ChiefsPlanet Mobile
View Poll Results: Which System Do You Use?
Playstation 24 47.06%
XBox 9 17.65%
Nintendo 0 0%
PC 18 35.29%
Other 0 0%
Voters: 51. You may not vote on this poll
Page 225 of 256
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235 > Last »
Media Center>All Things Video Games & Game Reviews Part II
Gonzo 10:39 AM 08-31-2015
Hey all, you know the deal...
The other thread hit over 1,000 posts and we have server issues when that shit happens so here she be, a fancy new mega thread.

Anyway, just a quick rundown.

Post anything and everything gaming in here. Console games, handheld/mobile games or PC.

Playing something you love or maybe hate? Find a hidden gem on Steam? Let us know via a review. Try to make sure you give a good rundown on it. Graphics, sound, storyline, overall gameplay and replayability. Let's keep it at a 1-10 scale.

Thanks to all that left me awesome rep comments/posts and even pm's thanking me for the many reviews I wrote.
Just an FYI, developers do read our comments in here I guess. CD Projekt Red (of Witcher 3) was one that stopped by.

Anyway, thanks all for your input and as always, no griefing.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:10 AM 08-01-2023
Well, guess I may not get to play BG3 until Friday. There is no pre download and no updating early access. Fresh 120 gb install.

My rural 12 mb may get that done by Friday morning.
[Reply]
tredadda 11:51 AM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by Loneiguana:
Well, guess I may not get to play BG3 until Friday. There is no pre download and no updating early access. Fresh 120 gb install.

My rural 12 mb may get that done by Friday morning.
At least you get it Friday. My understanding, unless I missed it, is that us PS5 users won't get it until September.
[Reply]
Bump 05:16 PM 08-01-2023
Originally Posted by tredadda:
At least you get it Friday. My understanding, unless I missed it, is that us PS5 users won't get it until September.
yup, this game wasn't even on my radar a couple months ago now it's looking pretty damn interesting. But at least I can sort of see reviews of the game and watch some videos for a month and decide if I really want to buy it or not.
[Reply]
Imon Yourside 02:22 PM 08-03-2023
Is BG3 similar to Divinity Original Sin?
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:31 AM 08-04-2023
2 hours in. So far, I'm loving it.

Have the day off. A 2 liter bottle of water. And my all rush mix tape.

Let's. Go.
[Reply]
tredadda 10:01 AM 08-04-2023
2 hours in. So far, I'm loving it.

Have the day off. A 2 liter bottle of water. And my all rush mix tape.

Let's. Go.
Saw a YouTube review on it and it seems unbelievable. The depth of what you can do and the attention to detail get me stoked for it. Need you to provide a review when you get time with your thoughts.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:36 AM 08-04-2023
Saw a YouTube review on it and it seems unbelievable. The depth of what you can do and the attention to detail get me stoked for it. Need you to provide a review when you get time with your thoughts.
Will do.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 11:12 AM 08-04-2023
i played for a couple hours last night, really liked it and it was kind of different then the early release but a lot of the same stuff. All the new races you can play as is pretty crazy and so far there has been a lot of customization on how you can play. Really can't wait to get into it more this weekend.
[Reply]
Loneiguana 05:41 AM 08-05-2023
First day impressions are really good. There is a lot in BG3 to digest. I felt I went fairly slow as I learned how to to do things and I think I barely scratched the surface. Got about 8 hours in yesterday.

I'm enjoying a lot of the interface and ease of use. There are a lot of abilities and the game does make it easy to auto sort. Abilities buried in abilities took me a minute to figure out. It's a little overwhelming how much you can do. Jumping and shoving is a lot of fun.

I'm making the same mistake as I did in Divinty original sin 1; where I wonder into higher level encounters than I'm ready for. Its always been easy for me to get lost or wander too far in Larian Games starting out. It always takes me a bit to figure out my way around their maps.

Combat has been a lot of fun. The AI is smart. AI is doing things that have taught me some of the systems. I'm playing on regular difficulty and have had a few wipes. Loving the possibilities though. I'm beat Divinity 2 on the second hardest difficulty once I figured out the systems and really enjoyed the difficulty.

I like the animated dice rolls. Those are fun. Conversation choices are well written and offer a good amount of choice.

I need to figure out how to see under the hood a bit more and to remember to inspect enemies. I'm very use to the pathfinder games and how much they let you see dice rolls, modifiers, and and all that. I'm sure the info is there, I just need to make us of it. And learn which spells and abilities are very much needed and to pre buff a bit.

There are a lot of cut scenes and narrative. Writing is top notch. The narrator/DM is a very nice touch. I'm excited to see the story as I get further into the game and the cut scenes that will go with it. The player character is a bit awkward in the cut scenes and there are a few glitches.

I've never fallen in love with larians origin characters. And the same holds true here so far. They are passable and fun to play, but I'm just never liked their personality too much.

For context on my experience:
Pathfinder wrath of the righteous- 450 hours
Pathfinder kingmaker - 300 hours
Skyrim - 300 hours
Witcher - 250 hours
Divinity 2 - 200 hours
[Reply]
Loneiguana 08:37 AM 08-05-2023
I'll also add that the magic system is satisfying. Like some reviews of FPS talk about how satisfying it is to shot certain weapons. That's the feeling I got from the magic system.

Sleep and hold person were fun to cast and watch play out, for low level spells. The animation got a dilemma out of me, especially sleep.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:54 AM 08-05-2023
First day impressions are really good. There is a lot in BG3 to digest. I felt I went fairly slow as I learned how to to do things and I think I barely scratched the surface. Got about 8 hours in yesterday.

I'm enjoying a lot of the interface and ease of use. There are a lot of abilities and the game does make it easy to auto sort. Abilities buried in abilities took me a minute to figure out. It's a little overwhelming how much you can do. Jumping and shoving is a lot of fun.

I'm making the same mistake as I did in Divinty original sin 1; where I wonder into higher level encounters than I'm ready for. Its always been easy for me to get lost or wander too far in Larian Games starting out. It always takes me a bit to figure out my way around their maps.

Combat has been a lot of fun. The AI is smart. AI is doing things that have taught me some of the systems. I'm playing on regular difficulty and have had a few wipes. Loving the possibilities though. I'm beat Divinity 2 on the second hardest difficulty once I figured out the systems and really enjoyed the difficulty.

I like the animated dice rolls. Those are fun. Conversation choices are well written and offer a good amount of choice.

I need to figure out how to see under the hood a bit more and to remember to inspect enemies. I'm very use to the pathfinder games and how much they let you see dice rolls, modifiers, and and all that. I'm sure the info is there, I just need to make us of it. And learn which spells and abilities are very much needed and to pre buff a bit.

There are a lot of cut scenes and narrative. Writing is top notch. The narrator/DM is a very nice touch. I'm excited to see the story as I get further into the game and the cut scenes that will go with it. The player character is a bit awkward in the cut scenes and there are a few glitches.

I've never fallen in love with larians origin characters. And the same holds true here so far. They are passable and fun to play, but I'm just never liked their personality too much.

For context on my experience:
Pathfinder wrath of the righteous- 450 hours
Pathfinder kingmaker - 300 hours
Skyrim - 300 hours
Witcher - 250 hours
Divinity 2 - 200 hours
Very good review and thank you for that. Some questions, you mentioned wandering too far and getting into encounters that you weren’t ready for, how easy is it to do there? Does the game try to steer you into areas comparable to your level while giving you the freedom to roam? Also do enemies scale with you? I have never played a Larian game, so not sure on how they do that.

Also from a review I saw on YouTube they mentioned magic takes a while to recover and you have to rest a long time to do that. What’s that dynamic like? What I mean is when it comes to resting, is it a relatively easy thing to do? If not, how prohibitive is it for magic users? Not sure if you are far enough to answer yet and again, appreciate the review.
[Reply]
TambaBerry 10:00 AM 08-05-2023
Very good review and thank you for that. Some questions, you mentioned wandering too far and getting into encounters that you weren’t ready for, how easy is it to do there? Does the game try to steer you into areas comparable to your level while giving you the freedom to roam? Also do enemies scale with you? I have never played a Larian game, so not sure on how they do that.

Also from a review I saw on YouTube they mentioned magic takes a while to recover and you have to rest a long time to do that. What’s that dynamic like? What I mean is when it comes to resting, is it a relatively easy thing to do? If not, how prohibitive is it for magic users? Not sure if you are far enough to answer yet and again, appreciate the review.
You get two short rests and then you have to long rest. It's easy to do. The spells will tell you what they take up. Like I believe I get 4 level one spells per short rests and 2 level 2 spells per short rests. I have one spell that I get two uses out of per long rest. You just have a camp that you can go to and long rest. There are travel points all over the map so it's easy to get back to where you were
[Reply]
Loneiguana 10:04 AM 08-05-2023

I find it fairly easy to do until you get a bit use to Larian Games and how they structure their quests. For example, in divinty orginal sin 1, just leaving by one side of town immediately put you a fight above your level. You go out on the other side of town, and you do fine.

I'm kind of getting that feeling here. I went out to explore when I should have stayed and talked and finished some quests in the starting hub. A few levels means a lot.

So far I wouldn't say fights are numerous, so no frustration running into level 5 enemies at level 3. Only downside was going back across the map. There is a way point system, and I need to better learn it.

If you pay attention to your quest log and dialouge, the game will steer you where you should go, but it also doesn't not care one bit whether you do. It has a lot of freedom.

No scaleable enemies.

The magic system is DnD, pathfinder. You have x number of spell slots, which equal 1 use. So, if you want to cast grease more than once a rest, you have to slot it again. It can seem restrictive at first and in early levels, but you learn to work with it. You gave zero level spells that you can cast unlimited. Also, scrolls and potions.

You get more spell slots as you level up.

Resting takes you to your camp. Not sure on all the mechanics yet, outside party control and talking to your followers. Need supplies to rest.

I don't think you can spam resting like on older dnd games, but there also isn't a timer countdown on some quests, nor tracks time of day as strictly as the pathfinder games.

Like in pathfinder, I'm hoping there are some feats and equipment that gives you extra spell slots.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:30 AM 08-07-2023
Originally Posted by TambaBerry:
You get two short rests and then you have to long rest. It's easy to do. The spells will tell you what they take up. Like I believe I get 4 level one spells per short rests and 2 level 2 spells per short rests. I have one spell that I get two uses out of per long rest. You just have a camp that you can go to and long rest. There are travel points all over the map so it's easy to get back to where you were
Thanks for that. Do appreciate that as I like using mages in games and wanted to see if it was feasible, which it seems like it is.
[Reply]
tredadda 08:35 AM 08-07-2023
I find it fairly easy to do until you get a bit use to Larian Games and how they structure their quests. For example, in divinty orginal sin 1, just leaving by one side of town immediately put you a fight above your level. You go out on the other side of town, and you do fine.

I'm kind of getting that feeling here. I went out to explore when I should have stayed and talked and finished some quests in the starting hub. A few levels means a lot.

So far I wouldn't say fights are numerous, so no frustration running into level 5 enemies at level 3. Only downside was going back across the map. There is a way point system, and I need to better learn it.

If you pay attention to your quest log and dialouge, the game will steer you where you should go, but it also doesn't not care one bit whether you do. It has a lot of freedom.

No scaleable enemies.

The magic system is DnD, pathfinder. You have x number of spell slots, which equal 1 use. So, if you want to cast grease more than once a rest, you have to slot it again. It can seem restrictive at first and in early levels, but you learn to work with it. You gave zero level spells that you can cast unlimited. Also, scrolls and potions.

You get more spell slots as you level up.

Resting takes you to your camp. Not sure on all the mechanics yet, outside party control and talking to your followers. Need supplies to rest.

I don't think you can spam resting like on older dnd games, but there also isn't a timer countdown on some quests, nor tracks time of day as strictly as the pathfinder games.

Like in pathfinder, I'm hoping there are some feats and equipment that gives you extra spell slots.
Really appreciate you taking the time to answer my questions. It's funny that I had for whatever reason never heard of Divinity 1 before you brought it up, but because of another review I saw on YouTube (one of those silly ranking ones) I had heard of and got Divinity 2, but never actually played it.

Reading what you have posted makes me think that playing Divinity 2 while I wait for BG3 on the PS5 might be a good idea and help me some with the mechanics of BG3.
[Reply]
Page 225 of 256
« First < 125175215221222223224225 226227228229235 > Last »
Up