ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 19 of 112
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
Kiimo 08:14 AM 05-08-2022
Correct me if I'm wrong but I didn't see this particular one posted and I think it's even better

.@_jross8 in red �� pic.twitter.com/xxTzh6lxdg

— Kansas City Chiefs (@Chiefs) May 7, 2022

[Reply]
O.city 08:22 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by TwistedChief:
OMG this. “Better WR groups in the league.”

What’s going on on this board? Have people gone crazy? We have no proven WR1 on the roster. We’ve taken a lot of decent fliers on players with upside. We have the best QB in the league.

But these guys with a hyperaverage QB like, say, Kirk Cousins would strike fear in absolutely no one.
For sure

But this is the reality of having Mahomes and paying him what we do. It’s a draft develop and determine situation for our offensive weapons at this point. Or lesser deals like MVS.

Obviously I’d love to have a real true #1 like Tyreek still. But situations are what they are.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 08:24 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
After watching him practice today, I’m exceeding my expectations now. Next Randy Moss and you can’t tell me otherwise. I’m already at this point.
I said he was randy miss the second he signed here. I’m glad others are thinking the same!!! Welcome aboard
[Reply]
Kiimo 08:30 AM 05-08-2022
Calling him Randy Miss is going to be real funny if he doesn't pan out
[Reply]
saphojunkie 09:09 AM 05-08-2022
I am not suggesting they IR him for health reasons. Simply that they have a tendency to stash young players who need development. I just don’t think he’s going to get a ton of reps while they also work in another rookie.

I am just saying, if he goes on IR, twitter will be full of people saying he is cursed and can’t stay healthy and I won’t buy it.
[Reply]
Kiimo 09:32 AM 05-08-2022
I think fans just want him to have the same chance to make the team this season if he’s healthy. If he really is a first round talent who no longer has health issues I’m not sure what another year off is going to accomplish.

I’d rather he just make the team immediately and get rid of one of these other jags
[Reply]
Iconic 10:38 AM 05-08-2022
There's no reason to stash him on IR, this isn't a 2nd string rookie QB we are talking about... He's healthy with a decent set of months removed from his foot surgery. The only way he's getting better now is by building chemistry with Pat during whatever limited snaps he sees and the big one - experience. You don't get that riding the pine as a WR.

Let the kid EAT
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:39 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
I think fans just want him to have the same chance to make the team this season if he’s healthy. If he really is a first round talent who no longer has health issues I’m not sure what another year off is going to accomplish.

I’d rather he just make the team immediately and get rid of one of these other jags
Hey man, I hope he comes in and Justin Jefferson's all over the AFC's face.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:40 AM 05-08-2022

What’s going on on this board? Have people gone crazy? We have no proven WR1 on the roster. We’ve taken a lot of decent fliers on players with upside. We have the best QB in the league.

But these guys with a hyperaverage QB like, say, Kirk Cousins would strike fear in absolutely no one.
On paper, this is one of the better WR groups in the league. We have 2 established veteran #2 WRs in the NFL, a high end gadget WR with legit top 10 NFL burner speed and we drafted a guy with definite #1 WR upside snd got another guy as an UDFA that has elite #1 type upside (though it’s questionable if his body will stay healthy enough to realize that upside)

I see the comment of “one of the better WR groups” as nothing more than saying top half of the league. But obviously some see that comment more like “one of the best WR groups in the league.

It’s semantics and I’ll choose my words more carefully, going forward.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 10:43 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by Iconic:
There's no reason to stash him on IR, this isn't a 2nd string rookie QB we are talking about... He's healthy with a decent set of months removed from his foot surgery. The only way he's getting better now is by building chemistry with Pat during whatever limited snaps he sees and the big one - experience. You don't get that riding the pine as a WR.

Let the kid EAT
There absolutely is a reason, it just might not be preferable. There are only so many reps to go around. You're already working in a high profile rookie WR. Reid always has certain formations and plays specifically designed to work guys in, because they only have to learn that playbook section, and can you do that for two different guys? The 6th WR spot has to play special teams, and you might not want to risk the kid's spine for that. He missed an entire year of development while recovering from surgery.

It's not about "letting him heal more." It's about managing the roster and making sure that he gets the right amount of attention and development in the right way. that's all.

He could come in and start, who the fuck knows. He could end up being the best WR we added this offseason. I'm excited as fuck about him, I'm just - in the immortal words of Marcellus Wallace - contemplating the ifs.
[Reply]
JPH83 11:16 AM 05-08-2022

Yeah, I know it's the time of year to be excited so I guess to be expected. But people are massively over-estimating this group. Could it be great? Sure. But there are WR groups with better first and second options right now.
[Reply]
The Franchise 11:21 AM 05-08-2022
People seem to be forgetting that Kelce is our WR1.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:23 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by JPH83:
Yeah, I know it's the time of year to be excited so I guess to be expected. But people are massively over-estimating this group. Could it be great? Sure. But there are WR groups with better first and second options right now.
Nobody is saying they are the best.

Nobody is saying they are one of the best.
[Reply]
ShowtimeSBMVP 11:25 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Nobody is saying they are the best.

Nobody is saying they are one of the best.
Agree all people are saying is the WR as a whole is better then last year.
[Reply]
BossChief 11:40 AM 05-08-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
People seem to be forgetting that Kelce is our WR1.
This, too. He’s very rarely lined up in line, the majority of the time he’s split out to the slot or even out wide. Similar to how Tony was used. It’s also why Tony wanted WR money.

Kelce is essentially a WR with a TE title.
[Reply]
Page 19 of 112
« First < 91516171819 202122232969 > Last »
Up