ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 30 of 31
« First < 202627282930 31 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>OT Rankings
KChiefs1 10:08 AM 03-03-2021
https://theathletic.com/2419203/2021...ds-deep-class/

Dane Brugler:

1. Penei Sewell, Oregon (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Malaeimi, American Samoa (Desert Hills); Age: 20.56

2. Rashawn Slater, Northwestern (6-foot-4, 308 pounds)
Sugar Land, Texas (Clements); Age: 22.09

3. Christian Darrisaw, Virginia Tech (6-foot-5, 315 pounds)
Upper Marlboro, Md. (Riverdale); Age: 21.91

4. Teven Jenkins, Oklahoma State (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Topeka, Kan. (Topeka); Age: 23.16

5. Liam Eichenberg, Notre Dame (6-foot-5, 301 pounds)
Cleveland, Ohio (Saint Ignatius); Age: 23.28

6. Samuel Cosmi, Texas (6-foot-7, 310 pounds)
Humble, Texas (Atascocita); Age: 22.20

7. James Hudson, Cincinnati (6-foot-4, 302 pounds)
Toledo, Ohio (Central Catholic); Age: 21.96

8. D’Ante Smith, East Carolina (6-foot-5, 294 pounds)
Augusta, Ga. (Grovetown); Age: 22.89

9. Dillon Radunz, North Dakota State (6-foot-6, 304 pounds)
Becker, Minn. (Becker); Age: 23.09

10. Walker Little, Stanford (6-foot-7, 320 pounds)
Houston, Texas (Episcopal); Age: 22.08

11. Brady Christensen, BYU (6-foot-6, 300 pounds)
Bountiful, Utah (Bountiful)

12. Spencer Brown, Northern Iowa (6-foot-8, 314 pounds)
Lenox, Iowa (Lenox); Age: 23.09
[Reply]
O.city 08:43 AM 04-20-2021
IF thats their plan, I question throwing the kind of coin at Trent Williams they were ready to do.

LT is too important of a spot as they've shown with how they fill it (first overall pick, highest paid player potentially etc).

So I don't think they'd pivot to Niang. Maybe they have to and it works out, but I dont' think that was ever the plan.
[Reply]
O.city 08:44 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
You edited after I replied, sorry.

I agree on Darrisaw to a degree. I would absolutely trade up for him. He's enough better than the 4th and 5th guys to be worth trading extra picks.

The problem is the number of picks it might take. If Sewell goes to the Bengals and Slater to the Panthers, Darrisaw would have to get past the Cowboys at 10. Even if the Cowboys took someone else, the Chargers are sitting at 13.

Realistically, you might have to trade MORE than you traded to get Patrick Mahomes. Not only do I not like that idea, I'm not sure we even have the ammo to pull it off considering where we are probably picking the next couple of years.
Where they'll be picking is the main reason I'd do it. Those guys theyre gonna be drafting in those spots going forward will always be similar to guys they can get in the 2nd round, so if I can use said pick to acquire a guy I think is a legit LT, I'd do it.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:45 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
IF thats their plan, I question throwing the kind of coin at Trent Williams they were ready to do.

LT is too important of a spot as they've shown with how they fill it (first overall pick, highest paid player potentially etc).

So I don't think they'd pivot to Niang. Maybe they have to and it works out, but I dont' think that was ever the plan.
The way Reid talked yesterday, Veach is totally opportunistic. In other words, the “plan” wasn’t Trent Williams but when Veach saw a realistic chance to get one of the best tackles in the game, Williams BECAME the plan.

Andy said Veach never stops looking for upgrades period. Every position all the time, he’s always looking.
[Reply]
O.city 08:46 AM 04-20-2021
The way Reid talked yesterday, Veach is totally opportunistic. In other words, the “plan” wasn’t Trent Williams but when Veach saw a realistic chance to get one of the best tackles in the game, Williams BECAME the plan.

Andy said Veach never stops looking for upgrades period. Every position all the time, he’s always looking.
Eh, thats fine to say. I dunno how much I believe Williams wasn't pretty heavily in the plans once Fisher went down as hard as they went after him.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:47 AM 04-20-2021
Where they'll be picking is the main reason I'd do it. Those guys theyre gonna be drafting in those spots going forward will always be similar to guys they can get in the 2nd round, so if I can use said pick to acquire a guy I think is a legit LT, I'd do it.
Of course. My point was if we don’t want those picks, nobody else does either. Those late 1st picks almost always get included in a trade DOWN, not up.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:49 AM 04-20-2021
Eh, thats fine to say. I dunno how much I believe Williams wasn't pretty heavily in the plans once Fisher went down as hard as they went after him.
We don’t actually know how hard they tried. We know they gave him a contract offer. Williams never said how many times he talked to the Chiefs about counteroffers. He did talk profusely about how many times he talked to Shanahan. For all we know, Veach threw a big number at him even though Williams knew he was going back to San Francisco and there wasn’t all that much back and forth.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:14 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Here’s what they’ve said:

-they like the depth in this class
-they think Niang can play LT and aspired to put him there
-Remmers is a starting tackle (RT)
-Long has been a pro bowl tackle (RT)

I think that means they like their options in td 2 at RT. Leatherwood, Little, Radunz, Forsythe, Brown.

That would be great bc rd 1 could be their impact player at WR, corner or DE and the developmental tackle could sit and learn for a year with Remmers starting and Long as a backup in case of injury

I really like that plan
Did you mean to type RT in round 2? Those all look like LT prospects to me.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:15 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Did you mean to type RT in round 2? Those all look like LT prospects to me.
Didn’t see that the first time. I suppose they could take a LT prospect and put him at RT or move Niang there. It would be nice to have two plus pass protectors in this offense. Schwartz wasn’t your typical RT honestly.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:23 AM 04-20-2021
Peter Schrager released his 2nd mock.

He has us taking Greg Newsome, CB.
[Reply]
O.city 09:23 AM 04-20-2021
We don’t actually know how hard they tried. We know they gave him a contract offer. Williams never said how many times he talked to the Chiefs about counteroffers. He did talk profusely about how many times he talked to Shanahan. For all we know, Veach threw a big number at him even though Williams knew he was going back to San Francisco and there wasn’t all that much back and forth.
Offering him the highest paid LT contract in history would be trying pretty hard I'd think.

But either way, no sense crying over it.

If they could get good LT play out of Niang, that would be huge.
[Reply]
In58men 09:35 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Peter Schrager released his 2nd mock.

He has us taking Greg Newsome, CB.
Not sure how I would feel about this knowing Terrance Marshall Jr would be there.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:36 AM 04-20-2021
So going off of the thought that Niang is going to get the first shot at LT.

LT - Niang, Tega Wanogho
LG - Thuney, Rankin
C - Blythe, Allegretti
RG - Long, LDT, Wylie
RT - Remmers

I don’t know if they want to bring in a LT to compete with Niang or a RT to compete with Remmers. Maybe they think LDT can hold down RG with Wylie and Long will compete with Remmers.
[Reply]
Chris Meck 09:40 AM 04-20-2021
So...

wasn't 2015 Long's last season before the rash of injuries? And didn't he make the pro bowl as a RT in that season?

Isn't it possible that IF he's truly healthy, he might beat out Remmers at RT if Niang is LT?
[Reply]
kccrow 10:13 AM 04-20-2021
Yeah the Reid interview indicating that he thought Niang had it in him to move to LT speaks volumes about the offseason to date and could very well dictate how the Chiefs approach the draft. Not only does it mean KC probably wont' go swinging for the fences in the early going to get a guy like Darrisaw but I don't think they really go swinging at all for a tackle. They might be content to take a guy in the right spot and it may not even be a LT they look for.

I put as much stock into Niang moving from RT to LT as I do guys like Brown and Jenkins, if not much more. Niang was absolutely dominant and is athletic. Brown was athletic but not necessarily dominant all the time. Jenkins could be dominant but I don't think he's quite what you want in a LT conversion.

The Chiefs have been eying up Josh Ball from Marshall, who comes with his domestic violence issue at Florida State, but looks like a promising guy at least at RT on early day 3. He did play LT though, so he could have some swing ability.

Right now, I'm eying up Dyami Brown and Peyton Turner for the top 2 picks and let the rest fall where it may. If Brown or Forsythe ends up available in 3, make a move for one of them. If not, take whats there. Someone will fall. Not all of these guys are going to go in round 1 and 2.
[Reply]
staylor26 10:14 AM 04-20-2021
Originally Posted by kccrow:
Yeah the Reid interview indicating that he thought Niang had it in him to move to LT speaks volumes about the offseason to date and could very well dictate how the Chiefs approach the draft. Not only does it mean KC probably wont' go swinging for the fences in the early going to get a guy like Darrisaw but I don't think they really go swinging at all for a tackle. They might be content to take a guy in the right spot and it may not even be a LT they look for.

I put as much stock into Niang moving from RT to LT as I do guys like Brown and Jenkins, if not much more. Niang was absolutely dominant and is athletic. Brown was athletic but not necessarily dominant all the time. Jenkins could be dominant but I don't think he's quite what you want in a LT conversion.

The Chiefs have been eying up Josh Ball from Marshall, who comes with his domestic violence issue at Florida State, but looks like a promising guy at least at RT on early day 3. He did play LT though, so he could have some swing ability.

Right now, I'm eying up Dyami Brown and Peyton Turner for the top 2 picks and let the rest fall where it may. If Brown or Forsythe ends up available in 3, make a move for one of them. If not, take whats there. Someone will fall. Not all of these guys are going to go in round 1 and 2.
Where’d you see this?
[Reply]
Page 30 of 31
« First < 202627282930 31 >
Up