« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing RB Jerick McKinnon
Dante84 01:59 PM 04-30-2021

The @Chiefs are signing FA RB Jerrick McKinnon, per sources. @nflnetwork @gmfb

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) April 30, 2021

[Reply]
loochy 10:50 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
I think the only reason LDT is on the roster is because his contract is such that it makes no sense to cut him, otherwise I think he would be gone. Now, he has a better opportunity to earn his starting job back, but its not going to be handed to him.

He's on the roster and not cut because we don't have a better option at that position. It's a business.
[Reply]
wazu 10:50 AM 06-21-2021
Like it or not, when a player chooses to opt-out of a season like Williams did last year, it has an impact on his standing on the team. Chiefs will never say that because its not politically correct, but it matters. I think the only reason LDT is on the roster is because his contract is such that it makes no sense to cut him, otherwise I think he would be gone. Now, he has a better opportunity to earn his starting job back, but its not going to be handed to him.

The Chiefs moved away from Damien when they drafter CEH. He would have been the starter last year had he played. I have no doubt in my mind about that.
Damien Williams in the Super Bowl:

Darrel Williams in the Super Bowl:

Give me the guy that opted out of the COVID year.
[Reply]
carcosa 10:56 AM 06-21-2021
Like it or not, when a player chooses to opt-out of a season like Williams did last year, it has an impact on his standing on the team. Chiefs will never say that because its not politically correct, but it matters. I think the only reason LDT is on the roster is because his contract is such that it makes no sense to cut him, otherwise I think he would be gone. Now, he has a better opportunity to earn his starting job back, but its not going to be handed to him.

The Chiefs moved away from Damien when they drafter CEH. He would have been the starter last year had he played. I have no doubt in my mind about that.
No
[Reply]
SuperBowl4 11:03 AM 06-21-2021
AWESOME!!!!
[Reply]
Hoover 11:31 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by carcosa:
No
Reality.

You don't have to like it.
[Reply]
Hoover 11:31 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:

Got a vid of Damien behind our shit ass super bowl line?
[Reply]
carcosa 11:49 AM 06-21-2021
Reality.

You don't have to like it.
No
[Reply]
Bowser 12:17 PM 06-21-2021
I think this guy makes the final 53.
"profile guy"
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:32 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by HemiEd:
I was sure it was the fumble, interesting that you say it wasn't. Can you share why?
I don't really know specifics beyond what I heard, which was that it wasn't related to Shady's performance (or lack thereof) on the field. It was something that happened outside the lines.
[Reply]
wazu 12:35 PM 06-21-2021
Got a vid of Damien behind our shit ass super bowl line?
I posted one.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:52 PM 06-21-2021

Not true
[Reply]
Hoover 12:54 PM 06-21-2021
No, behind the line with Remmers at LT and Wylie at RT.

I mean, come on man.
[Reply]
RealSNR 01:59 PM 06-21-2021

What percentage of NFL players who opted out last year are not returning with their old teams?
[Reply]
Lzen 02:21 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:

Damien was a beast in that SB. I think they let him go because they didn't want to pay an older RB a big contract.
[Reply]
Wisconsin_Chief 02:44 PM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Lzen:
Damien was a beast in that SB. I think they let him go because they didn't want to pay an older RB a big contract.
His cap hit this year was only going to be $2.7 million, and they only created around $2.1 million in space by releasing him.

Darrel Williams' contract is worth a max of around $2.1 million, so they basically made the choice to keep Darrel instead of Damien. Whatever their reasoning was, I'm not going to lose sleep over it. They know what they're doing.

That said, I will definitely miss Damien. I can still hear Joe Buck word for word in my head: "Williams, makes the cut... and will ROOOOLLL INTO THE ENDZONE FOR THE TOUCHDOWN. NO FLAGS!"

Will never forget it.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 23
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up