ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 21 of 32
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Royals Announce New Ballpark in "The Heart of Downtown KC"
Couch-Potato 08:07 AM 02-14-2024
What do you guys think about the new ballpark?

ESPN:
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Pablo 12:58 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Mecca:
There is a non white man walking on my sidewalk the horror!
I mean at this point I might if it would lower my fucking rent.
That's not how rent works bud, you gotta move deeper into the shithole and embrace those people referenced above.
[Reply]
Mecca 12:59 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Pablo:
That's not how rent works bud, you gotta move deeper into the shithole and embrace those people referenced above.
I was just more or less pointing out how what he said was stupid "you live there cause it's all you can afford" yea my rent payment says what?
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:01 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
I’ll vote Yes. Despite being anti-billionaire and consistently voting with the folks that tend to oppose this type of effort the most.

Despite being a bigger fan of the East Village site (which would have helped further pull up that neighborhood). Still not sure what happened there (suspect the owner of the old Star printing building made the real estate purchases easier and cheaper).

The Royals aren’t staying at the current site. That option doesn’t exist. If this fails, they’ll move to a different county or different city all together.

I don’t like either idea.
Less infrastructure worries at the Crossroads and with Power & Light already there don't have to build another entertainment district. Can just build the stadium and the high rise.
[Reply]
Pablo 01:08 PM 03-21-2024
I was just more or less pointing out how what he said was stupid "you live there cause it's all you can afford" yea my rent payment says what?
Investment groups have a strangle hold on the KC single family market. Rent will be fucked forever more.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:12 PM 03-21-2024
If you want to side with the communists at KC Tenants go right ahead.

Give the Clarks whatever they want or Gracie will be cutting way down on the cheesecake photos.

LIKE IT OR NOT YOU ARE A SERF AND LORD HUNT DEMANDS YOUR TRIBUTE
[Reply]
Pablo 01:14 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Give the Clarks whatever they want or Gracie will be cutting way down on the cheesecake photos.

I wish this was a vote to give the Clarks anything they want. They deserve it.

Instead it's tied into a loser franchise that's given the city like 3 seasons of happiness in 40 years.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 01:15 PM 03-21-2024

Instead it's tied into a loser franchise that's given the city like 3 seasons of happiness in 40 years.
The loser Royals will have a new stadium before KC with some of the highest crime rates in the nation will have a jail. Speaks volumes about the rubes who live in this crime ridden shithole
[Reply]
HonestChieffan 01:22 PM 03-21-2024

Soon as he gets new stadium he will sell it and cash big
[Reply]
Pablo 01:24 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Soon as he gets new stadium he will sell it and cash big
Of course. He knows he's holding onto a walmart bag full of dogshit. Shove that dogshit into a Louis Vitton purse and laugh all the way to the bank.
[Reply]
Bearcat 01:25 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by HonestChieffan:
Like when they have a game no one will be using the 40000 available spots. Its a scam and a total grift.
If people are voting no because they think they won't find a parking spot, then they're butt fucking morons... who cares if someone says there are 40k spots. They're dumb and the Royals clearly don't need that many anyway.

Someone else has probably done more accurate math by now, but seems like split evenly across ~500k Jackson County adults, comes out to $100 per year or $4000 across 40 years.

End of the day, you add 8 bucks per month to whatever other costs are associated with watching the Royals... it's not a scam and definitely not a grift, you're literally voting on it.

And if your issue is handing over money to rich people, then I have some really bad news about life...
[Reply]
Mecca 01:26 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

You really gotta stop using the word communists so much.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:28 PM 03-21-2024
Of course. He knows he's holding onto a walmart bag full of dogshit. Shove that dogshit into a Louis Vitton purse and laugh all the way to the bank.
If you take a look at Shermans personal worth, a metric shit ton of it is tied to the Royals, every bit of this speaks to a buy the team, get a stadium, sell it for double what he paid for it to bump up his wealth significantly.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:28 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
If people are voting no because they think they won't find a parking spot, then they're butt fucking morons... who cares if someone says there are 40k spots. They're dumb and the Royals clearly don't need that many anyway.

Someone else has probably done more accurate math by now, but seems like split evenly across ~500k Jackson County adults, comes out to $100 per year or $4000 across 40 years.

End of the day, you add 8 bucks per month to whatever other costs are associated with watching the Royals... it's not a scam and definitely not a grift, you're literally voting on it.

And if your issue is handing over money to rich people, then I have some really bad news about life...
Is it that life sucks?
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 01:29 PM 03-21-2024
I’m not a Jackson County resident so this isn’t my fight.

But it does make me cringe when I see people online say dumb shit like “Vote No. Stay at the K.”

Like people understand that’s not an option right? The Royals will either get a new ballpark here or they will get it elsewhere.

This vote is basically, “Vote yes to have Major League Baseball in Kansas City. Vote no to get rid of it.”

Which, if people don’t want baseball here and are fine with losing the Royals then more power to them. I just hope everyone understands exactly what the stakes are.

Yeah it sucks to have to subsidize billionaires, but we don’t live in “Shouldland” we live in “Reality World” where unfortunately that’s the cost of having pro sports teams.

Losing pro sports would be incredibly costly to KC and the region and I think there is more value in being a pro sports city than the anti “sportsball” crowd would ever admit.

Think of how much money and name recognition and prestige the Chiefs have brought to KC in the last decade. It’s enormous and that’s something that’s hard to put a price on.

If I lived there, this would be an easy yes. But again, easy to say when it’s not my money.
[Reply]
Mecca 01:30 PM 03-21-2024
Originally Posted by comochiefsfan:
I’m not a Jackson County resident so this isn’t my fight.

But it does make me cringe when I see people online say dumb shit like “Vote No. Stay at the K.”

Like people understand that’s not an option right? The Royals will either get a new ballpark here or they will get it elsewhere.

This vote is basically, “Vote yes to have Major League Baseball in Kansas City. Vote no to get rid of it.”

Which, if people don’t want baseball here and are fine with losing the Royals then more power to them. I just hope everyone understands exactly what the stakes are.

Yeah it sucks to have to subsidize billionaires, but we don’t live in “Shouldland” we live in “Reality World” where unfortunately that’s the cost of having pro sports teams.

Losing pro sports would be incredibly costly to KC and the region and I think there is more value in being a pro sports city than the anti “sportsball” crowd would ever admit.

Think of how much money and name recognition and prestige the Chiefs have brought to KC in the last decade. It’s enormous and that’s something that’s hard to put a price on.

If I lived there, this would be an easy yes. But again, easy to say when it’s not my money.
I think people do completely forget how fucking old those stadiums are, Royals stadium is only behind Wrigley and Fenway for oldest stadium in the league, it is not a historical momument like those.
[Reply]
Page 21 of 32
« First < 111718192021 2223242531 > Last »
Up