« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Skyy Moore Thread*****
Dante84 06:44 PM 04-29-2022
More to come!

Skyy Moore: 91.8 PFF Grade last season

�� 1st among all WRs in College Football

Patrick Mahomes has a new weapon �� pic.twitter.com/wtqsxNh0LR

— PFF Fantasy Football (@PFF_Fantasy) April 30, 2022

Patrick Mahomes is going to have a lot of fun throwing to Skyy Moore. Wins right off the line with great hands. Lots of smiles in Kansas City.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 30, 2022

New Chiefs (!!) WR Skyy Moore in #ReceptionPerception:

- Ranked 2nd among charted prospects in success rate vs. man (75%) and press coverage (75.7%)
- Led all prospects in success rate vs. zone coverage (88.1%)
- He can play inside and outsidehttps://t.co/HbifB61JlJ pic.twitter.com/HYsV8rlAzF

— Matt Harmon (@MattHarmon_BYB) April 30, 2022

With the 54th Pick in the 2022 NFL Draft the @chiefs Select @skyymoore24 ��⚪️ @NFLDraft @NFL @nflnetwork @WMU_Football @espn @SportsCenter @210ths pic.twitter.com/WOPtw9M5FP

— Prospect Media (@prospectmedia_) April 30, 2022

[Reply]
JPH83 09:16 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
It takes 3 years to get up to speed in this scheme.

Or two weeks if you're a legit talent, I guess.

Toney BLOWING past Moore on the depth chart and immediately making plays in this offense should go ahead and put the 'Andy Reid won't play young skill position players' myth to bed.

Moore simply hasn't forced the issue and made himself a part of the offense. In 2 weeks Toney damn sure has.

It wasn't ever Andy Reid - Moore simple isn't the talent so many of you claimed.
There's, what, 34 places between where Toney was picked and where Moore was. That's probably what we're seeing, the difference between an elite talent and a 2nd round one.

I agree that anyone thinking he'd immediately be a standalone WR1 was probably optimistic, and some of us maybe saw more in him than he's shown. But man, as a late 2nd pick I'm still hopeful.

He's obviously not going to be a difference maker this year, and next year we'll have to see how crowded the room is. But I think he can be better than you're expecting albeit worse than I was. I mean, we both thought Christian Watson was average and he looked pretty good the last game.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:17 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
skyy's gonna end up being the next DAT isn't he?
The Chiefs do have a long history of drafting skill position guys who only turn into gadget players. (and probably only ever projected to be gadget players)
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:18 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
The issue I have is just that he was a 2nd rounder. We seem to do really well hitting on non impactful position type guys in the 2nd/3rd ish rounds, but damn we need to hit on some skill guys.

As we talked all thru the trade deadline about pass rushers, LT's etc. Yeah, sure they can be found in those spots. But so far, it doesn't seem this regime has really hit on any.
I would have gone elsewhere too. But again writing him off now is just foolish. There are people in this thread that actually think the Moore we're seeing now is all we're ever going to see. That's asinine.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:19 AM 11-14-2022
I'm actually fine using a high draft pick on a raw player. But if you're gonna do that, you need premium upside from that player.

Moore doesn't have it. This is a guy who's peak is as a complementary player and who, ideally, is more of a 3rd WR on a strong offense.

You don't take THAT kind of player if he's raw, no. And frankly, I think that's where the Chiefs truly missed. I don't think they ever expected him to be this raw. Nor do I think his supporters expected it. They're simply rationalizing a pick that hasn't worked out thus far.
This isn’t the 2021 Chiefs. Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle are no higher on the depth chart than Skyy if they are on this team right now.

Juju and MVS are the top 2. That a given. Mecole is the seasoned vet who gets the nod as the gadget/speedster. Justin Watson is a vet that took time of his own to learn the league and is actually a very good complimentary receiver that Patrick talked up before camp.

And now they trade for an insanely talented former 1st rd pick that only fell to 20 bc he was in the same draft as Chase, Waddle and Smith.

This place has zero patience for any player. My God.

I get it though. I was sad watching my favorite player in the draft (Sam Williams) beat Aaron Rodgers up yesterday, but that doesn’t mean Skyy is a bust.

Some players take time and get better as they get more experience. Noah Gray is example numero uno.
[Reply]
O.city 09:21 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by RunKC:
This isn’t the 2021 Chiefs. Demarcus Robinson and Byron Pringle are no higher on the depth chart than Skyy if they are on this team right now.

Juju and MVS are the top 2. That a given. Mecole is the seasoned vet who gets the nod as the gadget/speedster. Justin Watson is a vet that took time of his own to learn the league and is actually a very good complimentary receiver that Patrick talked up before camp.

And now they trade for an insanely talented former 1st rd pick that only fell to 20 bc he was in the same draft as Chase, Waddle and Smith.

I get it though. I was sad watching my favorite player in the draft (Sam Williams) beat Aaron Rodgers up yesterday, but that doesn’t mean Skyy is a bust.

Some players take time and get better as they get more experience. Noah Gray is example numero uno.
I think the argument is....maybe don't take the guys that need that much time and experience in the 2nd round? I mean, "Noah Gray is example numero uno". Well yeah, he was a 5th round pick.

Especially one that profiles as more of a slot only type guy?
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:21 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
There's, what, 34 places between where Toney was picked and where Moore was. That's probably what we're seeing, the difference between an elite talent and a 2nd round one.

I agree that anyone thinking he'd immediately be a standalone WR1 was probably optimistic, and some of us maybe saw more in him than he's shown. But man, as a late 2nd pick I'm still hopeful.

He's obviously not going to be a difference maker this year, and next year we'll have to see how crowded the room is. But I think he can be better than you're expecting albeit worse than I was. I mean, we both thought Christian Watson was average and he looked pretty good the last game.
It's the difference between an elite talent and a 3rd round one.

2nd round talents do more than Skyy Moore is doing. Alec Pierce was a 2nd round talent, IMO.

We reached - shit happens. It was a wholly unforced error, IMO.
[Reply]
O.city 09:22 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I would have gone elsewhere too. But again writing him off now is just foolish. There are people in this thread that actually think the Moore we're seeing now is all we're ever going to see. That's asinine.
Yeah, he could still end up good, this year may just be an up to speed kind of year. That's ok for where we are at the WR spot at the moment.
[Reply]
TEX 09:23 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
skyy's gonna end up being the next DAT isn't he?
And that would be a huge miss if so, because Skyy was drafted in the 2nd, rather than the 4th round.

Comparing Skyy to our last WR drafted in round 2, Hardman looked much better, in every way, at the same point in his career.

It's early yet, and Skyy still could turn into a good player, but thus far he sure looks unimpressive.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 09:27 AM 11-14-2022

I truly see no basis for this argument at all.

I mean Byron Pringle and DeMarcus Robinson pushed themselves past Mecole Hardman on the depth chart. Pringle in particular.

Moore hasn't so much as kept his spot ahead of Justin Watson. He's certainly not ahead of Hardman whereas Pringle and Robinson were.

That's not something you hand-waive from a top 60 pick. This wasn't Noah Gray. Right now Moore has been the least productive WR taken in the first two rounds. He's been less producitve than guys like David Bell, Romeo Doubs and even Khalil Shakir who were taken after him (and Shakir has a tougher depth chart in front of him).

Be patient - fine. But to just continue to say "oh, well this should've been expected" is flat wrong. This is far less than you'd expect from a guy taken at 54. He's not forcing himself into the offense and his biggest contributions are typically mistakes.

That isn't par for the course for a 2nd round pick.
[Reply]
htismaqe 09:28 AM 11-14-2022

I mean Byron Pringle and DeMarcus Robinson pushed themselves past Mecole Hardman on the depth chart. Pringle in particular.

Moore hasn't so much as kept his spot ahead of Justin Watson. He's certainly not ahead of Hardman whereas Pringle and Robinson were.

That's not something you hand-waive from a top 60 pick. This wasn't Noah Gray. Right now Moore has been the least productive WR taken in the first two rounds. He's been less producitve than guys like David Bell, Romeo Doubs and even Khalil Shakir who were taken after him (and Shakir has a tougher depth chart in front of him).

Be patient - fine. But to just continue to say "oh, well this should've been expected" is flat wrong. This is far less than you'd expect from a guy taken at 54. He's not forcing himself into the offense and his biggest contributions are typically mistakes.

Can't disagree with this.
[Reply]
Eleazar 09:28 AM 11-14-2022
Originally Posted by TEX:
And that would be a huge miss if so, because Skyy was drafted in the 2nd, rather than the 4th round.

Comparing Skyy to our last WR drafted in round 2, Hardman looked much better, in every way, at the same point in his career.

It's early yet, and Skyy still could turn into a good player, but thus far he sure looks unimpressive.
Hardman was also overdrafted, also in the shadow of the possibility of losing Hill.
[Reply]
OKchiefs 09:28 AM 11-14-2022

Staylor can pipe in with his nonsense, but i’ll reiterate yet again that Gray was what, a 5th round pick? He’s exceeding expectations based on where he was drafted. Skyy Moore was a top 60 pick, comparing the two is apples to oranges.
[Reply]
Chieftain 09:30 AM 11-14-2022
It sucks to say this but Skyy looks to be another Conley or Albert Wilson type. A rotational receiver that will likely not crack the starting lineup as a regular.
Look at Pacheco. The guy is a rookie in Andy's system and is already the starter. He has been an impact player from day 1.
Hardman in his rookie year showed flashes and made impact plays. I just don't see it with Moore. Eye test tells me he will be a servicable backup.
Bert can't seem to hit on the WR talent. He overthinks the pick. Imagine Mclaurin and Pickens in this offense over Hardman and Moore.
[Reply]
TEX 09:30 AM 11-14-2022

Drop the mic. The end.
[Reply]
Rainbarrel 09:32 AM 11-14-2022
Hardman prolly only needed to beat out Dieter
[Reply]
Page 121 of 280
« First < 2171111117118119120121 122123124125131171221 > Last »
Up