ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 31 of 35
« First < 212728293031 32333435 >
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Bryan Cook Thread*****
Dante84 07:18 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Cook was the third-most valuable safety in college football in 2021 #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/PpjLYjZwK5

— Eric Eager ���� (@PFF_Eric) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
ThyKingdomCome15 11:44 PM 12-03-2023
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
We need him back bad, Edwards was burnt toast tonight
Edwards is AIDS rn. Dude is suppose to be a ball hawk and wasn't even looking at that floating duck Love heaved out of desperation. That has to be washed up.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:07 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by carcosa:
I ain't looking. Feel awful for the kid
I saw Joe Theisman's leg break live. I don't ever want to see anything like that again.
[Reply]
ChiefaRoo 08:39 AM 12-04-2023
It’s not as bad as the Conner McGregor break I watched in 4K a couple years ago. Awful.

Hope Cook heals and is 💯 asap.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 08:42 AM 12-04-2023
So Connor rotates in at safety?
[Reply]
louie aguiar 09:22 AM 12-04-2023

Bryan Cook did not break his ankle as the safety’s x-ray came back negative, per @JFowlerESPN.#KCSN | #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/W962KNpPP8

— KC Sports Network (@KCSportsNetwork) December 4, 2023

[Reply]
Gary Cooper 09:24 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by louie aguiar:
What the hell? Is he Rubber Man? That picture looked like something from a horror movie.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 09:27 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by Gary Cooper:
What the hell? Is he Rubber Man? That picture looked like something from a horror movie.
Maybe a dislocation
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:33 AM 12-04-2023
If he dislocated it, the odds are still pretty good he'd have some small malleolar fractures right at the edges of the joint that occurred as a result of the displacement as the joint separated. Those may not have shown up on the initial X-Rays; may need swelling to reduce or an MRI for those to surface.

That said, in the grand scheme of things, they're pretty irrelevant.

But ultimately look at it this way, you have a bunch of parts that are REALLY well connected in there. And for a dislocation to occur, you need some part of that mechanism to fail. It could be as 'simple' as the ligaments tearing and the foot just sliding out. It could be a severe sprain that create clearance and then some small fracutres around the joint as the foot comes out. It could be a broken fibula that 'freed' the joint as the rotational torque came through.

If (big if) it dislocated, it's almost certainly just a question of how long the rehab will take and he's going to be out for the year. Because you just can't dislocate a joint that's as tight as that ankle joint without doing some pretty substantial damage to SOMETHING.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:13 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
If he dislocated it, the odds are still pretty good he'd have some small malleolar fractures right at the edges of the joint that occurred as a result of the displacement as the joint separated. Those may not have shown up on the initial X-Rays; may need swelling to reduce or an MRI for those to surface.

But ultimately look at it this way, you have a bunch of parts that are REALLY well connected in there. And for a dislocation to occur, you need some part of that mechanism to fail. It could be as 'simple' as the ligaments tearing and the foot just sliding out. It could be a severe sprain that create clearance and then some small fracutres around the joint as the foot comes out. It could be a broken fibula that 'freed' the joint as the rotational torque came through.

If (big if) it dislocated, it's almost certainly just a question of how long the rehab will take and he's going to be out for the year. Because you just can't dislocate a joint that's as tight as that ankle joint without doing some pretty substantial damage to SOMETHING.
Yep, the MRI will tell them more on structure damage, at least no major bone fractures that require plates etc. It could have been really bad. It looked like his cleats just caught as well.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 10:56 AM 12-04-2023

I read a dislocated ankle could take up to 4 to 6 weeks to recover. If that's what it is then that would be massive.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 10:58 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
I read a dislocated ankle could take up to 4 to 6 weeks to recover. If that's what it is then that would be massive.
Like I said - depends on the mechanics of the dislocation; what had to 'let go' in order for it to happen.

A severe sprain that doesn't compromise the syndesmosis ligament while creating fairly minor malleolar fractures would be similar to a really bad high ankle sprain. That's probably your best case scenario.

Anything more than that and you're counting months, not weeks.

It would just seem pretty unlikely to me that a professional athlete would have a complete dislocation without compromising the syndesmosis. I don't know how you wrench a foot out of the joint like that without really taxing that ligament, especially if the initial x-rays came back negative. In this case, a break would almost be a good thing because then the bone was the failure point, not a ligament. And the bone would heal faster/easier than the ligament would and with less long-term impact.

I'd have rather heard that the fibula broke, to be honest. That would've been a pretty natural 'release valve' that could've let that foot come out without damaging a ton of the surrounding ligaments. And as a non weight bearing bone, the recovery would be pretty easy.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 11:45 AM 12-04-2023
Like I said - depends on the mechanics of the dislocation; what had to 'let go' in order for it to happen.

A severe sprain that doesn't compromise the syndesmosis ligament while creating fairly minor malleolar fractures would be similar to a really bad high ankle sprain. That's probably your best case scenario.

Anything more than that and you're counting months, not weeks.

It would just seem pretty unlikely to me that a professional athlete would have a complete dislocation without compromising the syndesmosis. I don't know how you wrench a foot out of the joint like that without really taxing that ligament, especially if the initial x-rays came back negative. In this case, a break would almost be a good thing because then the bone was the failure point, not a ligament. And the bone would heal faster/easier than the ligament would and with less long-term impact.

I'd have rather heard that the fibula broke, to be honest. That would've been a pretty natural 'release valve' that could've let that foot come out without damaging a ton of the surrounding ligaments. And as a non weight bearing bone, the recovery would be pretty easy.
A reporter at the game said on twitter that he saw Cook on crutches after the game and he had no walking boot on. He was actually wearing his normal shoes apparently.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:55 AM 12-04-2023
Originally Posted by UChieffyBugger:
A reporter at the game said on twitter that he saw Cook on crutches after the game and he had no walking boot on. He was actually wearing his normal shoes apparently.
Right - which is what made me wonder if he even dislocated it. Or at least a complete dislocation.

If you have a complete dislocation, you ain't just popping that fucker back in there. That's going to require, at a minimum, conscious sedation. Granted, you can get from beginning to end of that process in 30 minutes and shake off the cobwebs in another half hour. So maaaaaybe that's what happened?

But does Lambeau have an O.R. in the bowels? Because that's what you'd need for that sort of thing. That sure seems unlikely. And no matter how tough the guy is, surely they wouldn't try to reduce it without sedation because if he feels the pain and twists at the wrong moment, he could wreck the whole damn ankle. That would just be reckless as hell and to no benefit at all.

I just can't see them sending him back out on the sidelines or the media room on a dislocate ankle that hasn't been reduced. And I can't see them being able to reduce it on site. So if those two things are accurate, it can't have been a complete dislocation.

In which case we're talking about a high ankle sprain period of recovery; the syndesmosis flexed/torqued but wasn't compromised so he's just gonna be awfully gimpy for awhile while that ligament firms back up.

Just a few pieces involved here that I can't quite put together. There's something I'm missing in here somewhere.
[Reply]
UChieffyBugger 02:17 PM 12-04-2023
Right - which is what made me wonder if he even dislocated it. Or at least a complete dislocation.

If you have a complete dislocation, you ain't just popping that ****er back in there. That's going to require, at a minimum, conscious sedation. Granted, you can get from beginning to end of that process in 30 minutes and shake off the cobwebs in another half hour. So maaaaaybe that's what happened?

But does Lambeau have an O.R. in the bowels? Because that's what you'd need for that sort of thing. That sure seems unlikely. And no matter how tough the guy is, surely they wouldn't try to reduce it without sedation because if he feels the pain and twists at the wrong moment, he could wreck the whole damn ankle. That would just be reckless as hell and to no benefit at all.

I just can't see them sending him back out on the sidelines or the media room on a dislocate ankle that hasn't been reduced. And I can't see them being able to reduce it on site. So if those two things are accurate, it can't have been a complete dislocation.

In which case we're talking about a high ankle sprain period of recovery; the syndesmosis flexed/torqued but wasn't compromised so he's just gonna be awfully gimpy for awhile while that ligament firms back up.

Just a few pieces involved here that I can't quite put together. There's something I'm missing in here somewhere.
Yeah thanks for the info you clearly know what you're talking about :-) . The reporter said "he was shocked to see Cook with his timbs on". And when you combine that with the news about no break then hopefully we'll see him take the field again this season.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 02:24 PM 12-04-2023
Disappointing. Get well soon #6
[Reply]
Page 31 of 35
« First < 212728293031 32333435 >
Up