ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 46
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Caleb Williams is destined to be a massive bust
penguinz 08:18 AM 03-01-2024

BREAKING: USC QB Caleb Williams has DECLINED to medical examinations with teams at the Combine and did not sign off on having his medical records shared
with all teams.

Williams is believed to be the first combine invitee ever to decline an examination, per CBS. pic.twitter.com/ipHqfxNBYJ

— MLFootball (@_MLFootball) March 1, 2024

[Reply]
Imon Yourside 04:23 PM 03-02-2024

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 07:59 PM 03-02-2024
I read that LaVar Williams doesn't want CaLonzo to sign an NFL rookie deal. Thank the Lord for Pat, because I wouldn't want to deal with this nonsense.

Whatever he IS, dude certainly isn't a lead of men.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 08:17 PM 03-02-2024
Originally Posted by Lzen:
I wouldn't care about the painting nails (Derrick Carr was trying to be Goth and did that, IIRC) but what is this about wearing dresses?
Maybe he is Scottish.
[Reply]
Chieftain 08:36 PM 03-02-2024
Painting your nails is a queerish trait. No man does that.
Crying to your momma in the stands after a loss, that's certainly not a masculine trait. Crying is fine as long as it is done inside the locker room. But in the stands, hugging your momma? What in the effing fück is that?
This guy has diva written all over him. A massive massive red flag. I would not draft him if I were in Poles' shoes. Better take a swing at Maye or Daniels.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:24 PM 03-02-2024
If you're Poles, and you pass on Caleb and the QB you take (keep?) ends up being worse than him, you not only run the risk of being fired. You run the risk of being universally booed and loathed by the next team that hires you in whatever assistant role.

It won't matter what else you do as GM of the Bears after that. Have consistently incredible drafts? Doesn't matter. You're still the GM who passed on Caleb Williams.

You know how Ryan Grigson is the GM who drafted Andrew Luck? No he's not. Nobody ever calls him that. They call him the GM who KILLED Andrew Luck.

That's your future if you think you're such hot shit and get too cute.
[Reply]
Bump 10:12 PM 03-02-2024
I for one want to see this guy bust harder than Ryan Leaf and Jemarcus Russel combined.

Acting like you deserve a piece of the ownership pie and acting like you're so good that you can choose what team drafts you. It would be very entertaining to see him bust out.
[Reply]
kccrow 10:13 PM 03-02-2024
I'd feel a lot better as a GM with one of my QBs being Drake Maye or Jayden Daniels, honestly. I don't have supreme confidence that Caleb is more talented and if he is then that talent divide is thin enough that I'd consider other aspects. What I do think is that Maye and Daniels are a bit less worrisome from a mental perspective. If I'm looking at upside, I think Maye is the guy. I'd have a really hard time right now in my thought process not taking Maye at #1.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:38 AM 03-03-2024
Williams has talent, no doubt. But he does not strike me as a leader of men. You really want to try to rally your team around a grown man crying to his mother after he lost a regular season college game? Sorry, not gonna do it. But the Bears will and that's why they are the Bears.
[Reply]
Chieftain 09:42 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
If you're Poles, and you pass on Caleb and the QB you take (keep?) ends up being worse than him, you not only run the risk of being fired. You run the risk of being universally booed and loathed by the next team that hires you in whatever assistant role.

It won't matter what else you do as GM of the Bears after that. Have consistently incredible drafts? Doesn't matter. You're still the GM who passed on Caleb Williams.

You know how Ryan Grigson is the GM who drafted Andrew Luck? No he's not. Nobody ever calls him that. They call him the GM who KILLED Andrew Luck.

When was the last time a talented QB that had these many red flags became a league superstar and had a long successful career?
[Reply]
trndobrd 09:53 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by RealSNR:

Don’t disagree, but refusal to release medical record and complete a physical is enough of a red flag that Bears fans might be capable of understanding.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 09:56 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by Eleazar:
Just armchair thinking here, but when you have a guy with super elite arm talent like this, but who doesn't take what the defense gives him at times, wouldn't you want to know how coachable he is?
Mahomes had the same issue. He could have remained the 2020's version of Brett Favre but he evolved into a better version of himself. Maybe Caleb will evolve?

Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I like boobs. They're my favorite thing.
Best post on CP since we won the SB!
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:57 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by Chieftain:
When was the last time a talented QB that had these many red flags became a league superstar and had a long successful career?
Off the top of my head, Cam Newton.

Really hinges on what you consider red flags though.
[Reply]
Chieftain 10:03 AM 03-03-2024
Cam did not have a long career by any means. He was washed by age 30. And he was not a diva. Weird sense of fashion but not a diva.
Red flags are: painting your nails, crying to your momma, asking for ownership of the team who is about to draft you, refusing medical exams at the combine...
[Reply]
Perineum Ripper 10:15 AM 03-03-2024
All you guys worrying about painted nails would blow your brains out if you knew how many guys in JSOC paint their toenails
[Reply]
Pablo 10:31 AM 03-03-2024
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Williams has talent, no doubt. But he does not strike me as a leader of men. You really want to try to rally your team around a grown man crying to his mother after he lost a regular season college game? Sorry, not gonna do it. But the Bears will and that's why they are the Bears.
Jalen Hurts is in year 4 and they're openly talking about working him into more of a leadership role. Some guys have it. And some guys are incredibly talented but will never get the best out of the players around them. See Kyler Murray. Some guys cry into their mother's bosom and sulk and watch Friends reruns.

Boy there's just something about those Gooner Sooner QB's isn't there??
[Reply]
Page 13 of 46
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up