ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Orlando Brown is NOT an NFL left tackle
Mr. Wizard 08:45 PM 01-16-2022
He can’t handle the speed rush. Move him to the right side and draft a left tackle. Oh yea, cut Sorensen.

That is all.:-)
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:08 PM 01-19-2022
Judging by the posters who don't want to sign him to a long term deal, its pretty obvious we should.
[Reply]
Wallcrawler 01:17 PM 01-19-2022
The obvious question is, can we win a superbowl with Brown at LT. The answer is yes.

Pay the man.

Move on from aging, fan bashing Mathieu, and get a true stud second wr option.

Profit.
[Reply]
DRM08 01:23 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
This is a critical point.

Another Travis Kelce is almost certainly not walking through that door. Another Tyreek Hill is more than likely not walking through that door. Right now we have 3 years left (give or take a year) with those 2 guys being difference makers.
The good thing is I believe Mahomes is going to keep improving until age 30. He's still not the fully formed guy yet.

I want him to fully embrace the dink & dunk game like Brady. Make quick decisions, avoid mistakes into coverage, avoid sacks/fumbles under pressure, and simply kill the defense 5-8 yards at a time on drive after drive after drive until suddenly you've got 35 points on the board.

When he embraces that approach, he will be able to win big with a bunch of JAG's. Hell, he kind of did this in the first game against the Steelers this season. Tyreek & Kelce were both non-factors, but he still torched them with all the JAG receivers on the team.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 01:58 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
The good thing is I believe Mahomes is going to keep improving until age 30. He's still not the fully formed guy yet.

I want him to fully embrace the dink & dunk game like Brady. Make quick decisions, avoid mistakes into coverage, avoid sacks/fumbles under pressure, and simply kill the defense 5-8 yards at a time on drive after drive after drive until suddenly you've got 35 points on the board.

When he embraces that approach, he will be able to win big with a bunch of JAG's. Hell, he kind of did this in the first game against the Steelers this season. Tyreek & Kelce were both non-factors, but he still torched them with all the JAG receivers on the team.
You're asking him to play with an arm behind his back that way, IMO.

Oh sure, I don't mind him having that gear - it'll come with time either way. But why take a guy with the toolset to be Da Vinci and ask him to be Bob Ross?
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:00 PM 01-19-2022

Oh sure, I don't mind him having that gear - it'll come with time either way. But why take a guy with the toolset to be Da Vinci and ask him to be Bob Ross?
What we've seen in recent weeks is Mahomes' ability to be Bob Ross long enough for the opposing defense to get tired of it.

If we beat the 2-deep shell in the 1st half, teams have shown a willingness to give up on it and bring other looks, at which time Mahomes and the offense go back into DaVinci mode.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:36 PM 01-19-2022

That approach has helped give Brady a ton of longevity by avoiding hits. I want Mahomes to still be playing at a high level in his mid 40’s. Holding the ball and scrambling to setup big plays downfield is exciting to watch, but it also means taking a lot more hits from pass rushers. That potentially shortens his career by a significant amount. I don’t want him to be washed up at age 35 like Big Ben.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:41 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by DRM08:
That approach has helped give Brady a ton of longevity by avoiding hits. I want Mahomes to still be playing at a high level in his mid 40’s. Holding the ball and scrambling to setup big plays downfield is exciting to watch, but it also means taking a lot more hits from pass rushers. That potentially shortens his career by a significant amount. I don’t want him to be washed up at age 35 like Big Ben.
Eh - Brady got lucky. Let's not forget that he's had some significant injuries as well.

Brady just didn't have his elbow let go. Was it '18 that he was out there tossing wobble launchers because his arm was clearly compromised? But his healed - Ben's didn't. That's biology as much as anything.

Brady's just a damn unicorn. Brees never went out there getting blasted and his arm fell off significantly past his mid-30s.

Age has happened to EVERYONE other than Tom Brady. I just don't think that's a product of how he plays. It's biology and a little bit of luck.
[Reply]
DRM08 02:45 PM 01-19-2022
Eh - Brady got lucky. Let's not forget that he's had some significant injuries as well.

Brady just didn't have his elbow let go. Was it '18 that he was out there tossing wobble launchers because his arm was clearly compromised? But his healed - Ben's didn't. That's biology as much as anything.

Brady's just a damn unicorn. Brees never went out there getting blasted and his arm fell off significantly past his mid-30s.

Age has happened to EVERYONE other than Tom Brady. I just don't think that's a product of how he plays. It's biology and a little bit of luck.
That’s fair. Brees did have a big shoulder problem before he joined the Saints. Bad enough that the Dolphins trainers refused to medically clear Brees, which prevented Nick Saban from getting him. AFC East might have looked a lot different if Saban & Brees were together challenging the Patriots. College football history was impacted in a big way by the Dolphins medical staff, obviously.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:46 PM 01-19-2022

Diet is a huge factor for Brady
[Reply]
htismaqe 02:56 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Devouring the souls of small children and kissing teenage boys will do wonders to retard the aging process.
[Reply]
Chief Pagan 03:09 PM 01-19-2022

Okay, he isn't as old. But Rodgers is still looking pretty good.
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 03:12 PM 01-19-2022
Eating Gisele's Black Magic Pussy is the trick /blackops
[Reply]
dlphg9 03:22 PM 01-19-2022
It probably has something to do with it, but he's not eating any better than other guys that take care of their bodies.

He pushes that shit because he's building a brand and saying follow my lead and be a peak performer until you are almost 50.

I think he took some type of PED to help his elbows. The guys hit the jackpot too many times for it to be just luck.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:43 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Yeah, but that's highly irregular. Just like Bahktiari in the 4th was a lottery winning ticket. or Brady in the 6th. It just happens so very rarely.

Top flight LT's are really hard to find. Better than average LT's are hard to find. I think Brown is at least that, don't you? And he's 25, and he's already here.
Yes, I do.

Originally Posted by Chris Meck:

Now, if you don't want to pay him, you're gonna have to pay someone. We don't have time to develop a prospect. We're in a SB window.

Pay him or pay someone else is really the decision.
That's a really good point.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 03:46 PM 01-19-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
It's not that you can't ever replace him with a low first round pick.

It's that you're really playing with fire by doing that. We're bitching about Brown's level of play in his first year in this new offense, so how do you think a goddamn rookie is going to fare? We're counting on him matching or exceeding Brown's playing level from this season in his rookie year, because at this point every precious season we can squeeze from this era of Mahomes weapons (Tyreek, Kelce) can't be wasted.

We did fine with Brown. No, it's not a given he'll keep improving. It's also not a given the rookie will work out. And I don't think we should be snubbing our noses at what Brown can do for you (heh) in favor of a bigger unknown in some rando ass hat rookie.
I'm probably just drunk on Creed and Trey Smith and thinking we can get a day 1 starter in the draft. You make great points, as a lot of others do.

I'll say this: I hope they extend Brown AND don't stop looking to upgrade the position.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up