6 Nick Loftin, SS
7 Kyle Isbel, OF
8 Khali Lee, OF
9 Jonathan Bowlan, RHP
10 Carlos Hernedez, RHP
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:42 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Mama Hip Rockets:
Edward Olivares with another dinger, a single, and 2 walks in 4 plate appearances today. Now hitting .380 in AAA. But please, by all means, keep starting Michael A. Taylor.

Time to bring him up.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:44 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Mecca:
Get rid of O'Hearn, put Soler back at DH okay Oliveras in right, doesn't seem difficult.

I’d be up for that.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 03:48 PM 05-19-2021
With Dozier not around to pile on for a while, it's time to look at Soler.

He's played all 41 games and is hitting .193, .615 OPS
3 HRs 3!

WTF
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 03:54 PM 05-19-2021
Soler has been BRUTAL on days he has played the field. I think is OPS is sub .400.

Sample size is small, but I think we've seen enough to know:

1) Ryan O'Hearn is not a viable major league hitter
2) Soler is, at best, an adequate RF (and that's being generous)

So... let's see someone else to RF (Merrifield, Olivares, don't care) and Soler as primary DH. See if that can get him going.

I think they're trying to limp through until Mondesi is ready (Mondesi to SS, Lopez to 2B, Merrifield to RF). I don't think they see Olivares as a viable CF defender in Kansas City, and I get that, but I'd rather see him in RF than Lopez at second.

:-)
[Reply]
Coach 04:02 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
Soler has been BRUTAL on days he has played the field. I think is OPS is sub .400.

Sample size is small, but I think we've seen enough to know:

1) Ryan O'Hearn is not a viable major league hitter
2) Soler is, at best, an adequate RF (and that's being generous)

So... let's see someone else to RF (Merrifield, Olivares, don't care) and Soler as primary DH. See if that can get him going.

I think they're trying to limp through until Mondesi is ready (Mondesi to SS, Lopez to 2B, Merrifield to RF). I don't think they see Olivares as a viable CF defender in Kansas City, and I get that, but I'd rather see him in RF than Lopez at second.

:-)
Honestly, I do not see Lopez as an every day player at 2B at that. He's at worst, a utility and on the bench player.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 04:11 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
With Dozier not around to pile on for a while, it's time to look at Soler.

He's played all 41 games and is hitting .193, .615 OPS
3 HRs 3!

WTF
He's been extremely disappointing this year. Probably the most frustrating player on the team, because the guys in front of him are getting on base.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 04:15 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I wouldn't have signed Dyson, and let Olivares have that spot. Dyson has been fine, don't get me wrong. But we aren't winning the WS. let the young guy have the spot and develop.
I wouldn't have signed Dyson or Taylor. Both horrible signings. (Although, admittedly, Dyson has been fine so far this year.)
[Reply]
Mecca 04:17 PM 05-19-2021
The Royals talk out of both sides of their mouth. They'll harp on defense as you why guys like Lopez and Taylor keep playing but then follow that by putting Soler in the field.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 04:57 PM 05-19-2021
I wouldn't have signed Dyson or Taylor. Both horrible signings. (Although, admittedly, Dyson has been fine so far this year.)

They weirdly didn’t have a CF with the range to play CF at the K ready for MLB. They had a lot of corner guys you’d hold your breath on in CF, so I get signing one of those guys.

They also bet big on Taylor’s physical tools. Which has obviously not paid off.

Mondesi to CF - if he can hack it tracking fly balls - would make things look better there.
[Reply]
Coach 05:06 PM 05-19-2021
He's been extremely disappointing this year. Probably the most frustrating player on the team, because the guys in front of him are getting on base.
The problem with Soler is that he's pulling everything. But at the same time, he's also just "unlucky" right now, since his BABIP is .264. Usually the average is .300.

Case in point, last night he smoked a grounder at the 3rd baseman, but somehow the guy managed to "bare" hand the ball and threw him out. Soler's exit velo is at an average of 94.0, which is slightly above of his average of 92.3, but not outrageous.

At some point, there has to be a correction to the mean, meaning he should get better luck (hopefully).
[Reply]
Mecca 05:23 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by Coach:
The problem with Soler is that he's pulling everything. But at the same time, he's also just "unlucky" right now, since his BABIP is .264. Usually the average is .300.

Case in point, last night he smoked a grounder at the 3rd baseman, but somehow the guy managed to "bare" hand the ball and threw him out. Soler's exit velo is at an average of 94.0, which is slightly above of his average of 92.3, but not outrageous.

At some point, there has to be a correction to the mean, meaning he should get better luck (hopefully).
The means are all screwed up now. The shift has lowered BABIP. Everyone throwing gas has also, matter of fact just balls in play is on a sharp decline.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:18 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Dyson starts one day a week and is mainly used as a pinch runner and defensive replacement. You would rather have your prospect sit his ass on the bench most of the time in Kansas City instead of getting reps in Omaha?
He would also play RF instead of putting Soler there. Soler should never set foot in the OF, ever. You could also use him as DH some days as needed. And have Taylor be utilized less.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 07:56 PM 05-19-2021
As a Lacy got back on track today with a good start.

5 IP, 6 K, just 2 BB (which have been his issue so far this year).
[Reply]
tk13 08:38 PM 05-19-2021
Corey Kluber just threw a no-hitter for the Yankees. At this rate we may break the MLB record for total no-hitters in a season this week. There's 4 months to go.

The modern record is 7 in a season. We're at 6. And that doesn't count Bumgarner.
[Reply]
Why Not? 08:45 PM 05-19-2021
Originally Posted by tk13:
Corey Kluber just threw a no-hitter for the Yankees. At this rate we may break the MLB record for total no-hitters in a season this week. There's 4 months to go.

The modern record is 7 in a season. We're at 6. And that doesn't count Bumgarner.
And, as a weird fact, since they couldn’t give them away last season, the Rangers gave out Kluber bobbleheads pre game. Hahahhaha.
[Reply]
Page 150 of 440
« First < 50100140146147148149150 151152153154160200250 > Last »
Up