ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Media Center>Tiger King(Netflix)
Why Not? 09:44 PM 03-22-2020
This is some of the weirdest, most entertaining shit I’ve ever watched. Check it out.
[Reply]
vailpass 12:16 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
There's a guy I went to HS with, I won't make a direct mention of his details, but if you use your imagination in the least you could figure it out, who has to hate this whole saga.
Gonna' need some more clues here BL.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:46 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by vailpass:
Gonna' need some more clues here BL.
Trust me, if you can't already figure it out, it's not interesting enough to try to figure out. It's not a story or anything, just a negligible bit of coincidence.
[Reply]
vailpass 01:58 PM 04-22-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Trust me, if you can't already figure it out, it's not interesting enough to try to figure out. It's not a story or anything, just a negligible bit of coincidence.
Got ya' now, thanks.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:49 PM 04-26-2020

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 12:27 PM 05-06-2020
huge crowds flock to Joe Exotics re-opening this past week. Social Distancing? Whats that??

https://www.tmz.com/2020/05/06/joe-e...k-cub-petting/
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:24 PM 05-07-2020
I'm not sure I get it.

Is the entire appeal trainwreck television?

Because a few episodes in, I cannot for the life of me figure out how this became a national phenomenon.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 02:55 PM 05-07-2020
It turned into more of a crime drama sort of deal after a handful of episodes, but, yeah, I'd say you're spot-on with the "trainwreck television" moniker.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:21 PM 05-07-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
I'm not sure I get it.

Because a few episodes in, I cannot for the life of me figure out how this became a national phenomenon.
A lot is timing and organic interest. Right on the cusp of a lockdown is a wild and twisty mostly true story that most people haven't heard much of anything about, and you can binge it and the only thing you have to do other than binge Netflix is goss on social media.

It's not the greatest art, it's not the truest documentary, it's not the most vital story ever told, but it was the right thing for people to consume at that moment.

And I mean, entertainers have had moderate success trying to lampoon this kind of ridiculousness [the office, Reno 9-11, Christopher Guest movies, etc], and this here is even more outlandish and mostly real, . . it's an easy sell to a quarantined populace.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 09:19 PM 05-08-2020
I'm not sure I get it.

I didn't really get it either. Having family in OK, I'm familiar with the natives. Some interest may stem from never having encountered such a thing.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 08:48 AM 05-11-2020
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
I didn't really get it either. Having family in OK, I'm familiar with the natives. Some interest may stem from never having encountered such a thing.
Y'know that may be a good point.

Most of my caseload has been in OK for the last 6-8 years and I've probably spent 100+ days out there over the last decade. So maybe it's just being numb to the whole rural Oklahoma thing.

And to some extent, a little turned off by the portrayal. I'm a big fan of rural OK. Tulsa can pretty much taste me, but I really enjoy OKC and anything south/west of there. They're passing off a pretty broad swath of people as toothless shitbricks when in reality that's the VAST minority of people out there. And nothing about that is OK specific - uneducated poor exist everywhere.

And maybe BL is right - just a right place, right time sort of thing that we'll look back on in a year and think to ourselves "Man, what the !@#$ was THAT all about?"

I just wanted to make sure I wasn't missing something. Thus far it's just not doing anything for me. I'd recommend "5 Came Back" for anyone looking for a good documentary. Really interesting look at some of the pivotal directors during the WWII era and their wartime experiences.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:10 AM 06-02-2020
Carole Baskin wins her case and now owns Joe Exotic’s zoo

Carole Baskin, whose longstanding feud with Joe Exotic was chronicled in the hit Netflix docuseries "Tiger King," has been awarded the zoo once owned by her nemesis.An Oklahoma judge ruled in favor of Baskin's Big Cat Rescue Corporation Monday in its lawsuit against the Greater Wynnewood Development Group, LLC, (GWDC). The latter company once was owned by Exotic, whose real name is Joseph Allen Maldonado-Passage.

The order gives Baskin control of about 16 acres of land in Garvin County, Oklahoma, that is home to an animal park with an array of big cats.

GWDC must "vacate the Zoo Land premises within 120 days of service of this Order...Vacation of premises shall also require removal of all zoo animals from the Zoo Land," the court order said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/us/ca...rnd/index.html
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 08:01 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

I believe the correct spelling is "That Bitch Carole Baskin."
[Reply]
loochy 08:34 AM 06-02-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Carole Baskin, whose longstanding feud with Joe Exotic was chronicled in the hit Netflix docuseries "Tiger King," has been awarded the zoo once owned by her nemesis.An Oklahoma judge ruled in favor of Baskin's Big Cat Rescue Corporation Monday in its lawsuit against the Greater Wynnewood Development Group, LLC, (GWDC). The latter company once was owned by Exotic, whose real name is Joseph Allen Maldonado-Passage.

The order gives Baskin control of about 16 acres of land in Garvin County, Oklahoma, that is home to an animal park with an array of big cats.

GWDC must "vacate the Zoo Land premises within 120 days of service of this Order...Vacation of premises shall also require removal of all zoo animals from the Zoo Land," the court order said.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/02/us/ca...rnd/index.html

Well that sucks. I guess it's time to spam Google with negative reviews now.
[Reply]
sedated 04:09 PM 06-03-2020
And to some extent, a little turned off by the portrayal. I'm a big fan of rural OK. Tulsa can pretty much taste me, but I really enjoy OKC and anything south/west of there. They're passing off a pretty broad swath of people as toothless shitbricks when in reality that's the VAST minority of people out there. And nothing about that is OK specific - uneducated poor exist everywhere.
That was part of the appeal for me - I grew up with family in OK (specially Tulsa) and went there 3 or 4 times a year for my entire childhood. Some family was in the poor part of Tulsa (Pine Street and Lewis(?)) and others were out in the country.

And man, the people in Tiger King reminded me so much of the people I saw all over when I was in that state. They had teeth, but they were some redneck shitbricks.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 10:16 AM 08-19-2020
That bitch Carole Baskin does a little dance on its grave.

Tiger King zoo permanently closes https://t.co/SPNIFjj1mp

— BBC News (World) (@BBCWorld) August 19, 2020

[Reply]
Page 16 of 18
« First < 61213141516 1718 >
Up