ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 65 of 192
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Trade for OT Orlando Brown
Dante84 01:00 PM 04-23-2021
developing.

The #Ravens are trading LT Orlando Brown to the #Chiefs, per me and @MikeGarafolo. A new blindside protector for Patrick Mahomes.

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

Kansas City is trading its first-round pick Thursday night, along with three other picks in the 2021 and 2022 drafts, to the Baltimore Ravens in exchange for Pro Bowl OT Orlando Brown and one pick in the 2021 draft and another in 2022, per sources.

— Adam Schefter (@AdamSchefter) April 23, 2021

Full details: #Chiefs get:
Orland Brown, 2021 2nd and a 2022 6th rounder
Ravens get: 2021 1st, 3rd, 4th and 20221 5th

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) April 23, 2021

[Reply]
In58men 10:41 AM 04-25-2021
I don’t like the thought of using the tag, just leads to animosity from the players perspective.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:43 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chris Meck:
Back to the OP-

I'm still somewhat in shock that Veach was able to pull this trade off.

A 24 yr. old two time pro-bowler on his rookie deal PLUS #58 for what is essentially #31 + #94.

I mean...holy shit.

Yeah yeah, the fourth and we get next years....yeah yeah whatever.

Damn. I just didn't really think it would be possible.
Same here. I'm still in awe we were able to pull off this deal.
[Reply]
suzzer99 10:44 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
I don’t like the thought of using the tag, just leads to animosity from the players perspective.
Definitely not for 2 years.
[Reply]
Coogs 10:50 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Chief Pagan:
It was less than I was expecting. But at the moment, its still only a one year rental, right? Or, I guess more technically a one year rental with a potential to tag.

Which given our SB window is now nothing wrong with that. And KC should be in the driver's seat for locking him up. But they evidently don't have a contract in place. So its not like the trade itself locked up a great talent on a several year team-friendly deal.

That deal still needs to be made and will cost at some point.
I think in theory you can free up a large chunk of cap space with Frank Clark next season, and use that money to spend towards a deal with Brown. In a sense, we have a one year trial with Brown to see if he is the man at a cheap rate. Negotiate accordingly from there.
[Reply]
In58men 10:51 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Coogs:
I think in theory you can free up a large chunk of cap space with Frank Clark next season, and use that money to spend towards a deal with Brown. In a sense, we have a one year trial with Brown to see if he is the man at a cheap rate. Negotiate accordingly from there.
Should be restructuring Tyrann as well.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 10:52 AM 04-25-2021
This move feels like a late season MLB addition that puts you over the top. We countered our biggest weakness going into the draft. The one upside I think people are underestimating is our run game. I really think Clyde is going for 1,400 yards this season....

Plus off the left side we will be doing mad screens! I’m ready man lets go!
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:05 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Should be restructuring Tyrann as well.
Extend, not restructure.
[Reply]
bobhill 04-25-2021, 11:07 AM
This message has been deleted by bobhill.
tredadda 11:11 AM 04-25-2021
Do we have a cap hit this year for Fisher and Schwartz? If so would their cap hits come off next year?
[Reply]
RedinTexas 11:18 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
Extend, not restructure.
I'd expect that they want to get through the draft and those signings along with all the contract minutiae of the preseason first. Once they know what they have left to spend this coming season, they'll get busy trying to extend Brown. He's pretty cheap this year, but any extra money we can throw at him this year will lighten the cap hit in the following years. I'm sure they're also thinking that once Andy and Patrcik get him into the fold, he'll be happier with the Chiefs and more willing to bargain a bit in order to stay.
[Reply]
comochiefsfan 11:23 AM 04-25-2021
It's just SO nice to have that peace of mind that left tackle is solved.

I generally trust Veach to know what he's doing, but I'm not gonna lie, I was a little anxious with the idea of having a rookie or a washed up vet protecting Patrick's blindside.

Left Tackle is so important, and Veach went out and secured a great one. That's just a huge position to know that you don't have to worry about going forward.

Vrett Beach is the man.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 11:42 AM 04-25-2021
Brown will LOVE protecting PMII. Resigning him to the next contract will be a piece of cake. He's gonna enjoy going to 10 or 12 Superbowls.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 11:44 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by Hog's Gone Fishin:
Brown will LOVE protecting PMII. Resigning him to the next contract will be a piece of cake. He's gonna enjoy going to 10 or 12 Superbowls.
Yep. C'mon CP, 28....
[Reply]
smithandrew051 11:48 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by T-post Tom:
Yep. C'mon CP, 28....
At 1,000 posts, the Ravens are forced to throw in a 3rd round pick. We can do it!!!
[Reply]
Coogs 11:52 AM 04-25-2021
Originally Posted by tredadda:
Do we have a cap hit this year for Fisher and Schwartz? If so would their cap hits come off next year?
Over the cap shows a dead cap of right under $7 million for both of them this year, but nothing going forward. Clark will be about the same number next year, and the year after if we release him next year as a post June 1st cut. But that also frees up $19.5 million next year.

Jones and Mahomes also go up by about $50 million (20 for Jones and 30 for Mahomes) next year, so there is that too. Not sure how often we can push those tow down the road before we have to pony up a large chunk of that money each year.
[Reply]
mkp785 12:19 PM 04-25-2021
Over the cap shows a dead cap of right under $7 million for both of them this year, but nothing going forward. Clark will be about the same number next year, and the year after if we release him next year as a post June 1st cut. But that also frees up $19.5 million next year.

Jones and Mahomes also go up by about $50 million (20 for Jones and 30 for Mahomes) next year, so there is that too. Not sure how often we can push those tow down the road before we have to pony up a large chunk of that money each year.
We save 19 million by cutting Frank next year? Well there's the answer as to what we'll be drafting in the 2nd. Give me all the edges. Frank has OBJ's extension money right there.
[Reply]
Page 65 of 192
« First < 15556162636465 6667686975115165 > Last »
Up