ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3614 of 3903
« First < 2614311435143564360436103611361236133614 3615361636173618362436643714 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
dirk digler 08:24 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
Again, why are you so invested in this? Why not refocus that energy towards vaccination?
Yeah it makes no sense. HCQ + Zinc or whatever would be given to you in a hospital after you had Covid while you are racking up thousands of dollars or more in hospital bills.

How about instead take the free vaccine, stay out of the hospital and save the world.

Only a dumbass would pick the former.
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 08:27 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
I hadn't really thought about the vaccine requirements in terms of people who have recovered from Covid, and my 30 second search uncovered this one article about it.

https://www.nationalgeographic.com/s...cientists-urge

...that's one of the more interesting debates about all of this, IMO, because just like with the vaccine, it's not about whether you can get Covid again, but about your chances of being hospitalized for Covid the 2nd/3rd/nth time.

Granted, I think you'd still need a good reason not to get vaccinated beyond recovering from Covid, especially if the reality becomes proof of vaccine to do stuff.
I had Covid and I got vaccinated; the more defense, the better.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:36 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
Figured you'd recognize the taste considering it was your mom's ass it was in.
Nice....OK, I'll have a beer with ya. That was good :-)
[Reply]
jdubya 08:40 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath15:
I certainly hope so, but I'm betting they'll just latch onto another reason.
I doubt it. Of course there will always be a small fraction that won't stick anything in their arms but once these vaccines are officially "FDA approved" I bet that will sway many. Heck, I think this Delta crap has suddenly made many nervous and running to get the shot too.
[Reply]
jdubya 08:51 PM 08-05-2021
That's political in your mind?
Thats not political in your mind?

No biggie. Lumping "patriots" and the "Don't tread on me" as non vaxxers sucking on an ET tube meme is kinda DC in my mind and we have several meme threads in the lounge and DC. IMO opinion it was/is political. I truly don't care but if I reciprocate with a meme I would bet a few bucks I would be banned because it is "political".

I am guessing that this thread was supposed to eliminate the teasing bickering, memes and bullshit and just be here for gentlemen talk of Covid. Maybe I am wrong?
[Reply]
dirk digler 08:52 PM 08-05-2021
I found out this evening my dumb ass ex wife who is also a nurse is quitting her job in September because they are going to mandate the vaccine at her work. She makes awesome money, works the day shift 3 days a week,, basically it is her dream job and now she is going to give that all up.

That is some next level dumb ass shit. I mean holy fucking shit. So glad I am no longer with that idiot.
[Reply]
Fish 08:59 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by dirk digler:
I found out this evening my dumb ass ex wife who is also a nurse is quitting her job in September because they are going to mandate the vaccine at her work. She makes awesome money, works the day shift 3 days a week,, basically it is her dream job and now she is going to give that all up.

That is some next level dumb ass shit. I mean holy fucking shit. So glad I am no longer with that idiot.
Ooof. Good luck explaining that to the next employer....
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:06 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by jdubya:
Thats not political in your mind?

No biggie. Lumping "patriots" and the "Don't tread on me" as non vaxxers sucking on an ET tube meme is kinda DC in my mind and we have several meme threads in the lounge and DC. IMO opinion it was/is political. I truly don't care but if I reciprocate with a meme I would bet a few bucks I would be banned because it is "political".

I am guessing that this thread was supposed to eliminate the teasing bickering, memes and bullshit and just be here for gentlemen talk of Covid. Maybe I am wrong?
Yeah, there won't ever be a defined line. We chatted in the mod lounge and all agree that it was pretty light.

If someone was in here day after day with thinly veiled political posts and had been warned a time or three... would that post put them over the edge? It could, but in a 'straw that broke the camel's back' sort of way.

And at this point, you're probably getting a warning or two unless it's really blatant.
[Reply]
wazu 09:09 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Bearcat:
Yeah, there won't ever be a defined line. We chatted in the mod lounge and all agree that it was pretty light.

If someone was in here day after day with thinly veiled political posts and had been warned a time or three... would that post put them over the edge? It could, but in a 'straw that broke the camel's back' sort of way.
Handling of this thread has been great. It's a difficult thing to navigate, because ultimately this pandemic has been tightly woven with politics. But at the same time it's the top story in just about everybody's every day. To outlaw it's discussion completely, or to vanquish it to D.C. would be a disservice to the CP community.
[Reply]
DaFace 09:16 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Handling of this thread has been great. It's a difficult thing to navigate, because ultimately this pandemic has been tightly woven with politics. But at the same time it's the top story in just about everybody's every day. To outlaw it's discussion completely, or to vanquish it to D.C. would be a disservice to the CP community.
Well, it probably helps that there are like 30 people banned from the thread at this point. :-)

Not for quite a while though. I think Pete and Donger were the last I think.
[Reply]
dirk digler 09:24 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Ooof. Good luck explaining that to the next employer....
Oh She will lie. She knows she can get a nursing job anywhere right now but she will be SOL when all the hospitals start mandating it.

It really is mind boggling
[Reply]
wazu 09:25 PM 08-05-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Well, it probably helps that there are like 30 people banned from the thread at this point. :-)

Not for quite a while though. I think Pete and Donger were the last I think.
DaFace, other than AustinChief, you are the biggest reason ChiefsPlanet works and thrives. Please keep up the great work.
[Reply]
wazu 09:26 PM 08-05-2021
Oh She will lie. She knows she can get a nursing job anywhere right now but she will be SOL when all the hospitals start mandating it.

It really is mind boggling
From my conversations with health professionals, I thought all hospitals had already mandated. Like, mandated last December. Surprised to hear this is a new thing anywhere.
[Reply]
jdubya 09:52 PM 08-05-2021

That is some next level dumb ass shit. I mean holy ****ing shit. So glad I am no longer with that idiot.
Just curious....what is her plan B? I live here in Ca and have buddy who is dating a "traveling" nurse from Michigan. She is out here in Ca 6-8 months a year making insane money. I wonder if that is what your ex is thinking?
[Reply]
RaidersOftheCellar 10:21 PM 08-05-2021
Again, why are you so invested in this? Why not refocus that energy towards vaccination?
I think there’s solid evidence that it’s a really good treatment, even in late stages. And I think it’s criminal that it was suppressed, rather than encouraged, which likely led to many unnecessary deaths.
[Reply]
Page 3614 of 3903
« First < 2614311435143564360436103611361236133614 3615361636173618362436643714 > Last »
Up