ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown is NOT an NFL left tackle
Mr. Wizard 08:45 PM 01-16-2022
He can’t handle the speed rush. Move him to the right side and draft a left tackle. Oh yea, cut Sorensen.

That is all.:-)
[Reply]
tredadda 09:10 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
You want franchise players at S, QB, and LT? We can do that and we'll only really miss on the Tillery and Murray picks during that time. Deal?
They get a lot of these players because they don't make the playoffs and draft high. I would rather compete for SBs every year than get high draft picks. Besides for as good as James is, he is their Niang. He is always injured.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:23 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by tredadda:
They get a lot of these players because they don't make the playoffs and draft high. I would rather compete for SBs every year than get high draft picks. Besides for as good as James is, he is their Niang. He is always injured.
James has had one significant injury in his career.

And his injury was a bit of a fluke foot injury. I wouldn't mark him down as injury prone just yet.

Besides, James has demonstrated all pro ability when on the field. Niang...hasn't.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:36 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
James has had one significant injury in his career.

And his injury was a bit of a fluke foot injury. I wouldn't mark him down as injury prone just yet.

Besides, James has demonstrated all pro ability when on the field. Niang...hasn't.
He tore his meniscus in 2020 and missed the entire season as well.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:25 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
He'll go in the first. I can almost guarantee it. Once people see him at the combine and pro day, he's going to fly up the boards. Spencer Brown's success isn't going to hurt him, either.
Hey man, I was just looking at Kiper's first mock and sure enough, he has Penning going in the late first. :-)
[Reply]
Balto 08:42 AM 01-20-2022
Saints seems to be letting Terron Armstead test free agency. Just had knee surgery but only 30 years old and still one of the best tackles in the NFL.

Could tag/trade Brown then sign Armstead, who I believe is better than Brown, or keep Brown and sign Armstead as our RT.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:44 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by Balto:
Saints seems to be letting Terron Armstead test free agency. Just had knee surgery but only 30 years old and still one of the best tackles in the NFL.

Could tag/trade Brown then sign Armstead, who I believe is better than Brown, or keep Brown and sign Armstead as our RT.
They can't afford both.

And there's no way I'm giving up on a 25-year old ascending player for a 30-year old with a recent knee injury that caused him to miss most of a season.

That's crazy talk.
[Reply]
Balto 08:52 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
They can't afford both.

And there's no way I'm giving up on a 25-year old ascending player for a 30-year old with a recent knee injury that caused him to miss most of a season.

That's crazy talk.
When Fish and Schwartz were on the books we had the highest payroll for the tackle position in the NFL…..could see Veach doing it again.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:53 AM 01-20-2022

I'm...uh...pretty sure I just said that.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:55 AM 01-20-2022
When Fish and Schwartz were on the books we had the highest payroll for the tackle position in the NFL…..could see Veach doing it again.
After this offseason, Armstead and Brown Jr. combined will be worth about double what Fisher and Schwartz were. You had a high overall salary at the position because both guys were top 10 salaries.

Armstead and Brown Jr. will likely be top 5. If they tag Brown, it's top 3.
[Reply]
Balto 09:02 AM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm...uh...pretty sure I just said that.
Whoops just looked back and there it was…Great minds think alike lol. I have thought it for awhile to the point of a massive trade that sends us both Armstead and Michael Thomas(disgruntled WR and rumors of wanting out). Could tag/trade Brown with our 1st as getting Armstead+Thomas off there books could easily allow a Brown contract plus more cap.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 10:42 AM 01-20-2022
We are keeping Brown. I would guarantee it. There are no options out there that dont prevent us from building the other positions on the team that need addressed.

We would have to use valuable draft picks to either move up or trade those picks for a Veteran that would also come with a huge salary.

The Chiefs like Brown and Brown likes the Chiefs. LT is solved for the immediate future. As others have said, hes 25 years old, he has made the probowl both years as a LT. I dont see the team creating a problem by getting rid of Brown, I believe they see him as a solution.

The only real question here is Tag or Sign? I for one hope they sign him as tagging him is only going to cost us even more later. He IS our LT fellas.

Now they can focus on improving other positions and we should be excited about that.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 10:52 AM 01-20-2022
Whoops just looked back and there it was…Great minds think alike lol. I have thought it for awhile to the point of a massive trade that sends us both Armstead and Michael Thomas(disgruntled WR and rumors of wanting out). Could tag/trade Brown with our 1st as getting Armstead+Thomas off there books could easily allow a Brown contract plus more cap.
I don't think that works for them at all. Or the Chiefs. Or is even possible.

1. Armstead is already a FA at the end of this year, and they're carrying a bunch of dead cap for him past the end of the contract
2. They only save $2.5M in cap space by removing Thomas from the roster because of bonus proration.

They would end up spending $35M in cap space on two players no longer there, AND have to pay Orlando Brown, AND have to replace Thomas for $2.5M AND still have big dead cap hits for Thomas in the following 2 seasons.

That's an awful lot of burnt cap space just to get the right to pay Orlando Brown at LT, and the Chiefs are taking on 3 years/$50M or so on Michael Thomas. Not exactly cheap from their angle, either.
[Reply]
Balto 03:32 PM 01-20-2022
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I don't think that works for them at all. Or the Chiefs. Or is even possible.

1. Armstead is already a FA at the end of this year, and they're carrying a bunch of dead cap for him past the end of the contract
2. They only save $2.5M in cap space by removing Thomas from the roster because of bonus proration.

They would end up spending $35M in cap space on two players no longer there, AND have to pay Orlando Brown, AND have to replace Thomas for $2.5M AND still have big dead cap hits for Thomas in the following 2 seasons.

That's an awful lot of burnt cap space just to get the right to pay Orlando Brown at LT, and the Chiefs are taking on 3 years/$50M or so on Michael Thomas. Not exactly cheap from their angle, either.
I was thinking post June 1st so it would make Thomas’s savings of about $15.8M for the Saints.
[Reply]
htismaqe 04:36 PM 01-20-2022
I was thinking post June 1st so it would make Thomas’s savings of about $15.8M for the Saints.
The June 1st thing only applies to players being cut, AFAIK. You can't designate a trade as a June 1st cut.
[Reply]
Rasputin 06:47 PM 01-20-2022
I still don't get why anyone would want to replace Brown when he is one of the best in the league playing LT. He is a left tackle that's the position he plays and our offense is cutting loose. We need continuity along the offensive line and he is young and will only improve and Patrick will get use to his blocking and will be more aware if a rush is coming. No worries but make no mistake Brown is a left tackle and he is here to stay or we wouldn't have traded a first round for him.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 14
« First < 3910111213 14 >
Up