ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 94 of 138
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>****OFFICIAL 2021 NFL Free Agency Megathread****
The Franchise 02:28 PM 03-14-2021
Tampering period ends tomorrow. Post all the signings in here.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:30 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Hindsight being 20/20, would've been nice to use the money we'd earmarked for Williams on Curtis Samuel and Carl Lawson instead. That part of Williams leading us on to maximize his SF deal does kind of suck.
Yep. I think that’s the part that annoys me the most about it. If we weren’t in on Williams for as long as we were...we may have been in on other guys.
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 02:33 PM 03-24-2021
Assuming we use our first pick on tackle I wouldn't mind grabbing Tamorrion Terry and Jaelan Darden 3rd round and later.

Terry would give us a big, fast body to plug into Sammy's spot and could hurt people if they overcompensate for Hill and/or Kelce. Darden is a fun toy that I think Reid could throw out as well.
[Reply]
Lilmrp117 02:33 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Yep. I think that’s the part that annoys me the most about it. If we weren’t in on Williams for as long as we were...we may have been in on other guys.
I'm not sure why we couldn't have been in on the other guys anyway. they didn't sign until after williams turned us down at least samuel didn't and there were other guys we could have went after for a plan b.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:42 PM 03-24-2021
No deal on 5 of their 6 reported top FA prospects with Ingram leaving a team visit

Sonofabitch
[Reply]
staylor26 02:47 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
No deal on 5 of their 6 reported top FA prospects with Ingram leaving a team visit

Sonofabitch
Yea and the best they can possibly hope for is a solid draft because it’s impossible to have 2 great drafts in a row.

Might as well pack it in.

Hopefully we can be competitive in 2022.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:47 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Sonofabitch
Meh. Only missed out on one that we were putting actual effort into signing. Throwing out a bunch of rejected one year prove it deals doesn't really register as Veach not being able to close a deal in my mind.
[Reply]
-King- 02:53 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Yea and the best they can possibly hope for is a solid draft because it’s impossible to have 2 great drafts in a row.

Might as well pack it in.

Hopefully we can be competitive in 2022.
Gotta love the projection :-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:54 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Don't care, didn't want him anyway.

Chiefs are drafting a WR somewhere in the first 2 rounds. You can pretty much lock that in.
And this.

Start looking at guys who are 6'-1"+ and can run, because i bet that's what the Chiefs are looking at.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:56 PM 03-24-2021
We're gonna start the season with a Rookie LT/RT, Lucas "i gave chase young all he could handle" Niang, and a Rookie WR.

I think we coulda guessed that though when Williams signed with SF.

It's not a great FA class. Not many guys out there this year worth paying.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:58 PM 03-24-2021
Start queing up those motherfuckin' WR highlight videos because the impact FA signing period is effectively over.

We can shift our focus to the draft full time at this point.
[Reply]
BossChief 02:59 PM 03-24-2021
This draft is a HUGE value draft.

The highest paid positions in the nfl (OT, WR, EDGE) are deep in this draft class snd we have needs in all 3.

It’s an ideal situation for incoming draft picks, too.

WRs get to play with the best QB in football.
DE gets to play with Jones, Clark and other talented guys to help him blossom.
The OT gets to play next to a second team all pro that will help him acclimate snd excel and in front of a HOF QB

The 3 kids we put in those positions are going to have HUGE OPPORTUNITIES to look really good.

If we hit on all 3 picks, that’s MASSIVE to the future salary cap. Especially if Niang turns out to be good, too...which I think he will.
[Reply]
Bowser 03:02 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Start queuing up those motherfuckin' WR highlight videos because the impact FA signing period is effectively over.

For a true starting X receiver, I agree. There might be a couple of guys worthy of throwing low risk deals at yet, but yeah, we're taking a receiver early this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 03:05 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by -King-:
Gotta love the projection :-)
I don’t think you know what that word means. I’m just going by RunKC’s logic. If free agency was a disaster and the absolute best we can hope for is a solid draft because the “law of averages”, sounds like we’re fucked.
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:09 PM 03-24-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Start queing up those motherfuckin' WR highlight videos because the impact FA signing period is effectively over.

Rashod Bateman and Terrace Marshall in the first round.
There are a ton of guys in the middle of the draft.
[Reply]
-King- 03:10 PM 03-24-2021
I don’t think you know what that word means. I’m just going by RunKC’s logic. If free agency was a disaster and the absolute best we can hope for is a solid draft because the “law of averages”, sounds like we’re fucked.
All he said was we missed on 5 of 6 of the players we tried to get. You took that as not only is the off season over, but the season overall too. :-) How?!? You gotta start doing breathing exercises before you post. You're way too worked up.
[Reply]
Page 94 of 138
« First < 44849091929394 95969798104 > Last »
Up