« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs signing RB Jerick McKinnon
Dante84 01:59 PM 04-30-2021

The @Chiefs are signing FA RB Jerrick McKinnon, per sources. @nflnetwork @gmfb

— Peter Schrager (@PSchrags) April 30, 2021

[Reply]
notorious 04:55 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Titty Meat:
Hes mocking what every signing becomes on here. This dude is a broke dick. Veach is simply filling a roster spot with this move nothing more.
Brought in to keep the training staff sharp. With Watkins gone they were going to lose their edge.

Veach is 3 steps ahead.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 05:06 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If that had been the case, they would have cut him last season instead of paying him $150k while opting out.
I thought the league paid that not the team.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 05:20 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefaRoo:
I thought the league paid that not the team.
The $150k was an advance on future earnings and opt-outs definitely affected each team's salary cap in 2020. The NFL did not pay for player opt-outs.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/a...%20NFL%20Draft.
[Reply]
HemiEd 06:58 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Shady got on Andy's bad side somehow. Don't know what happened but he was basically a healthy scratch and it wasn't the fumble either. It was something behind closed doors or something.
I was sure it was the fumble, interesting that you say it wasn't. Can you share why?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:10 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
He's been quietly farting into his couch cushions.

[Reply]
notorious 07:16 PM 04-30-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Can't rep you twice, but this is awesome.
[Reply]
ChiefGator 10:03 AM 06-21-2021
Reid ready to give McKinnon the whole package.

Originally Posted by :
McKinnon was signed during the offseason. He rushed for 570 yards and caught 51 passes for the Minnesota Vikings in 2017, then missed two seasons with a knee injury before scoring six touchdowns with the San Francisco 49ers in 2020.

"He's experienced," Reid said. "He's been doing this awhile and he does it well. He sure has a nice feel for the pass game. I look forward to giving him the whole package once we get [to training camp] and let's see what he can do once we get playing real football."
https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-cit...ut-leveon-bell
[Reply]
Hoover 10:05 AM 06-21-2021
I think this guy makes the final 53.
[Reply]
TEX 10:09 AM 06-21-2021
I'm still wondering why they didn't just keep Damien Williams? Was it a $$$ deal?
[Reply]
ChiefGator 10:11 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
I'm still wondering why they didn't just keep Damien Williams? Was it a $$$ deal?
Yeah, seems strange. I would rather have Damien than Darwin. Or at least take them all into camp.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 10:14 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefGator:
Reid ready to give McKinnon the whole package.

https://www.espn.com/blog/kansas-cit...ut-leveon-bell
But is McKinnon ready to receive the entire package? It could be quite a stretch for him, so to speak.
[Reply]
wazu 10:30 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Makes no sense at all. Damien is a Chiefs legend and better than anybody else they have with probable exception of Clyde. Hopefully McKinnon experiences a bounce back year. I like his signing better than the annual McCoy, Bell crap.

But yeah, we already had Damien on the roster. It's just a tiny turd in our otherwise great offseason punchbowl.
[Reply]
rtmike 10:34 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Couldn't hurt
Doesn't sound like that's an issue.....lol.
[Reply]
Hoover 10:37 AM 06-21-2021
Like it or not, when a player chooses to opt-out of a season like Williams did last year, it has an impact on his standing on the team. Chiefs will never say that because its not politically correct, but it matters. I think the only reason LDT is on the roster is because his contract is such that it makes no sense to cut him, otherwise I think he would be gone. Now, he has a better opportunity to earn his starting job back, but its not going to be handed to him.

The Chiefs moved away from Damien when they drafter CEH. He would have been the starter last year had he played. I have no doubt in my mind about that.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 10:47 AM 06-21-2021
Originally Posted by Hoover:
Like it or not, when a player chooses to opt-out of a season like Williams did last year, it has an impact on his standing on the team. Chiefs will never say that because its not politically correct, but it matters. I think the only reason LDT is on the roster is because his contract is such that it makes no sense to cut him, otherwise I think he would be gone. Now, he has a better opportunity to earn his starting job back, but its not going to be handed to him.

The Chiefs moved away from Damien when they drafter CEH. He would have been the starter last year had he played. I have no doubt in my mind about that.
Complete and utter nonsense.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 23
« First < 23456 7891016 > Last »
Up