ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 26 of 42
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Berry foot hurting him
ShowtimeSBMVP 01:10 PM 12-28-2018

Eric Berry didn’t practice today as “his foot was bothering him,” per Andy Reid.

— BJ Kissel (@ChiefsReporter) December 28, 2018

Eric Berry’s foot was bothering him so no work today for him. Not encouraging for his ability to play Sunday or beyond

— Adam Teicher (@adamteicher) December 28, 2018

Eric Berry did not practice for #Chiefs today. Calf/heel was sore and they backed him off, Andy Reid says.

— Matt Derrick (@mattderrick) December 28, 2018

[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 01:51 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by penchief:
That's an entirely separate argument that doesn't detract from the Berry question.

That said, Dorsey wasn't perfect but one has to wonder if we'd be better off had we kept Dorsey over Berry. Dorsey has been killing it in Cleveland.
Dorsey hamstrung this team with some really bad contracts. Really isn't that big a deal considering Veach is committing the same sins, I guess.
[Reply]
penchief 01:54 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Dorsey hamstrung this team with some really bad contracts. Really isn't that big a deal considering Veach is committing the same sins, I guess.
Agreed, but even considering his misses/reaches in the draft, the dude has an eye for talent.
[Reply]
In58men 01:54 PM 12-30-2018
So is he out?

Day to day?

Tweet to tweet?

What’s the status? Broken spirit still?
[Reply]
TRR 01:54 PM 12-30-2018
Berry inactive for today. What a joke.
[Reply]
dlphg9 01:56 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by TRR:
Berry inactive for today. What a joke.
Lololololololol, never would have imagined this!
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:56 PM 12-30-2018
Because we can discuss various solutions to the problem such as cutting underperforming players and new players to bring into the system and new defensive coaching staffs and the correlating scheme changes they may implement.
Yeah because there’s so many variations on “fire Sutton, hire Bowles”. You know that’s BS and so do I.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:58 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by penchief:
That's an entirely separate argument that doesn't detract from the Berry question.

That said, Dorsey wasn't perfect but one has to wonder if we'd be better off had we kept Dorsey over Berry. Dorsey has been killing it in Cleveland.
He should be killing it in Cleveland. He walked into a sweetheart situation with a bunch of high draft picks.
[Reply]
RunKC 02:03 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He should be killing it in Cleveland. He walked into a sweetheart situation with a bunch of high draft picks.
Yup. Dorsey lucked into a Royal Flush this year while Veach was dealt a One pair.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 02:04 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah because there’s so many variations on “fire Sutton, hire Bowles”. You know that’s BS and so do I.
Bullshit. There are plenty of other options both for players and for DC. I sure as shit don't want Bowles.
[Reply]
In58men 02:04 PM 12-30-2018
Full list of Chiefs inactives vs. Raiders:

WR Sammy Watkins
OL Kahlil McKenzie
OL Jimmy Murray
S Eric Berry
RB Spencer Ware
TE Deon Yelder
LB Tanoh Kpassagnon
[Reply]
FAX 02:05 PM 12-30-2018
I'm not sure I see all that "killing" that Dorsey is doing in Cleveland, actually.

Had to fire his HC and OC, had to bench is starting QB, had to trade or cut key players who were expected to contribute, etc.

He will probably kill it though ... the Browns' cap, that is. Unless the owner wiretaps his office to prevent him from going completely crazy.

FAX
[Reply]
KChiefs1 02:06 PM 12-30-2018
The spirit wasn’t willing I guess.
[Reply]
penchief 02:07 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by FAX:
I'm not sure I see all that "killing" that Dorsey is doing in Cleveland, actually.

Had to fire his HC and OC, had to bench is starting QB, had to trade or cut key players who were expected to contribute, etc.

He will probably kill it though ... the Browns' cap, that is. Unless the owner wiretaps his office to prevent him from going completely crazy.

FAX
I'm mostly referencing his player personnel moves. He took a lot of criticism for taking Mayfield and Ward over others on the board but it turned out he nailed it. Chubb was another great pick.

I guess I just miss the comfort of knowing that our drafts were going to be good under Dorsey.

Please don't mistake my observations as dislike for Veach. I have high hopes for Veach and believe he will end up a good one.
[Reply]
Bugeater 02:08 PM 12-30-2018
That's the nature of today's NFL. Either give them ridiculous contracts or get crucified when they walk.
[Reply]
GloryDayz 02:08 PM 12-30-2018
Originally Posted by JakeF:
That should be the cover page for ChiefsPlanet.com

Fantastic post.

Something just isn't right, nobody on the team saying anything means that Berry is doing this to me. The team treated him like a king and he is still pouting. Either that or he's just been waiting for a big payday before quitting on the team all along.

Hindsight, the team should have let Houston and Berry walk and just collected the comp picks. That's 33 million per year of salary cap space plus some decent comp picks.

To be fair to Houston though, if his dumbass DC would have figured out earlier to put him on the line of scrimmage his production would have been much better. Still not worth 20m, but better.

Another strike against Bob Sutton, it took him 3/4 of the season to realize that Houston's bum knee was a liability in open field but he could still be damn good on the line of scrimmage. We'll see if Sutton has the brains to leave him there.
For a guy who told all of us about his cancer, it's interesting that Haglunds is just too personal.

In b4 "tinfoil hat required"... :-)
[Reply]
Page 26 of 42
« First < 162223242526 2728293036 > Last »
Up