]
scho63 09:44 AM 01-19-2022
Looks like we need to rebuild based on PFF.
[Reply]
scho63 09:44 AM 01-19-2022
I guess we won't sniff the playoffs.
[Reply]
ChiefsFanatic 10:00 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
The problem with PFF, or the biggest of their problems, is they don’t use coaches film or all 22 for their grading. They us the broadcast film we all see so they don’t get the full view of the field. It’s one reason their QB ratings are trash. Generally, the further they get from the line the less I trust of them.
I don't believe this is true. PFF has contracts with many NFL teams, and provide player evaluations, as well as other data to the teams, such as formation tendencies, etc.

There is no way an NFL team pays them money without providing the all-22 film.

Sent from my GM1915 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
jettio 10:56 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by L.A. Chieffan:
PFF is to actual football analysis as Chuck e Cheese is to Michelin star dining
Chuck E. Cheese should grade higher for it musical productions.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:21 AM 01-19-2022
Damnit, it looks like we need to blow the Oline up again. They average 28th in the league.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:23 AM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by BWillie:
For being so bad at coverage he sure hasn't been beat much.
He's nowhere near bad. He's just not been as great as some have made out, imo. He's had to do a lot more this year though and tbh if there's one thing I'd trust Spags on it's wringing the best out of CBs.
[Reply]
ChiefBlueCFC 11:23 AM 01-19-2022
I only take PFF seriously when it confirms what I think or say otherwise they're wrong
[Reply]
GT_34 02:39 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by emaw1979:
The problem with PFF, or the biggest of their problems, is they don’t use coaches film or all 22 for their grading. They us the broadcast film we all see so they don’t get the full view of the field. It’s one reason their QB ratings are trash. Generally, the further they get from the line the less I trust of them.
Every doofus with a gamepass subscription has access to all-22 footage.

You're a ****ing moron if you believe PFF is grading players (including safeties) off broadcast.
[Reply]
burt 02:43 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by GT_34:
PFF you're a ****ing moron.
Fixed your post.....
[Reply]
Page 3 of 4
< 123 4 >
Up