ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 15 of 41
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Call Your Shot: Who's the Chiefs first pick?
staylor26 09:14 AM 04-19-2024
Rule: You can change your answer up until next Thursday!

This might be the toughest year yet for this. I can see so many different possibilities, especially considering that I think there's a solid chance the Chiefs trade up.

Edit: It's draft day and I'm changing my pick!

Amarius Mims, OT, Georgia

There's way too much smoke about the Chiefs trading up and/or them targeting a LT. I'm going with a guy that I think could make it into our range, who also has the kind of upside that would have Veach itching to make a move to go get him.
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 08:50 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I want them to do that, but I really hope they don't. Super Squatch broke it down as to why we seriously need a tackle in the first round this year. If we take a receiver, it's going to put us in a bind with the O-Line a season or two down the road, and with the depth at receiver this year we should hold off for one until the second round.

I'd love any of BTJ, Mitchell, McConkey, Worthy, or Franklin (even though I'm reading he's like a third round talent??) as the pick, but the Chiefs should make the smart play Thursday.
It would sure be nice to take a first round WR for the first time in a zillion years though. Taking one in the late 2nd hasn't generally worked out that great.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 08:53 AM 04-22-2024
I hope Buffalo drafts a 160 lb. WR. We'll get to see another Bill die on the field.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 10:10 AM 04-22-2024
Can we get a poll going?
[Reply]
SAGA45 10:27 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by ThrobProng:
I hope Buffalo drafts a 160 lb. WR. We'll get to see another Bill die on the field.
Nah bruh. This ain't it.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 10:29 AM 04-22-2024
I really feel the Bills are locked in on Xavier Worthy. They're dreaming about Worthy's speed and Allen's cannon arm making Madden plays for them.
They have the worst starting WRs in football currently. Shitkur and Curtis Samuel is awful as the top 2 targets. Two numbers 3s starting :-)
[Reply]
Jerm 10:32 AM 04-22-2024
I really feel the Bills are locked in on Xavier Worthy. They're dreaming about Worthy's speed and Allen's cannon arm making Madden plays for them.
I think they take McConkey or Franklin if they stay at 28....
[Reply]
Womble 10:59 AM 04-22-2024
Realistically which teams are going to entertain us with a trade in the first round? Even the top NFC teams don't want us to strengthen on the basis that they'll probably be facing the Chiefs in the Super Bowl if they get there. I don't for one moment think the Eagles are going to do a trade with the Chiefs and the Vikings are going to use their later first round pick to try and move up and take a QB. The Rams have 11 picks so that makes them unlikely. Perhaps Pittsburgh?
[Reply]
staylor26 11:09 AM 04-22-2024
The Bills like size, and their WR room is extremely small now. No way they take Worthy.
[Reply]
Direckshun 11:12 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by Womble:
Realistically which teams are going to entertain us with a trade in the first round? Even the top NFC teams don't want us to strengthen on the basis that they'll probably be facing the Chiefs in the Super Bowl if they get there. I don't for one moment think the Eagles are going to do a trade with the Chiefs and the Vikings are going to use their later first round pick to try and move up and take a QB. The Rams have 11 picks so that makes them unlikely. Perhaps Pittsburgh?
Pitt needs offensive linemen even worse than we do.

I think it's extremely likely the Chiefs stay put at 32, or they completely overpay to move into the early 20s if a guy falls.
[Reply]
TwistedChief 11:34 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
The Bills like size, and their WR room is extremely small now. No way they take Worthy.
I don't see how they don't take Mitchell. He seems a good fit there.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:37 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
I don't see how they don't take Mitchell. He seems a good fit there.
I could see them trading up for BTJ out of fear of getting jumped again, but yea, it's likely Mitchell if they stay put.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:45 AM 04-22-2024
I could see them trading up for BTJ out of fear of getting jumped again, but yea, it's likely Mitchell if they stay put.
That's how I see us getting Mitchell if we end up with him.

If the Bills don't trade up, we don't get Mitchell - he's going to Buffalo. But if Buffalo trades up for BTJ, I could see Mitchell sliding the rest of the way to us.

Dallas still feels like a good trade-up candidate if that happens and we get a little skittish.
[Reply]
staylor26 11:48 AM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's how I see us getting Mitchell if we end up with him.

If the Bills don't trade up, we don't get Mitchell - he's going to Buffalo. But if Buffalo trades up for BTJ, I could see Mitchell sliding the rest of the way to us.

Dallas still feels like a good trade-up candidate if that happens and we get a little skittish.
Great point, because you really don't see many spots for Mitchell in the 20s outside of Buffalo.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:59 AM 04-22-2024
Yeah, I think Buffalo has a little PTSD from the McDuffie trade. I could see them overpaying a little to jump into the teens for BTJ.
[Reply]
ThrobProng 12:02 PM 04-22-2024
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
Nah bruh. This ain't it.
Speak for yourself. It would be must-see TV.
[Reply]
Page 15 of 41
« First < 51112131415 1617181925 > Last »
Up