ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3513 of 3903
« First < 2513301334133463350335093510351135123513 3514351535163517352335633613 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***NON-POLITICAL COVID-19 Discussion Thread***
JakeF 10:28 PM 02-26-2020
A couple of reminders...

Originally Posted by Bwana:
Once again, don't come in this thread with some kind of political agenda, or you will be shown the door. If you want to go that route, there is a thread about this in DC.
Originally Posted by Dartgod:
People, there is a lot of good information in this thread, let's try to keep the petty bickering to a minimum.

We all have varying opinions about the impact of this, the numbers, etc. We will all never agree with each other. But we can all keep it civil.

Thanks!

Click here for the original OP:

Spoiler!

[Reply]
suzzer99 10:21 AM 06-15-2021
When you get travel shots like yellow fever they give you a little booklet you can show to customs.
[Reply]
DaFace 10:23 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Otter:
I was unaware vaccinated people were issued cards. My last vaccination was a TPAD booster and I didn't receive no stinkin' card.

Consider me enlightened.
I'm impressed that you managed to avoid discussion about vaccination cards until now. They've been a big topic of discussion about whether you'd be required to show them in certain situations (e.g., whether it's legal for employers to require them).

But yes, you definitely get a card with a COVID vaccine. Other vaccines too - I still have mine from when I was a kid somewhere.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:42 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
I received one for COVID Pfizer. I don't remember ever getting cards for other vaccinations, but then again most of them didn't require a follow-up shot a few weeks later.
Yeah, I feel like Yellow Fever is the only other one I've ever had a card for. Maybe some risks aren't geography specific?

My mother may have gotten a card for my childhood vaccinations, but that would be long gone now. I've gotten boosters in recent years and I think it only went into my electronic medical records. I can easily look them up through my health provider.
[Reply]
Fish 11:36 AM 06-15-2021
More evidence suggests COVID-19 was in US by Christmas 2019

A new analysis of blood samples from 24,000 Americans taken early last year is the latest and largest study to suggest that the new coronavirus popped up in the U.S. in December 2019 — weeks before cases were first recognized by health officials.

The analysis is not definitive, and some experts remain skeptical, but federal health officials are increasingly accepting a timeline in which small numbers of COVID-19 infections may have occurred in the U.S. before the world ever became aware of a dangerous new virus erupting in China.
[Reply]
Rain Man 11:39 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
More evidence suggests COVID-19 was in US by Christmas 2019

A new analysis of blood samples from 24,000 Americans taken early last year is the latest and largest study to suggest that the new coronavirus popped up in the U.S. in December 2019 — weeks before cases were first recognized by health officials.

The analysis is not definitive, and some experts remain skeptical, but federal health officials are increasingly accepting a timeline in which small numbers of COVID-19 infections may have occurred in the U.S. before the world ever became aware of a dangerous new virus erupting in China.

I remain curious about a flu that swept through my office and one of my clients in late December.
[Reply]
suzzer99 11:42 AM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by Rain Man:
I remain curious about a flu that swept through my office and one of my clients in late December.
I was too. But I got an antibody test when they first came out and nothing.

There was something weird that swept through late 2019. Lasted like a month, last two weeks were dry cough. But I don't think it was covid. No one was reporting loss of taste and smell and hospitals weren't filling up.
[Reply]
wazu 11:49 AM 06-15-2021
I had a cough and respiratory infection in January 2020 that one morning got so bad I went to urgent care as I couldn't get enough oxygen in. They did a breathing treatment, a flu test (negative), chest x-ray (no pneumonia). Ultimately discharged with a z-pac and steroids. I got better in next couple of weeks but was feeling it for a couple of months after when exercising. Weirdest was during COVID year I noticed I like hotter and hotter spicy foods, to the point of craving. I don't remember ever having smell or taste lost, but that development made me wonder if it was possibly lasting effects of an undiagnosed COVID infection.
[Reply]
Katipan 12:37 PM 06-15-2021
Same.
I slept for 2 days and my family doesn't usually let me sleep more than 3 hours.

My staff was decimated and one of my managers was in the hospital on oxygen.

All just went away.
Like a bad movie.
[Reply]
Fish 12:42 PM 06-15-2021
Around the same time, I was hit with a flu unlike anything I'd ever experienced before. The fatigue level was just off the charts. I'm usually not one to just hit the couch when I'm sick. But that one was very different. I still question whether I caught it then.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:43 PM 06-15-2021
The other weird thing to me is that once I got the covid vaccine, I immediately stopped getting some headaches that have been plaguing me. I mentioned it earlier in the thread. I thought the headaches were related to an earlier medical thing, but it was a really weird coincidence that they stopped immediately once I got the vaccine. And I've been reading that the vaccine helps with lingering covid symptoms. Now I'm seriously wondering.
[Reply]
NotDonger 12:50 PM 06-15-2021
The other weird thing to me is that once I got the covid vaccine, I immediately stopped getting some headaches that have been plaguing me. I mentioned it earlier in the thread. I thought the headaches were related to an earlier medical thing, but it was a really weird coincidence that they stopped immediately once I got the vaccine. And I've been reading that the vaccine helps with lingering covid symptoms. Now I'm seriously wondering.
Do keys stick to any part of your body?
[Reply]
KCUnited 12:53 PM 06-15-2021
I got hit with the flu end of December 2019 as well. First time in forever and I did lose taste. Only reason I even remotely remember is because I'm a fiend for kettle chips. My wife brought some new kind home that she knew I'd love and I couldn't taste them and was like WTF did you bring this trash home for?? Been destroying them ever since...in moderation of course.
[Reply]
Rain Man 12:57 PM 06-15-2021
Originally Posted by NotDonger:
Do keys stick to any part of your body?
Yes, but only after I go for long runs in hot weather. Maybe that's a Pfizer thing.
[Reply]
Kiimo 01:02 PM 06-15-2021
I had a horrible cough where I couldn't get oxygen and felt like I was going to suffocate for two weeks in late Feb 2020. Then I went to Solvang and partied which was basically the last thing everybody did before getting locked down. Several people I was with came down with what I'm sure was Covid because they couldn't smell or taste anything for weeks.

I'm pretty sure it was here.
[Reply]
TLO 01:05 PM 06-15-2021
I once had a fever in the year of our Lord nineteen and ninety nine. Pretty sure it was covid
[Reply]
Page 3513 of 3903
« First < 2513301334133463350335093510351135123513 3514351535163517352335633613 > Last »
Up