10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:45 PM 03-21-2021
Largest deal in Royals franchise history
[Reply]
SithCeNtZ 12:58 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Largest deal in Royals franchise history
A little torn on this one. It's good that we spent some money, but the biggest deal ever to a catcher is not an ideal use of resources. Would you rather extend witt jr 7 years and have him on the roster opening day with a contract like eloy or have 4 more years of a catcher who isn't likely to be amazing at 34. Would you rather spend 20 million on a random free agent to join witt jr and our next nucleus or have an aging catcher? If we start spending money left and right then I guess it's fine, but if we only have room for one "big" deal on our books at a time, salvy shouldn't be it.
[Reply]
Wilson8 01:08 PM 03-21-2021
Perez is still playing very good baseball. He is good for Royal's PR. He is a good team leader. He has been a bargain price player for the Royals for several years, so (not my Money) but not a big deal if we over pay a little at end of his playing days.
[Reply]
Coach 01:08 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
A little torn on this one. It's good that we spent some money, but the biggest deal ever to a catcher is not an ideal use of resources. Would you rather extend witt jr 7 years and have him on the roster opening day with a contract like eloy or have 4 more years of a catcher who isn't likely to be amazing at 34. Would you rather spend 20 million on a random free agent to join witt jr and our next nucleus or have an aging catcher? If we start spending money left and right then I guess it's fine, but if we only have room for one "big" deal on our books at a time, salvy shouldn't be it.
I forsee Sal playing 1B and DH at some point once Santana retires or moves on.

Plus, if we have watched Sal's game from his first year to now, his game has improved. He's not chasing ball balls like he used to as frequently. He has gotten a lot better of recognizing and laying off crap pitches.

If his progression models like Yader Molina, I can't complain at all. Also keep in mind that he didn't play in 2019 due to an injury, so that may have saved his body in terms of the wear and tear.
[Reply]
kstater 01:09 PM 03-21-2021
This one was easy. The Royals absolutely stole Salvy for years. There's nothing wrong with this contract

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:16 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by SithCeNtZ:
I just don’t think this is our father’s Royals team anymore. Sherman seems willing and ready to spend to grab and hold high quality talent.
[Reply]
Coach 01:17 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I just don’t think this is our father’s Royals team anymore. Sherman seems willing and ready to spend to grab and hold high quality talent.
Well, it also helps that the Royals do have a half a billion dollar QB as one of their owners (minority) as well.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 01:19 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by kstater:
This one was easy. The Royals absolutely stole Salvy for years. There's nothing wrong with this contract

Sent from my Pixel 4 using Tapatalk
This all day. And it’s not like he has just been a guy on the roster all these years, he was an integral part of the team’s success in ‘14 and ‘15. His hit to win the wild card game is as big and important a hit as any in club history.

Good on him for being a team guy all along and good on the franchise to reward him for it now.
[Reply]
tk13 01:25 PM 03-21-2021
He looked like a better hitter than ever last year. Who knows if he'll carry that through this contract, but he's an elite catcher and he'll help mentor all of our young pitchers.

There is definitely a bit of fan service there too for sure. Salvy is probably going to end up having his number hanging up there with Brett, Howser and White one day.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 02:08 PM 03-21-2021

The Royals have demoted Bobby Witt Jr., sources tell me and @alec_lewis. Will not open season in majors.

— Ken Rosenthal (@Ken_Rosenthal) March 21, 2021

[Reply]
Ocotillo 02:09 PM 03-21-2021

Bobby Witt Jr. will start the season in the minor leagues for Kansas City, as @Ken_Rosenthal and @alec_lewis said.

He shouldn’t be down for too long. Witt still hasn’t played above rookie ball. Likeliest spot for him is Double-A, where he’d play shortstop, 2B and maybe CF, too.

— Jeff Passan (@JeffPassan) March 21, 2021

[Reply]
BWillie 02:11 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
Thank god
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 02:51 PM 03-21-2021
Assuming Rivero or Melendez emerge, Salvy will likely be DH'ing quite a bit for the last two years of that contract. I'm guessing we will not be extending Soler - which is fine. Santana can DH quite a bit next year, especially if Pratto has really turned things around at the plate.

On the Witt demotion, I think it's for the best. Truth is, we need to see if Lopez can figure things out at the plate, knowing he's going to provide fantastic defensive value in the mean time. If he doesn't figure things out, hopefully Isbel or Witt will be raking and pushing for a promotion.
[Reply]
Ocotillo 03:03 PM 03-21-2021

My brain is hurting reading comments about the Royals manipulating service time by sending Bobby Witt to the minors.

— JJ Cooper (@jjcoop36) March 21, 2021

[Reply]
BWillie 03:14 PM 03-21-2021
Originally Posted by Ocotillo:
There is not one team in the MLB stupid enough to start Bobby Witt Jr at this point of his career. Besides, he needs to go to the highs and lows of Milb baseball for at least a half a season. Look how we've jerked around Mondesi and Viloria.
[Reply]
Page 43 of 440
« First < 333940414243 444546475393143 > Last »
Up