ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Final Mock Draft
staylor26 05:32 PM 04-23-2024
1. Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU - I can just as easily see Patrick Paul here, but I'm going to give Kingsley the edge because of his age. I also think a trade up for a LT is very possible, but I don't even try to predict trades.

2. Javon Baker, WR, UCF - compliments Rice and Brown perfectly. Might require a small trade up, but I have them getting him at 64.

3. Renardo Green, CB, FSU - the Chiefs are going to draft a CB, just a matter of when. Green is a great combination of need, fit, and value here in the 3rd.

4. Jared Wiley, TE, TCU - the Chiefs have been sniffing around TEs this year, and it feels like they will be taking one early on day 3.

5. Tyrone Tracy Jr., RB, Purdue - the former WR is an ideal replacement for McKinnon, and gives them a guy that compliments Pacheco very well.

6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa - productive small school guy that's worth a swing.

7. Giovanni Manu, OT, British Columbia - possible replacement for Smith here, or a swing T. Let him and Morris develop and it will sort itself out long term.
[Reply]
Couch-Potato 07:00 PM 04-23-2024
This feels very realistic to me!
[Reply]
RunKC 07:37 PM 04-23-2024
We are pretty close. I had Kingsley too as well as Wiley but earlier. Also have a FSU corner but the other one. Javon Baker is one of 3 WR’s I’m considering rd 2.
[Reply]
Bowser 07:47 PM 04-23-2024
I know Irv Smith is only on a one year deal, but are we really looking at TE in this draft? Don't we have a couple of guys stashed on the PS that are capable (with Mahomes throwing to them, anyway)?

That's a minor quirk, really. I'd take that for sure.
[Reply]
Dante84 07:47 PM 04-23-2024
The Andy Reid / BYU thing might factor into this pick as well
[Reply]
MahomesMagic 08:00 PM 04-23-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
1. Kingsley Suamataia, OT, BYU - I can just as easily see Patrick Paul here, but I'm going to give Kingsley the edge because of his age. I also think a trade up for a LT is very possible, but I don't even try to predict trades.

2. Javon Baker, WR, UCF - compliments Rice and Brown perfectly. Might require a small trade up, but I have them getting him at 64.

3. Renardo Green, CB, FSU - the Chiefs are going to draft a CB, just a matter of when. Green is a great combination of need, fit, and value here in the 3rd.

4. Jared Wiley, TE, TCU - the Chiefs have been sniffing around TEs this year, and it feels like they will be taking one early on day 3.

5. Tyrone Tracy Jr., RB, Purdue - the former WR is an ideal replacement for McKinnon, and gives them a guy that compliments Pacheco very well.

6. Khristian Boyd, DT, Northern Iowa - productive small school guy that's worth a swing.

7. Giovanni Manu, OT, British Columbia - possible replacement for Smith here, or a swing T. Let him and Morris develop and it will sort itself out long term.

Do you see Suamataia as a lot better than other tackles that will be going in the 2nd?
[Reply]
staylor26 08:22 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by MahomesMagic:
Do you see Suamataia as a lot better than other tackles that will be going in the 2nd?
This is a predictive mock, but I believe and agree with Veach when he essentially said the WR depth is much better.

All things even, I'd prefer a WR, but if it's Kingsley/Baker or Blake Fisher and Xavier Worthy, the former is a better combo.
[Reply]
Hoover 08:28 AM 04-24-2024
This is really close to how I see it going unless they trade up.
[Reply]
staylor26 08:33 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Hoover:
This is really close to how I see it going unless they trade up.
Yea, a trade up would obviously change everything, but they're just so damn hard to predict I don't even bother with my mocks.
[Reply]
kccrow 08:34 AM 04-24-2024
I'd be quite pleased with this draft, honestly. I think I feel very similar about the overall playout of it positionally and by round.

I do think if we don't go WR in round 1, we will make a move in the 2nd round to get a guy we like. I'd probably swap Wiley and Green by round but that's a matter of personal opinion that doesn't really affect much.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:36 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by Dante84:
The Andy Reid / BYU thing might factor into this pick as well
There isn't an Andy Reid/BYU thing.
[Reply]
In58men 08:48 AM 04-24-2024

To summarize my last 5 phone calls- everyone is moving up for an OT.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) April 24, 2024

[Reply]
staylor26 08:55 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
There isn't an Andy Reid/BYU thing.
Have the Chiefs drafted a single BYU player under Reid? :-)

Dirty Dan was an UDFA.
[Reply]
The Franchise 08:58 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Have the Chiefs drafted a single BYU player under Reid? :-)

Dirty Dan was an UDFA.
Once in 2005. A guard in the 5th round.
[Reply]
RedinTexas 08:59 AM 04-24-2024
Originally Posted by In58men:
Classic draft strategy is that when everyone else zigs, you should zag. If everyone else is trying to trade up for OT, we'll probably looking at something else, but I'd still prefer to fill the OT slot first.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 2
1 2 >
Up