ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 61 of 185
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The George Karlaftis Thread*****
Dante84 09:16 PM 04-28-2022
More to come!

What are the #Chiefs getting in George Karlaftis?

Had an NFC Personnel executive tell me “He reminds me of J.J. Watt, when Watt was coming out. An explosive and versatile playmaker who has a high motor and can line up at 3,5, or 7. Very strong kid” #NFL #NFLDraft pic.twitter.com/5qM3g6OrMr

— Matt Lombardo (@MattLombardoNFL) April 29, 2022

George Karlaftis was drafted with pick 30 of round 1 in the 2022 draft class. He scored a 9.23 RAS out of a possible 10.00. This ranked 116 out of 1503 DE from 1987 to 2022. https://t.co/iXXBvnoFJc #RAS #Chiefs pic.twitter.com/eZ9XjNRDUB

— Kent Lee Platte (@MathBomb) April 29, 2022

“I was sitting there the whole night hoping we’d be able to get you.”

Karlaftis gets the call �� pic.twitter.com/DRGBDekvnl

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) April 29, 2022

[Reply]
Coochie liquor 05:57 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by Chiefshrink:
The good sign is that a 1st rd pick dominated 1st, 2nd team offenses as he should being a 1st rd pick especially with a beat up Bear o-line. He did what he 'should have been done'. He reminds me so much of JJ Watt IMHO. Let's hope he can stay healthy.:-)
Different position, but he has a Zack Thomas vibe to me.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 06:08 PM 08-14-2022
greek freak is good

just leave it

also i think he’s a mix of jj watt, lawerence taylor, and aaron donald imo imho
[Reply]
JohnnyHammersticks 06:20 PM 08-14-2022
Originally Posted by JohnnyHammersticks:
…This kid is going to be one of the best defensive players in Chiefs history. Not just good, not just an all-pro...one of the best defensive players in the history of the franchise. Book it.
Tripling down on what I said the day after we picked him.

Some guys you can just tell. Watched lots of his film, simulated him to us every time he was available in all the mock drafts I ran, but it wasn’t until I saw his interviews after we picked him that it hit me how good he was going to be.

Fan favorite by the end of this year.

Might sound crazy now, but I think Karlaftis will end up raising Chris Jones’s game to another level. Intra-team competition for the top alpha dog brings out the best in guys like Jones.
[Reply]
Holladay 08:44 PM 08-14-2022
I like the idea that he didn't have a sack dance pre-planned. Stays humble and raise a fist or nothing after a sack. "This won't be the first time nor the last time".

I don't think showboating is in his nature...just doing a job.
[Reply]
BryanBusby 10:00 PM 08-14-2022
I really don't give a fuck if he air humped as a tribute to.banging your mother as long as he hits a QB.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:42 AM 08-15-2022
the knee jerk reaction to a TC photo is the dumbest post i've ever made on here

Here he uses the same move (with better technique) to pull former 2nd round pick Teven Jenkins off balance and more susceptible to his rip move. This results in him pressuring the QB in just under 2 seconds and actually hitting him in around 3. pic.twitter.com/RPMxEiLEcM

— Smartest Guy in the Zoom (@CBreezy_Edits) August 14, 2022

Finally, here’s my fav play so far. Expecting a chip from the TE GK slows down putting him in poor position with the LT. Using his knowledge that “1 arm is longer than 2” that so many DL coaches preach, he makes up the lost ground and BULLYS the LT back and crushes the pocket. pic.twitter.com/mjvV7LPtUP

— Smartest Guy in the Zoom (@CBreezy_Edits) August 14, 2022

Karlaftis is the guy who only throws 91 but is dedicated to the craft of being a Pitcher rather than a Thrower!!

— SmallBaller (@denverrefugee) August 14, 2022

[Reply]
TwistedChief 07:05 AM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Well, that's not true, but it's good to have you on Team GK, buddy. Missed you.
[Reply]
O.city 07:13 AM 08-15-2022
Man, he looked good. Much more bendy than I had expected.

He definitely is a little TJ Watt ish to me in terms of the situation he's been put in.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 07:30 AM 08-15-2022
I still can’t believe we were able to sit tight and grab him at the end of the first
[Reply]
MVChiefFan 07:36 AM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by smithandrew051:
I still can’t believe we were able to sit tight and grab him at the end of the first
I think it just goes to show you how many teams base decisions on stats and not true scouting like we seem to do. That’s how we grab so many mid to late round gems. Hopefully guys like Pacheco and Williams will fall into this category, too.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:56 AM 08-15-2022
So maybe some of you will... what's the phrase again.... oh, yeah, shut the fuck up... when you feel the need to judge a draft pick on draft night because HIS ARMS ARE TOO SHORT!!!!!!
[Reply]
smithandrew051 08:14 AM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by MVChiefFan:
I think it just goes to show you how many teams base decisions on stats and not true scouting like we seem to do. That’s how we grab so many mid to late round gems. Hopefully guys like Pacheco and Williams will fall into this category, too.
I thought for sure the Patriots were taking him at 29.

They took a third round OL instead. I’m fairly confident their fans will be questioning that one for years.
[Reply]
Kman34 08:40 AM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:

Quit trying to evaluate talent and guessing what goes on behind the scenes and you will be ok.. Otherwise you just look like a dipshit.. I will give you respect for admitting you were wrong. Thumbs up.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:45 AM 08-15-2022
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
So maybe some of you will... what's the phrase again.... oh, yeah, shut the **** up... when you feel the need to judge a draft pick on draft night because HIS ARMS ARE TOO SHORT!!!!!!
Talk about unrealistic expectations.
[Reply]
O.city 08:49 AM 08-15-2022
Seriously, his sack was....whew. The way he dropped his hips and turned on a dime.

That really shows he can bend and move. Jesus. That was impressive. Yeah yeah, I know it wasn't around the edge bend but that's essentially the same thing. If he can do that what he showed, from the LDE spot....whew.
[Reply]
Page 61 of 185
« First < 11515758596061 6263646571111161 > Last »
Up