ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Nzoner's Game Room>2020 NBA Offseason Thread
Sassy Squatch 07:15 AM 11-17-2020

Sources: After turning down an extension offer to become the first $50M a year player in league history, James Harden’s message to Houston is clear: Get me to Brooklyn. Rockets and Nets have been in contact, but there’s been no meaningful dialogue. https://t.co/qwJOQOxz5U

— Adrian Wojnarowski (@wojespn) November 17, 2020

Houston sports are bursting into flames.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:46 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I just found it funny of course who knows if Irving will be on the Nets this time next week.
I don’t think you make this deal and then move Irving.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:47 PM 01-13-2021
Have to wonder if Kyrie has been going apeshit recently just do the Rockets wouldn't trade for him.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:50 PM 01-13-2021
The fuck?

The Brooklyn Nets were always interested in acquiring James Harden but the deal became imperative in light of the situation with Kyrie Irving.

Kyrie is willing to sit out the year if need be those close to him are saying.

— Jason Dumas (@JDumasReports) January 13, 2021

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:52 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
The ****?

Oooh kaaay. I was clearly wrong. WTF?
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 03:53 PM 01-13-2021
Apparently he's really upset about Steve Nash being the coach.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 03:55 PM 01-13-2021
I’ve never liked Kyrie, outside of uncle drew Pepsi ads. I’m not sure why any team would sign his dumb ass.
[Reply]
dirk digler 03:56 PM 01-13-2021
The fuck?

Not surprised and the Nets could release him if he doesn't retire first. The guy is a headcase.
[Reply]
RustShack 03:56 PM 01-13-2021
I’m kind of interested in what the Cavs added. They started off 3-0 then have pretty much been without Love, Sexton, Garland, and Okoro since. Plus Porter Jr hasn’t played at al yet this year... those are all pretty much their best players other than Drummond.

Pretty young and talented.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:57 PM 01-13-2021
Assuming Kyrie Irving doesn't retire to become a social justice warrior and/or walk the earth like Caine in Kung Fu, the Nets essentially have a title on lock for as long as those three want to play together.

Sucks for LeBron and the rest of the league, but that's a super team that simply won't be beaten. At least he got the one last year.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 03:59 PM 01-13-2021
Also, the Rockets got virtually nothing for as good a player as James Harden is. He did make the situation untenable though with his behavior.

If Simmons was truly being offered up by Philly, it also does make me wonder whether the owner stepped in to stop that trade and go with the Nets instead out of a distaste for the way Morey exited. Simmons alone just about beats out the Nets package.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:02 PM 01-13-2021
I just get the sense he doesn't really give a shit about basketball. Surprised Nets are even still paying him with him showing up on social justice Zoom sessions during the games.
[Reply]
dirk digler 04:02 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by KC_Connection:
Also, the Rockets got virtually nothing for as good a player as James Harden is. He did make the situation untenable though with his behavior.

If Simmons was truly being offered up by Philly, it also does make me wonder whether the owner stepped in to stop that trade and go with the Nets instead out of a distaste for the way Morey exited. Simmons alone just about beats out the Nets package.
Yep. This isn't the NFL, NBA late 1st round picks aren't worth much.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 04:04 PM 01-13-2021
The NBA is a joke of a league.

Kyrie Irving just decides not to show up to work for weeks on end and nobody seems to care?

Imagine if Kelce just decided he wasn't going to play and went AWOL for weeks on end. He would get lambasted by the media and would become unsignable.

James Harden lets himself get as fat as Jon Gruden and whines about his situation in Houston, and teams bend over backwards to make a deal to send him to a contender.

No accountability whatsoever in the Association. Ownership needs to grow some ****ing balls.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 04:12 PM 01-13-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
Yep. This isn't the NFL, NBA late 1st round picks aren't worth much.
The Nets didn't even have to trade any elite talent for James Harden (a top 5 player and one of the best offensive players in the history of basketball). The picks they traded might be worth something down the road, but we can't even say that much right now.

It's just an absurd trade from a value perspective that in all likelihood ruins the competitive balance of the league for a few years similar to Durant's signing with the Warriors (again assuming that Kyrie Irving is actually interested in playing basketball). It's hard to believe the other teams couldn't have offered up more than this.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:14 PM 01-13-2021

Brooklyn has 3 open spots available.

The Nets have their $5.7M tax ML, the minimum exception and likely a $5.7M Disabled Player exception. https://t.co/w92QwNtJYp

— Bobby Marks (@BobbyMarks42) January 13, 2021

[Reply]
Page 8 of 12
« First < 45678 9101112 >
Up