Page 78 of 103
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's talk about the Buffalo Bills
TLO 09:16 PM 01-16-2022
We're on to Buffalo
[Reply]
R Clark 01:02 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Allen’s been up and down. He hasn’t been able to string together good games for months. He’s a couple weeks removed from a 17 QB rating for God’s sake.

The media wants to sell us a narrative of a Buffalo team that has been demolishing everything in its path and has no weaknesses. What we’re actually getting is an up and down QB and an overrated defense that routinely feasted on many of the worst QBs in the league.
I haven’t seen bills play but one game this yr ,but damn I hope your take is right on
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 01:31 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by CupidStunt:
Considering the amount of paralysis by analysis, the one thing I don't see talked about is the sense of urgency and extra gear the Chiefs have proven to have 4 years in a row now.

- There was the bad 1st half vs NE, then they come out in the 2nd half and dominate
- Texans, Titans and 9ers games - we all know those stories
- Last year, down early vs BUF, and they turned it up
- Even this weekend, after multiple 3-and-outs, look when the very first TD drive came - along with the 5 consecutive that followed it - RIGHT after that fluke defensive TD against us.

We KNOW that no matter what happens, what the score is after 1Q or 3Q, no matter the opponent or weather, Mahomes and the rest of the team turn it on when they absolutely have to.

How can the fans of other teams possibly pretend to be confident like that? Because they run up the score on a garbage game manager rookie QB in their building?
If I was a fan of any of the remaining teams, I would be confident against the Chiefs or frankly anyone else. Thanks to the Godwin/Brown injuries/release and Wirf injury, I don't see a truly dominant team left. Green Bay looks like they should win it all but even the Niners have the talent to beat the Packers. Healthy Tampa Bay was the class of the NFL since their defense when their key guys are healthy are capable of turning it up a level but they were barely healthy for 1 game this year. AB missed over 10 games, other skill players on offense got hurt and their secondary was hurt most of the year.

I really don't think any team remaining should be overly fearful of another. Pittsburgh/Philly, New England and Arizona all looked bad in different ways.... I don't expect that to happen to any of the teams this weekend. There may be a 20+ point win by someone but I think it will be more fluke plays responsible than a team just outclassing another.

Quality NFL teams really know anyone can win in these "1 and done" formats.

It is the teams that matchup the best against KC that will have the most confidence against them. All 3 teams remaining in AFC playoffs, have beaten KC this regular season. It may not mean that much but it has to give these teams some confidence. I don't think Bills match up particularly well especially if refs allow physical play in the secondary. But I really don't think Packers or Bucs would go into a game against KC with any fear whatsoever. They would go into the game fully expecting to win.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:39 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by RaidersOftheCellar:
Allen’s been up and down. He hasn’t been able to string together good games for months. He’s a couple weeks removed from a 17 QB rating for God’s sake.

The media wants to sell us a narrative of a Buffalo team that has been demolishing everything in its path and has no weaknesses. What we’re actually getting is an up and down QB and an overrated defense that routinely feasted on many of the worst QBs in the league.
It's like everyone forgets about New England propping up its defense in years past because it had 4 tilts a year with the Jets and Dolphins.

Look at the good offenses the Bills have played. They moved the ball and put up points. They had the little sisters of the poor, aside from Tampa, down the stretch, and their D is feasted.

If the Chiefs' OL plays well and the Chiefs avoid the type of mistakes they were making left and right in Week 5 (and have not since), the Chiefs will be efficient and carve up that D. Especially if they stay in a shell and keep their two best back 7 guys far removed from the play.
[Reply]
ChiTown 01:45 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by stevegroganfan:
It is the teams that matchup the best against KC that will have the most confidence against them. All 3 teams remaining in AFC playoffs, have beaten KC this regular season. It may not mean that much but it has to give these teams some confidence. I don't think Bills match up particularly well especially if refs allow physical play in the secondary. But I really don't think Packers or Bucs would go into a game against KC with any fear whatsoever. They would go into the game fully expecting to win.
These are my favorite takes. People really don't pay attention or care to watch the number of times that our HOF TE gets completely mugged trying to get down field. Hell, there are times he's tackled and they swallow their whistle. LOL
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 02:12 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Some of you douchebags owe Emaw an apology.
He claimed to have major “future” altering news and it turns out to be a class B misdemeanor over a broken vacuum.

He teased a non-story for attention similar to another K State fraud (Kevin Kietzman).
[Reply]
stevegroganfan 02:14 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by ChiTown:
These are my favorite takes. People really don't pay attention or care to watch the number of times that our HOF TE gets completely mugged trying to get down field. Hell, there are times he's tackled and they swallow their whistle. LOL
At times Kelce has been held...it happens to most pass catching tight ends but the Bucs game wasn't egregious at all. Kelce was not touched/held up that often vs the Bucs. Bucs focused more on taking away Hill and other deep throws than taking away Kelce over the middle.

What the Bucs did a reasonable job with until the end of the game was limit Kelce after the catch.

Kelce got 133 yards on 15 targets and 10 catches. Normally if a tight end is being held all of the time, he gets way less than 100 yards. He dropped a few passes one was a forced drop by David getting there as he was catching the ball and another just a random drop that had nothing to do with Bucs defense.

Kelce was really the one thing that went right for Chiefs offense and it wouldn't have gone right if Bucs were holding him all of the time and mugging him often. Kelce understandably got worn down but that was high usage more than anything else. He still played very well overall.
[Reply]
HC_Chief 02:23 PM 01-20-2022
At times Kelce has been held...it happens to most pass catching tight ends but the Bucs game wasn't egregious at all. Kelce was not touched/held up that often vs the Bucs. Bucs focused more on taking away Hill and other deep throws than taking away Kelce over the middle.

What the Bucs did a reasonable job with until the end of the game was limit Kelce after the catch.

Kelce got 133 yards on 15 targets and 10 catches. Normally if a tight end is being held all of the time, he gets way less than 100 yards. He dropped a few passes one was a forced drop by David getting there as he was catching the ball and another just a random drop that had nothing to do with Bucs defense.

Kelce was really the one thing that went right for Chiefs offense and it wouldn't have gone right if Bucs were holding him all of the time and mugging him often. Kelce understandably got worn down but that was high usage more than anything else. He still played very well overall.
Bucs took advantage of a backup offensive line. They didn't need to hold anyone... they received olè blocks all day. Not a knock; they did what good teams are supposed to do: take advantage of their opponent's weaknesses. That SB OL was certainly weak. Ugh.
[Reply]
BlackOp 02:25 PM 01-20-2022

Hey a Patriot fan talking about Kelce getting held...remember the first time Mahomes played Brady...and they called 0 penalties on NE? Of course you dont...it would chip into the "Tom is the bestest ever" fantasy...I wonder why the refs didn't call this on a third down attempt? Must have just missed it...

I wonder if Travis Kelce was getting held on this play pic.twitter.com/lYVQDhmRhw

— Braiden Turner (@bturner23) October 15, 2018

[Reply]
htismaqe 02:33 PM 01-20-2022

I love how you are a Buccaneers fan now.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 02:40 PM 01-20-2022

[Reply]
The Franchise 02:58 PM 01-20-2022

DVOA Strength of Schedule of remaining playoff teams:

Chiefs - 6th
Rams - 16th
Titans - 17th
Packers - 19th
49ers - 21st
Bengals - 30th
Buccaneers- 31st
Bills - 32nd

— Paul Foeller (@pfoeller) January 20, 2022

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:13 PM 01-20-2022
yessss

Take It Back.#ChiefsKingdom #OneTeamOneVision pic.twitter.com/ZfF5c0zaze

— Hudi Productions (@hudsononeill15) January 20, 2022

[Reply]
DrunkBassGuitar 03:23 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
lol how do the bucs have a 31st strength of schedule after winning a superbowl?

I thought you were supposed to have a harder schedule the better you do the season previous
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:27 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by DrunkBassGuitar:
lol how do the bucs have a 31st strength of schedule after winning a superbowl?

I thought you were supposed to have a harder schedule the better you do the season previous
There's only 17 games.

14 of them are locked before any SOS is considered - 6 intra-division games, 4 inter-division games, and 4 inter-confertnce games.

So your strength of schedule is largely determined solely by the quality of those opponents.

We played the NFC East and the AFC North this year. The AFC North was very good in terms of SOS and the NFC East wasn't bad either. Combine that with a very competitive AFC West and our schedule was very tough.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:30 PM 01-20-2022
Brady will only play where his division is complete shit. He just can’t beat the Saints for some reason.
[Reply]
Page 78 of 103
« First < 28687475767778 7980818288 > Last »
Up