ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 12 of 112
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs sign UDFA Justyn Ross
ShowtimeSBMVP 10:28 AM 05-02-2022

Clemson WR Justyn Ross is signing with the #Chiefs to their 90-man roster, per source.

Ross led the ACC in receiving as a freshman in 2018, ranked fifth nationally with 21.7 YPC and was second in receiving touchdowns. He also stands 6-3, 210 pounds. High quality addition for

— Jordan Schultz (@Schultz_Report) May 2, 2022

[Reply]
oldman 07:15 AM 05-03-2022
I don't expect much from this guy, but Veach is known for finding hidden gems. If he turns out to be a solid player, groovy. If not, cut him, it's as simple as that. Nothing ventured is nothing gained.
[Reply]
notorious 07:15 AM 05-03-2022
Watkins scoffs at his inability to stay healthy.
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:19 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by In58men:
It’s not about the playbook per-say, but having him take off the season to learn it is just an added bonus.
You've got a small window with a kid like this. If he's healthy and has any kind of the burst that made him once great - he has to get on the field. caveat: unless there is a trainers regimen that the team has been advised to take. Say, Ease him into contact physically to not break the glass. If that's the case then sure. But, not to "learn the playbook" so to speak. It's all about his health and physical recovery with how slow the team takes it. I wouldn't slowplay it unless he's just unable to recapture the physical aptitude back on the field.
[Reply]
redfan 07:37 AM 05-03-2022
Broke-dick vibes, good luck kid.
[Reply]
O.city 07:39 AM 05-03-2022
Say he stays healthy. Whats the likely scenario here on how he actually makes the team?

Practice squad this year, etc?
[Reply]
Fansy the Famous Bard 07:50 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
Say he stays healthy. Whats the likely scenario here on how he actually makes the team?

Practice squad this year, etc?
There's two things... he's not just gotta be heatlhy, but also recapture that physical potency that made him great. From the aptitude tests leading up to the draft, he obviously didn't have it. Yeah, he's recovering... but you still have to be able to regain the explosiveness. If he can, he's on the team... because the talent is that good. If not, then yeah the PS. Just worried he's "cleared" but has a long way to go physically.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:18 AM 05-03-2022
This guy rant he same 40 as Jason Avant. There is a path to success here, hopefully he can get healthier and more dynamic than he tested though.
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:21 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Fansy the Famous Bard:
There's two things... he's not just gotta be heatlhy, but also recapture that physical potency that made him great. From the aptitude tests leading up to the draft, he obviously didn't have it. Yeah, he's recovering... but you still have to be able to regain the explosiveness. If he can, he's on the team... because the talent is that good. If not, then yeah the PS. Just worried he's "cleared" but has a long way to go physically.
This guy just has to beat the dudes out for those last two WR spots on the roster. It's not like he has an uphill battle against amazing players.
[Reply]
O.city 09:34 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
This guy just has to beat the dudes out for those last two WR spots on the roster. It's not like he has an uphill battle against amazing players.
He's really gotta beat out the dudes up higher though, I doubt he's gonna play much special teams.
[Reply]
Kman34 09:37 AM 05-03-2022
I would guess Powell is the odd man out.. Dieter maybe.. but who knows..
[Reply]
The Franchise 09:39 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's really gotta beat out the dudes up higher though, I doubt he's gonna play much special teams.
Then like you said....have your cornerbacks and safeties play STs.

I'm tired of Toub getting dedicated roster spots for his guys.
[Reply]
chiefforlife 09:49 AM 05-03-2022
Im rooting for the guy. I doubt they would let him play STs so he will have to earn his way without that being part of it. Makes it a little more difficult for him.

I would love to see him come in and show out. He is exactly the kind of WR I was hoping to draft. Would be excellent for the Chiefs and Justyn if he turns out to be that guy!
[Reply]
JPH83 09:49 AM 05-03-2022
Then like you said....have your cornerbacks and safeties play STs.

I'm tired of Toub getting dedicated roster spots for his guys
Agreed, I know there was some stuff around him not having more than the league average for ST specific players or something, but I don't care. Unless our ST unit is absolutely killing it, forget it Toub.
[Reply]
Shaid 09:52 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
weak and slow

That's looks like shit, I guess we'll see.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 09:56 AM 05-03-2022
Originally Posted by Shaid:
That's looks like shit, I guess we'll see.
It's all dependent on him getting healthier? Obvious theyre hoping for an uptick. His current state is a stretch to make it.
[Reply]
Page 12 of 112
« First < 289101112 131415162262 > Last »
Up