ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3517 of 3903
« First < 2517301734173467350735133514351535163517 3518351935203521352735673617 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Rain Man 01:50 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by DaFace:
Not sure if this is what you were seeing, but Public Health England has some preliminary calculations out regarding the variants:

https://assets.publishing.service.go...riefing_16.pdf

If I'm reading it correctly, Delta has a CFR or 0.3% vs. 2.0% for Alpha (see page 8), so that's somewhat good news at least. If that holds, we'll probably see cases continuing to be a problem, but in theory deaths shouldn't track as they have in the past.
2 percent CFR? That's frightening. Is that an age-controlled number?
[Reply]
NotDonger 02:03 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
Well, our CFR is 1.8% and IFR is ~.54%
[Reply]
TLO 02:04 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
That's for everyone across all age ranges - so all the young folks are mixed in with the folks in their 90s.
[Reply]
TLO 02:05 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
Well, our CFR is 1.8% and IFR is ~.54%
Sounds about in line with what the CDC was predicting.
[Reply]
NotDonger 02:16 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
Sounds about in line with what the CDC was predicting.
The last data I saw was that CDC had us at IFR of .7%, but yes, more or less.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 03:07 PM 06-18-2021
I'm about as anti mask as it gets but on the other hand mother fuckers need to get vaccinated so they don't fuck it all up again.
[Reply]
Kiimo 03:47 PM 06-18-2021
Not sure if this is the thread to do it but Cole Beasley is melting the fuck down on twitter right now about getting vaccinated and threatening retirement and his meltdowns are just full of hilarious ignorance.

So far it hasn't been political so I don't mind posting it here:

Everybody is so all in on science now more than I have ever seen. What happen to God’s will? https://t.co/rk50jjCKgm

— Cole Beasley (@Bease11) June 18, 2021

Public Service Announcement pic.twitter.com/XjQicdvnKm

— Cole Beasley (@Bease11) June 18, 2021

Cole Beasley thinks he’s a medieval peasant for some reason? pic.twitter.com/eF6SbfNlZw

— Patrick Daugherty (@RotoPat) June 18, 2021

[Reply]
MahomesMagic 04:12 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Not sure if this is the thread to do it but Cole Beasley is melting the **** down on twitter right now about getting vaccinated and threatening retirement and his meltdowns are just full of hilarious ignorance.

So far it hasn't been political so I don't mind posting it here:

I don't see how a discussion of this won't be political.

But I'll give it a shot. It will be interesting if Beasley is an outlier or if a sizable number of players agree with him.
[Reply]
wazu 04:20 PM 06-18-2021
Hopefully Cole is a mentor for Josh Allen.
[Reply]
Kiimo 04:21 PM 06-18-2021
He hasn't mentioned politics. Just a bunch of hokey stuff that borders on Christian Science and contradicts itself and is hypocritical in nature.

Politicizing the vaccine is idiotic. It was created by one party / president and distributed by the other. This isn't masks, it's science and shouldn't be involved in the mask/freedom/infringing on my rights discussion.

Also Cole Beasley is a moron.
[Reply]
eDave 04:36 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by Kiimosabi:
Also Cole Beasley is a moron.
Mostly for believing getting vaccinated prevents him from living his life.
[Reply]
DaFace 04:38 PM 06-18-2021
It would kind of be hilarious if the NFL sticks to their guns and Cole (and likely a few others) are sitting there on the sidelines with masks on the whole season. It would be fascinating to see how deep the resolve goes.
[Reply]
TLO 04:40 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
I'm about as anti mask as it gets but on the other hand mother ****ers need to get vaccinated so they don't **** it all up again.
We should have been mostly done with this by April in Missouri. Instead we now having rising cases. rising hospital admissions, etc. It's pretty frustrating.
[Reply]
TLO 04:42 PM 06-18-2021
SPRINGFIELD, Mo. —
Frustrated health officials in the Springfield area are imploring residents to get COVID-19 vaccinations as the faster-spreading Delta variant pushes case numbers and hospitalizations higher.

Random testing of virus samples have determined that the Delta variant, which is more infectious and potentially more deadly than other variants, has become dominant around Springfield and in much of southwest Missouri, Kendra Findley, administrator of community health and epidemiology with Greene County, said Thursday.

Administrators at the two largest hospitals serving the state’s southwestern region - Mercy and CoxHealth - are pleading with residents to get vaccinated because COVID-19 patient loads are increasing at a rate they have not previously seen during the pandemic, The St. Louis Post-Dispatch reported.

In Greene County, 36% of the population has begun vaccination. In most surrounding counties the figure is below 30%.

Erik Frederick, chief administrative officer at Mercy Hospital Springfield, said hospitalizations averaged in the teens a month ago but have increased until reaching 72 by Thursday. CoxHealth has seen similar numbers.

“Before, it took a few weeks or longer to ramp up like that,” Frederick said.

Many of the new patients are young, healthy adults and pregnant women, he said.

Finley said when the pandemic began, every person with the virus would infect about two people.

“With Delta, that estimation can be anywhere from five to eight. That is staggering,” she said.

Vaccinations are the most important tool against the variant, she said.

“It’s hard for this virus to move through a population if the population has some immunity against it,” she said. “Right now, we just don’t have that immunity, and it’s just burning through the population.”

The variant “has become prevalent” across the state, the Missouri Department of Health and Senior Services said in a news release this week.

As of Thursday, Missouri ranked second among states with most new cases per capita in the past seven days. Data from Johns Hopkins University showed one in every 1,487 people in Missouri was diagnosed with COVID-19.

Statewide, just 37% of Missouri’s population have been fully vaccinated.

Steve Edwards, CEO of CoxHealth, said the uptick in hospitalizations and cases could happen anywhere where vaccination rates are low.

“I think we need to be a harbinger for others,” Edwards said. “There is no reason to think what is happening in Springfield won’t happen across the country.”
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 04:49 PM 06-18-2021
Originally Posted by TLO:
We should have been mostly done with this by April in Missouri. Instead we now having rising cases. rising hospital admissions, etc. It's pretty frustrating.
Guess 500k+ dieing isn't enough to sway some people. I don't want to go back to a year ago.
[Reply]
Page 3517 of 3903
« First < 2517301734173467350735133514351535163517 3518351935203521352735673617 > Last »
Up